• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabelli

I just put my Vaporeon in a 6 tier Valor gym

1665 Flareon (the reason I could level the gym in the first place)
1689 Vaporeon (mine)
1748 Snorlax
1915 Snorlax
1954 Vaporeon
2479 Snorlax

I'm curious to see how long this gym will stand.

border

I just put my Vaporeon in a 6 tier Valor gym

1665 Flareon (the reason I could level the gym in the first place)
1689 Vaporeon (mine)
1748 Snorlax
1915 Snorlax
1954 Vaporeon
2479 Snorlax

I'm curious to see how long this gym will stand.

Obviously it depends on whether or not your gym is in a well-trafficked location, but if you can find something off the beaten path then I feel like a Level 7-8 gym can stand for a long time. If it's still standing in a couple days you should go back and try to help get it to Level 9 or 10.

I think there's some sort of psychological threshold where people won't bother your gym if they don't think they can easily take it down with a team of 6, so getting it beyond Level 6 is crucial. If your gym is in a commonly used park or an office building that hundreds of people visit daily, then give it up. So far my secret to getting easily held gyms is finding churches in rough neighborhoods. Churches often turn into gyms, and if they're in a place where a lot of people don't want to go walking then not many people will challenge them.

Diabelli

That gym is in the vicinity of my home, so I could potentially keep leveling it up if they'd give me some fucking revives. I would say the turnover is pretty average, but I've held the gym all night with just one pokemon, so it's just got to last the day. I've never seen such a beast team with 3 Snorlax in it though, so this is new.

Also what I would give for that gym to have been a pokestop instead :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom