• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

Evolved a Wooper into a Quagsire, bringing me to 42 Johto Pokémon. I also found another Sudowoodo, so they may not be as rare as I thought....

Not a big fan of Gen II tbh, lots of the designs are just spheres with legs. The names are pretty random too. Gameplay wise there's not much to evolve, so many common ones that don't have an evolution (at least not in this gen yet).

Oh and the drop rate of special items is abysmal.

Still, it's fun to be able to find something new in the wild again.

JavyOO7

Got a Dragon scale on my 7th day Pokestop streak. Not bad.

31/70 on the Johto medal so far. Not bad. Don't want to get them all in a weekend. XD

I finally found a Grimer... /tears

edit - Game Master file was updated earlier today and Togetic base capture rate is 5 percent. Probably was lower before the GM file updated

Awayze

Neo Member
Togetic seems to be in universities or grassy areas. Got one with just one Ultra ball, 75%iv 650cp, would like a Togepi also.
Gonna hit the campus properly tomorrow.

Dishwalla

Banned
Togetic seems to be in universities or grassy areas. Got one with just one Ultra ball, 75%iv 650cp, would like a Togepi also.
Gonna hit the campus properly tomorrow.

Really? Hmm, maybe I'll swing by ODU in the morning on the way home from work, see if I have any luck.

Awayze

Neo Member
Really? Hmm, maybe I'll swing by ODU in the morning on the way home from work, see if I have any luck.
Well,I'm at university so the scanner only scans around me but I look at the spawns in London also and Togetic seems to pop up in parks, golf courses ie, green areas.

zulux21

so is it common to have most of your vaporeons no longer have hydro pump?

I had at least two of them over 1500 that had hydropump and they have aquatail instead.

now I only seem to have one vaporeon with hydropump anymore.

>cp27 HootHoot appears
"Sure, why not? Need the candy."
>Turns into cp29 Ditto (my first)
9ZiEn9w.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, I can't find anyone else having this problem. Does ANYONE have T-Mobile or live on the east coast and can't play the game? Or have you heard of anyone with login problems?

I just updated and started playing again today. I caught a few new Pokemon, tried to change my player avatar, and got kicked out. Every attempt to login by selecting my old email address since then has failed. I just eventually get an "unable to authenticate" error. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the (Android) application.

It's awful because my girlfriend wants to start playing again and I will be miserable if she catches tons of new stuff and I can't participate at all. :(

Growlie19

Got a wild Aipom and received a King's Rock from my 7-day streak, which I used to get a Slowking. I also got the bronze Dark medal thanks to all the Murkrow around. Up to 44 Johto Pokémon caught.

Two days of hard playing, 53 of the gen 2 so far. Including a pineco, which I think is kinda rare apparently? Been through three cities and probably 20 10k eggs, first one I saw. Close to 1k stops spun, 3 evolution items which is a horseshit ratio.

Also, is the Suduow or whatever it is being in 10ks some sick joke? Aside from it jackslapping players who aren't paying attention and tossing a fire type at it, what good is it?

Blizzard

Banned
I checked downdetector and I'm seeing a few other comments about being unable to login in the last 24 hours and going back to the birthday question. I really hope it gets fixed soon.

*edit* It's working again! Rejoice!

Found a Larvitar before work today which was amazing.

Then hatched my 10km egg after work which was a... Larvitar. It doesn't have the best appraisal but still, at 29 candy which is great.

Also got a King's Rock from my 7 day streak and got a Politoed.

At 52 Johto Pokemon now.

HiResDes

Only thing I've gotten is upgrade, but I evolved a perfect Porygon into part II and ended up hidden power and fucking solar beam as the charge move. Pretty sure it's shit right?

Hatched a Chansey, needed it for the candy anyways so that's good. Gonna boost up my Blissey. Blisseys are all over the place now, never fought one but I heard it's hard.

Hatched a Chansey, needed it for the candy anyways so that's good. Gonna boost up my Blissey. Blisseys are all over the place now, never fought one but I heard it's hard.
They're annoying as hell, so I'm glad to have my 2800+ perfect IV Blissey, lol. I have a 44/45 IV Chansey too, with 200 candy to start working on it next.

Dynasty

Caught a Sudowooda, I went a bit out of the way to get it but was worth it since I dont if I will find it again. Also got a King's Rock out of my 7 day streak so I guess the 7 day streak gives you a evolution item or at the least ups your chance considerably.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
sudowooda regularly pops up on my nearby pokestops list he dosnt seem that rare seen him at least 50 times pop up if it wasnt raining this bad id go grab em

Awayze

Neo Member
Got Metal coat but have 3 candy's per Onix and Scyther and both suck so no chance I'll ever use it unless I hit a nest.

I have the absolute worst luck with eggs. Ever since Gen II came out I've hatched around 35 eggs and the only Gen II Pokemon I've hatched are Togepi, three Woopers (which are common in my area anyway) and Mantine. From the remaining eggs I've hatched Staryu five times, Poliwag three times, Psyduck twice, Diglett twice and Krabby twice all of which are common near me. The only good Gen I's I got were Lapras, Aerodactyl and Vulpix.

Firemind

oh for god's sake. vine whip and petal blizzard are the absolute worst moves for venusaur and that's the one I leveled to 36.5 lol

thunder is also the worst possible special move for jolteon now

taking out vaporeons takes so long now sigh

Top Bottom