• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Awayze

Neo Member
I've sat at various lures around universities for 3+ hours since Thursday and not once did I get a decent Pokemon, other than 2 Lickitung's and general common drivel.
Where are the Lapras' and Aerodactyl's? If there is a decent area with Pokemon, gotta decide with catching them or getting stabbed and losing all your possessions....
Various sightings of Chansey's spawning in rough areas around Manchester.

GulAtiCa

Lapras' and Aerodactyl's are extremely rare. Your not going to see pop up much at all. If ever. I've seen like 7 or 8 Snorlax's in the wild now (only caught 4 :(, rest I couldn't get to in time ), but no Poligons, Chanseys, Lapras or Aerodactyl's (outside of events). Just from Eggs. Hell, I've seen 2 Gyrados in the wild.

For Lapras, it's been said they do tend to spawn in more industrial areas apparently, like where voltorbs / magnemite tend to spawn (not talking about bi-weekly nests). Ocean too sometimes. Water spawns are a no go. They don't seem to really spawn there (for some reason most Ocean beach spawns don't apparently count as water sources according to those that visited the beach)

I really wish they'd make some of these super rare pokemon not so rare.

Awayze

Neo Member
I've seen on Reddit, that some players in the US have got Aerodactyl spawns near them in desert biomes? A bus station on FB was mentioned in the town next to me and a quick scan shows it doesn't have Slowpoke's and Poilwags every metre like where I cam currently.
I've seen Lapras once in an area that generally has rare spawns but due to work wasnt allowed to leave the premises, I didn't think they'd be that rare.

Growlie19

Visited a local Growlithe nest to stock up while the event's still going. Went from one candy to over 150 before splurging it on powering up my Arcanine (now 2441CP) and evolving two Growlithe. One ended up with Bulldoze, so it got released. The other rolled Bite/Flamethrower. Still waiting on Fire Blast. I also found a Squirtle and Bulbasaur while hunting, which was a nice bonus.

Oh, and I hatched two Igglybuff, which is the one baby I don't need right now.

Just a heads up - for those who don't have a Go Plus (like me), the official Pokemon Center site has them in stock. I just saw it up when browsing randomly. Not sure how long those will last.

I've caught 3 Lapras at the ocean, and 1 in the middle of the city.

Outside this event, I've got 1 Chansey in an urban area, and 3 Porygon in urban areas and 1 in the city.

Never seen a wild Aerodactyl or Snorlax (have hatched one Aerodactyl).
Snorlax is the only Pokemon I'm missing (outside of regionals).

Joni

Say what?!
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/831835764837216256

Cannot open the article at work but it seems more Pokemon from gold/silver are coming this week?

Even more even

While catching Pokémon, Trainers can use two new Berries—the Nanab Berry, which slows a Pokémon’s movements, and the Pinap Berry, which doubles the amount of Candy received if the next catch attempt succeeds. Trainers will also be able to customize their avatar’s appearance with a new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items. Additional items will be available for purchase from the in-game Pokémon GO shop.

Swamped

Banned
Just saw the huge news that there will be a huge update with 80+ gen 2 pokemon! So excited. Can't wait to get back into playing the game everyday.

Trainers,

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and many more Pokémon are nearly here! Starting later this week, you’ll have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. We’ve also implemented some new features to enhance your Pokémon GO experience.

Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.

New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.

New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!

New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you’ll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.

Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends. We can’t wait to see the Pokémon you catch!

—The Pokémon GO team

from pokemongolive.com

so seems like pokemon will not just jump and attack to avoid your pokeballs.

and new berries!

new clothes!

and evolve items!

Dishwalla

Banned
Wonder when this'll take place, won't be until at least 2 pm eastern I bet, they won't do it until after the current event is over. I'd guess tomorrow.

Am really excited to start seeing shadows of Pokémon I don't have on my tracker again.

CassSept

While I still don't have a Togetic or Magby I have all Kanto Pokemon and a ton of candies for all Pokemon that evolve in Gen 2 so yeah, high time :D

I only hope next weekend won't be as damn cold as this past one.

JavyOO7

I think with the increased spawn points a while back was in preparation for this day.

...but man, if I can just find one more dratini before this event ends then I can finally get a Dragonite. Fak.

Asgaro

What a TIME to be alive!!! :D

And I'm training for a Half Marathon on April 2nd. This will be fun to do while out on a run!

GulAtiCa

I used up all my coins in the hopes of getting 10km eggs the whole week. I only got one and it's an Elekid. T_T

That reminds me, did you hatch your 9 10km eggs?

Yep! Got a nice Lapras out of it. Oxx really made out like a king though, they got a Snorlax, Dratini and a Lapras from theirs.

Also, instead of waiting till I have 9 10k eggs, I'm just going to wait till I have 6 10k eggs instead and then do a big hatching. I tend to have 3 egg incubators going each new week, so having 7 or 8 10k eggs really slows down my hatchings

rbpQb3M.gif

Nice, I'm still missing a lot of Pokemon because of garbage spawn rates, especially 3rd form stuff, but some of the more common mons I should have no problem evolving to get their Gen 2 evos.

I hope that some of the Gen 1 common mons will be less likely to appear than stuff like Sentret and such.

I got two Lapras a long time ago, neither were wonders. Both had icebreath and blizzard though, which I think are the best moves? Never bothered to power them up though.

Awayze

Neo Member
Decided to evolve my best Karp, got crappy Twister. Kick in the stomach as it'll take me another 6 months to get a second Gyarados.

I hope they make gen 1 spawns a bit more frequent now to give us a chance to catch em all.

Twister isn't all bad, players that use Jolteons and don't pay enough attention will see their health bar get wrecked by a decent gyrados with Twister. I know that one from experience, sadly.

Tons of Porygons here in Boston. A little incensed that I'm here during the whole of the event. I live in LA and apparently Chanceys are spwaning there more. Ugh.

GulAtiCa

New Pokemon Go APK is out for Android! 0.57.2

Edit: New UI is in this version!
A lot of my different Pokemon have different genders. Like I have a Female Lapras, 2 female Dragonites and 2 male Dragonites

Edit 2: Sprites are slightly different. On left is old, new version on right:

GulAtiCa

Pinap berry will be OP. Just imagine using it during 2x Candy event. 12 instantly (+2 for transfer).

Going to totally use those on Dratinis!

border

Decided to evolve my best Karp, got crappy Twister. Kick in the stomach as it'll take me another 6 months to get a second Gyarados.

Gyrados with Bite is stiil pretty good against Snorlax.

But overall Gyrados is kinda junk anyway. The only positive thing is that Magikarp candy is so plentiful that it is easy to power them up to 2800-3000 CP and have them occupy a high rank on a captured tower.

Top Bottom