• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I don't need a double XP event at all. Double star dust please :D

Man our team is really getting fucked in my town. It used to be a battle between red and blue but now blue and also yellow destroyed almost all of our gyms. I think it's time to fight back. Got enough potions and revives anyways

Oxx

I wouldn't delete the app out of disgust if the event involved double-xp, but levelling-up isn't a particularly exciting reward.

I've been lucky with gen 2. Good variety of spawns and plenty of starters here. On around 90 Cyndaquil, 65 Mareep and 25 Togepi candy. Other than them I just need 2 Sun Stones (edit: make that 1, woo) and Unown.

Still no Snorlax though :p

I wouldn't delete the app out of disgust if the event involved double-xp, but levelling-up isn't a particularly exciting reward.

Agreed. If they just give a lazy double-something event I want stardust.

I've noticed they added an image of what it turns into on the evolve screen if you have it already instead of just a shadowed pokemon.

Also, what is the rarity of shiny magikarp?

GulAtiCa

Hatched a Tyrogue for 1st time! Sadly Attack was stronger, so got a Hitmonlee.

Also, I decided to take my $20 worth of Google Opinion Rewards credit and buy the $40 coins package. So I now over 12,000 coins. Last time I bought coins was back in early August. Lately I've been really conservative + with the amount of coins I gain a week (about 80 avg, so x 8 a week is 640 nice coins that I use on eggs) to stay with a nice amount. Currently saving them for bigger events.

Last time I really went crazy with my coins was last year around Oct when I went to Universal Studios. I prob used over 5,000 coins in a 5 day period just on eggs. Hatched so many damn eggs over that period. Was constantly hatching 9 at a time. That was fun.

Oxx

I've saved 3x 10km eggs in case the upcoming event does anything helpful.

It will probably be 'Bunny-Ear Pikachu' and increased hatch rates for Chansey, Togepi, and Exeggcute, tho.

GulAtiCa

I'll take more Chanseys. :)

But seriosuly, my pipe dream is for 1/2 or even 1/4th egg hatch distances. Imagine only needing 5k or even 2.5k for a 10k egg!

HiResDes

Only? That's monstrous to me. I'm still working on getting one myself. My rarest Gen 2 pokemon is probably mareep, only caught one and I've never seen one in a gym in Cincinnati, which is crazy because I've seen multiple Heracross before lol...

Feels like ages since I've posted in here...

I got hit with the flu BAD about halfway through the water event. Thankfully there's a pokestop accessible just 20 feet outside my front door, so my POGO activities for the last week and a half have consisted of dragging myself out the door for 1 spin and catch in the morning.

I did go through two more 7 day streaks in this time and bagged a sun stone and king's rock. Sunflora and Politoed are done.

Yesterday was my first day back in the saddle. Got a lucky break on nest roations, an Onix and Shuckle nest close by. Topped off my candies for Steelix and grabbed a single Shuckle for the dex

...and I nabbed a wild Blissey. Chansey is rare enough around here, nearly dropped my phone when I saw her pop up on the nearby. Only 793 CP, but I pinapped her for that sweet candy and left satisfied. My main Blissey is now at 2225.

I also lost 3 gyms while I was sick, looking to get 2 back after work today.

Dex progress:

228/233 caught (excluding regionals)

MISSING
Togepi (egg)
Ampharos (61/100 candies)
Unown
Steelix (metal coat)
Porygon2 (upgrade, 17/50 candies)

Fuck Unown and its silly rarity. 3 of the 4 confirmed spawns in my area have been between 1 and 4 AM. If I didn't get hit with the flu I would have an Ampharos already since one that I could have otherwise easily obtained. Sucked checking in on my FB group hours later and seeing them post pics of the catch. I don't know what the deal is with Togepi, I've burned through at least 100 2k eggs since the babies have showed up and it just continues to elude me.

Huh, found a working online scanner.

Now to sit here scanning an area every 60 seconds trying to find a Snorlax for my dex.

Edit: FUCK THE SCANNER WHO NEEDS IT ANYWAY

xBbgilx.png
dFsDkz2.png
fepFL5H.png
wQfkLH3.png

Showed up on a Pokestop a couple streets from my house.

