• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon GO Fest - Real life event in Chicago on July 22nd

JoeM86

Just got announced

gofestoneyear.jpg
We’re also excited to announce our first ever real-world Pokémon GO event coming your way: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago! This event will take place in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA at the beautiful Grant Park on July 22, 2017. Join us as we celebrate the Pokémon GO community with a ton of exciting festivities. Tickets and more information for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will be available at PokemonGoLive.com/Fest on Monday, June 19 at 10:00 A.M. PDT, so make sure to mark your calendars and follow our social media channels to be notified when tickets go live! European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers. We'll be posting a complete schedule for these events very soon. Also, The Pokémon Company is organizing “Pikachu Outbreak”, a Pokémon event in Yokohama, Japan, in August where they’re exploring a unique Pokémon GO experience. Stay tuned for even more details surrounding each of these events in the coming weeks.
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

Not sure I agree with selling tickets for a Pokémon GO event. We'll see when prices come

Sounds cool.

I’ll be there. Last summer we had a big meet up for Pokémon Go at Milleniun Park. Grant Park is the perfect spot. I haven’t played since last summer but it’ll be a fun way to get back in, even if only for this one event.

oti

Banned
I'd fuckin love to go to something like this

Hoping for some EU events as well

They announced them in the same post.

European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers.

Laieon

If they use these events as the method of obtaining the Legendary Pokémon, then that's a horrifically bad move.

I have a friend who is ridiculously into Ingress and I think this is how you get rare items or something in that (there was an event in Seoul awhile back that he just had to go to), I'm betting the same will apply for Pokemon.

JoeM86

I have a friend who is ridiculously into Ingress and I think this is how you get rare items or something in that (there was an event in Seoul awhile back that he just had to go to), I'm betting the same will apply for Pokemon.

That is not acceptable if it happens.

Syntsui

Getting rare Pokémons in specific, region locked events was always a thing in the main games so I would not be surprised it they did the same in Pokémon Go, even more considering it was a thing in Ingress too.

Getting rare Pokémons in specific, region locked events was always a thing in the main games so I would not be surprised it they did the same in Pokémon Go, even more considering it was a thing in Ingress too.

Here in Japan they had a segment of a variety show where a couple went around looking for their last pokemon. Took them 12 hours of riding around on bycicles to find a freaking Corsola lol.

PSFan

If they use these events as the method of obtaining the Legendary Pokémon, then that's a horrifically bad move.

If that's the case, Hanke can fuck right off and die in a fire along with his game.

True Fire

It's not much different from Generation 3. I had to get my parents to drive me 2 hours to get 10th anniversary legendary Pokemon.

JoeM86

That mewtwo event never happened, wonder how that would have played out because last year they could have easily caused riots and shit

They have been saying Legendary Pokémon this summer.

Now we're getting these events this summer.

I have a bad feeling.

Top Bottom