Gen 1 is finally done :')

Congrats on the Snorlax! It's a big one, too.

I struggled with some of the 10kms, but I would say that Aerodactyl is easily the hardest Pokemon to get. I never hatched Aerodactyl, Hitmonchan, or Lapras out of the original 10km group. But I was at least able to catch a few of the latter two in the wild. I've only seen Aerodactyl once. It was honestly pretty pathetic battle wise, but I at least have one.

Feels like ages since I've posted in here...

Dex progress:

228/233 caught (excluding regionals)

MISSING
Togepi (egg)
Ampharos (61/100 candies)
Unown
Steelix (metal coat)
Porygon2 (upgrade, 17/50 candies)

I don't know what the deal is with Togepi, I've burned through at least 100 2k eggs since the babies have showed up and it just continues to elude me.

This post is fascinating to me, because I seem to be really lucky with the babies. I don't have them all, but I'm only missing Smoochum and Tyrogue.

I have 2 Pichu, 3 Cleffa, and a 100% Magby. I hatched 2 Togepi, and I evolved one of them into Togetic a while back. Keeping the other one as a baby forever, because it's part of my living Pokedex goal.

Since you listed Porygon, I want to know if anybody has ever hatched one? Porygon and Tauros are the only two of the original 150 that I never hatched from 5km eggs. Not like I actually need a Taurus, since I caught 67 of them.

I have the Candy and Up-Grade needed for Porygon2, but all my Porygon suck.

Joni

I have hatched a Porygon a couple of months back. You won't hatch a Tauros anymore, they don't have regionals in eggs anymore.

ZeroCDR

Hatched two Sudowoodo's in a row, not looking forward to the remainder of my 10's.

As far as Gen 1 goes I still need Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl, some day. Gen 2 I'm doing really good, still need a few babies, Larvitar and Miltank.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Since you listed Porygon, I want to know if anybody has ever hatched one? Porygon and Tauros are the only two of the original 150 that I never hatched from 5km eggs. Not like I actually need a Taurus, since I caught 67 of them.

out of 1021 eggs ive hatched 4 porygon never seen one in the wild

Oxx

This is still the calm before the storm.

No hint of new mons in the wild. No good egg hatches.

I'd need to travel to another town/city to hit some better nests or spawns.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
after my Togepi egg candy rant, I hatched another today that had 9 candy...

very funny, Niantic (still glad to have saved 50 km though!)

Disney World overall was a kinda a bust. Lots of magikarp, some dratinis and one dragonair. Couple Heracross. Didn't see a Larvitar or Mareep the whole time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Doesn't sound like a bust to me, lol. I'll gladly take all of that when I go next month.

No Corsola though?

not really at Disney World, but caught several at the Orlando airport.

That said, I think I saw about 1 Heracross a day or so. Hollywood Studios seems to have a place they spawn.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were some good things there, but it wasn't super magical land of high-end Pokemon. Pokestops everywhere and constant walking helps, of course.

not really at Disney World, but caught several at the Orlando airport.

That said, I think I saw about 1 Heracross a day or so. Hollywood Studios seems to have a place they spawn.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were some good things there, but it wasn't super magical land of high-end Pokemon. Pokestops everywhere and constant walking helps, of course.
I live in Arizona so even a single Dratini or a lot of Magikarp is a magical land to me, lol. I've only ever seen a couple non-nest/event Magikarp and the last wild Dratini I caught was back during month one, when they still had nests.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, don't be fooled by those few reports of getting Dragonite/Snorlax at Disney / Universal. Possible, but just as likely at any other city place. It's not some magic Pokemon area. Giant water biome though, so expect all water pokemon & Dratinis.

Great for Dratinis. I must have caught 15 when I last went. Helps that my hotel room was on a Pokestop. And me and others from same hotel constantly had it lured. Hell, there were prob 10 more I could have gotten if I went after them, but was usually in opposite direction of where me & my girlfriend at time (now fiancee) were going. Plus had 2 Dragonites back then (now 4!), so wasn't that important.

I'm still bitter that the Dragonair I tried to get my 1st day at Universal escaped! My Pokedex entry of seeing 9 and only catching 8 makes me sad. lol (I evolved 3 Dratinis, so I caught 5 in wild now).

Actually.. Now that I think about it, there was a Snorlax on my radar (before the nearby system) while I was having dinner.. Couldn't find it of course, since leaving would have been a big no no.

During the whole time all my Pokemon except for 1 got knocked out of gyms. I found that hilariously annoying. lol

Were going back there this early November for our Honeymoon, as well as the beach too! Can't wait. Pokestops were everywhere. Constantly spinning pokestops. Best part was using my PG+ on the rides and collecting them. This was before the speed limits. So I'm not sure how well it will work this time, but most of the time the rides "really" don't go fast and kinda stay put (except for the actual coaster rides). At the current rate, Gen 3 might be out by then.

Scored a nice fighting Poliwrath with Rock Smash/Dynamic Punch gonna power him up just to fight Blisseys lol

He'll shred Tyranitars too. Fighting moves are double effective and Poliwrath's typing will resist every move in his arsenal. I have one with the same moveset at 1624 CP and he can take on 3k Tyranitars just dodging the charge moves.

gutshot

Does Incense attract nesting Pokemon? I just had a 30 min farming session at a Machop nest and I assumed that my Incense would help attract a couple more Machops but it only seemed to spawn the usual commons. It occurred to me that maybe Incense doesn't pull from the nesting Pokemon but only the biome ones? Or I just got a bit unlucky.

GulAtiCa

Just hatched my 3rd Lavitar! Only 23 candies though, so will need to hatch at least 2 more. Then hatched another damn Mantine...

Seems like every other 10k egg for me is good then bad, etc. Got 2 more on me, hopefully next 1 is good!

Growlie19

Walked my way to a Muk, leaving Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl left for Kanto. Switched to a 799 CP Eevee as my buddy, going for a better Espeon. Oh, and I bought the last Go+ from a local Target, and I'm liking it. A two hour trip only drained 40 percent of my battery.

HiResDes

He'll shred Tyranitars too. Fighting moves are double effective and Poliwrath's typing will resist every move in his arsenal. I have one with the same moveset at 1624 CP and he can take on 3k Tyranitars just dodging the charge moves.
Wish they never nerfed poliwrath he's such a badass pokemon. Got a toad for the dex but never evolving another.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've hit 4 7-day streaks since Gen 2 started. I've gotten 3 Dragon Scales and 1 Sun Stone, plus another sun stone in a random drop.

Fuck you Niantic

I've hit 4 7-day streaks since Gen 2 started. I've gotten 3 Dragon Scales and 1 Sun Stone, plus another sun stone in a random drop.

Fuck you Niantic

Similar boat, though it's admittedly not as bad as yours. I just got a Dragon Scale from my 7-day streak, and I already had picked up 3 before.

I had sufficient amounts of all other evolution items, except for the Metal Coat. I haven't picked up a single one, and I need at least two for basic Pokedex completion.

Joni

Caught Hitmontop! Great way to start the day as I'm done with the Hitmon evolutions now. Just need that damn Tyrogue.

Finished walking my Togetic.

Sucks to go from a 3K buddy to a 5K buddy (Larvitar). Progress feels slow.

Went out of my way to get a Dratini this morning and he fled after one ultra ball :(

Looking forward to potential Easter event. Got five 10k eggs and a ton of incubators saved up.

Double D

Does anyone else that use an Apple Watch deal with syncing issues? For the past week or so now my watch keeps showing old egg data and doesn't progress at all. Can sometimes work it out by resetting both devices, but then for whatever reason it goes back to that same old egg data.

Just seeing if there's some guaranteed way to force it to sync back up with my phone.

Does anyone else that use an Apple Watch deal with syncing issues? For the past week or so now my watch keeps showing old egg data and doesn't progress at all. Can sometimes work it out by resetting both devices, but then for whatever reason it goes back to that same old egg data.

Just seeing if there's some guaranteed way to force it to sync back up with my phone.

The watch app absolutely feels like something they signed up to create and then didn't want to actually...make good. It works when it wants. I did just realize that it screws up speedlock so Pokemon will still spawn and (sometimes) pokestops can be spun, so I guess it's not totally useless.

Top Bottom