• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

6 hour lures is nice, otherwise this event doesn't do much for me. I get plenty of grass spawns in my area.

Hopefully Tangela makes an appearance since that's a bitch to get in certain biomes. If he's rare for you, break out those pinap berries, he has an evolution down the line in gen 4.

GulAtiCa

Reach lv 34 last night! Gained my 14th Gyarados, which I leveled it up all the way so I could get it to over 3000cp. First Gyarados over 3k. Still need to lv up my 100% Gyarados, but it's been stuck in a gym for a long time. Evolved another Rhyhorn, another damn bug move... Oh well, I'll level it up. Pokedex now at lv 224.

Also been a Dratini week for me! Sunday: 1. Monday: Dragonair ran away, but 1 Dratini later on. Tuesday: Dragonair! Wed: 2 Dratinis. Thursday: 1. Friday: 1 so far.

C_D1uATXcAAzk1X.jpg:large
C_D1uhvW0AAGAa7.jpg:large
C_D1vGqXUAAkAgK.jpg:large
C_D1vqCXYAAXRsZ.jpg:large

gutshot

I see your 1 Dratini a day and raise you this...

Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LSKXYgBiLuVNyyeen-r9vNNksJB1s_WqHNbY5E9ofxwhNij8tWZS3swWqrddsiahbhrxqb4sx1IA2c4OjhSzfvlhrgdOBrTEOtPPHjujZXFQWXV-waacM922WP28_WHXlKT-dfYTvShRGFOUqI0OIbW5PIzmX_VGU-ux5rz6NTdTe7Sn0EMEF_vf2TeGcjKbMsQqh8NOy8zQNziUob9sLGWBVueqFz9LRmlVDdpZpC75-p_86mNnpJ7v_0igK40gt492XOp_AXtnFwb8qv8bel-Nec2Yr6zr8oWCS9F8tL0Xzrtrl-KbFBPQkYIYHolW6iM7IwCkjWOOJdBCRAehQnvFdYAWNo7KuFn_4HLKU9n_tcKtD5_dHWY9RZ0jIScPNk-O2x8KDdw99lJVmafaYz9O5xaLtEQO83Gxg2FDsurswJ4PQrkqheYKjNGKnoUGECyIpqY7N3X4KcpX1Iozdh6hyzSVo9TcoYlAlayuzHHSTvT5_hGVentX7hxPT_EfMfwankX_oh0gPeJSluNBCdcSSxHIH_BTc4c-K8CydAbJB26MHCiMrP3DQ-uRfV36LgboU3iMoJFTn78_15Z9YtYqvu_OkjX8OlrqnXwdUlNSgVj_4TRY=w900-h1600-no[/IMG]

That was yesterday as I was leaving work. I also caught a Dragonair earlier that same day. :p

GulAtiCa

I see your 1 Dratini a day and raise you this...

Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LSKXYgBiLuVNyyeen-r9vNNksJB1s_WqHNbY5E9ofxwhNij8tWZS3swWqrddsiahbhrxqb4sx1IA2c4OjhSzfvlhrgdOBrTEOtPPHjujZXFQWXV-waacM922WP28_WHXlKT-dfYTvShRGFOUqI0OIbW5PIzmX_VGU-ux5rz6NTdTe7Sn0EMEF_vf2TeGcjKbMsQqh8NOy8zQNziUob9sLGWBVueqFz9LRmlVDdpZpC75-p_86mNnpJ7v_0igK40gt492XOp_AXtnFwb8qv8bel-Nec2Yr6zr8oWCS9F8tL0Xzrtrl-KbFBPQkYIYHolW6iM7IwCkjWOOJdBCRAehQnvFdYAWNo7KuFn_4HLKU9n_tcKtD5_dHWY9RZ0jIScPNk-O2x8KDdw99lJVmafaYz9O5xaLtEQO83Gxg2FDsurswJ4PQrkqheYKjNGKnoUGECyIpqY7N3X4KcpX1Iozdh6hyzSVo9TcoYlAlayuzHHSTvT5_hGVentX7hxPT_EfMfwankX_oh0gPeJSluNBCdcSSxHIH_BTc4c-K8CydAbJB26MHCiMrP3DQ-uRfV36LgboU3iMoJFTn78_15Z9YtYqvu_OkjX8OlrqnXwdUlNSgVj_4TRY=w900-h1600-no[/IMG]

That was yesterday as I was leaving work. I also caught a Dragonair earlier that same day. :p

Holy fucking shit. Can we switch jobs?

I think Dratini is now my 2nd favorite Pokemon (behind Eevee) now thanks to Pokemon Go. I don't care if I already have 5 Dragonites, I get super excited when I see a Dratini. lol

gutshot

Holy fucking shit. Can we switch jobs?

I think Dratini is now my 2nd favorite Pokemon (behind Eevee) now thanks to Pokemon Go. I don't care if I already have 5 Dragonites, I get super excited when I see a Dratini. lol

To be fair, this was a pretty extreme outlier. Most days I see about 1 Dratini every few hours, resulting in about 3-4 Dratini a day if I'm diligent about checking my Nearby all day while working. But to see a cluster spawn like this is very rare. And yes, despite catching Dratini regularly, I still get excited every time I see one of those light blue serpents on my Nearby. :D

You guys are cute. Come to where I am (Mountain Biome) and you can catch 5 Dragonites a day if you dedicated yourself to it.

Now THAT is insane.

The kicker is that ice types are very rare around here, so all these Dragonites that the higher level players have stockpiles of actually do well in gyms. Lapras, forget it, nobody has seen a wild one until that water event. Everyone that had one prior to that either got really lucky with eggs or went an hour away to the next town where they occasionally spawn. Seel and Shellder almost never show up outside of nests. There's the occasional Swinub and Jynx and that's about it for ice types.

Firemind

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. Exeggutor is the shit.
OK I stand corrected. I love my perfect C/SB Exeggutor :p

Hatched another Chansey today which brings me to a total of 83 candy! I can almost power up a second Blissey! Or do I go for a third Blissey and hope for ZH/DG? XD

border

Venusaur is the only grass type worth getting, as a nimble counter to Vaporeons on towers.

Exeggutor is too slow, and can't dodge for shit. If you're willing to sit there and eat all incoming damage he's not bad I guess.

Firemind

Exeggutor is a great Blissey counter if you don't have double fighting Machamp or double dragon Dragonite, since he resists ZH and Psychic and has a much higher attack than Venusaur. He's even great against Snorlax! Highly recommended!

border

I actually have like 20 Exeggutors with crummy IVs. 6-8 months ago you could evolve any 700 CP Exeggute and it would come out as 2000+ CP Exeggutor, which was enough to get it a high rank on a tower without spending much in the way of dust or candies. Now that most towers are like 2500CP minimum, Exeggutors can't really find a good spot on towers.

I may use this Grass Event to find/develop a high IV Confusion/Solar Beam Exeggutor, just for the sake of it.

Firemind

I actually have like 20 Exeggutors with crummy IVs. 6-8 months ago you could evolve any 700 CP Exeggute and it would come out as 2000+ CP Exeggutor, which was enough to get it a high rank on a tower without spending much in the way of dust or candies. Now that most towers are like 2500CP minimum, Exeggutors can't really find a good spot on towers.

I may use this Grass Event to find/develop a high IV Confusion/Solar Beam Exeggutor, just for the sake of it.
You can't get Confusion anymore, but its other options are better for dodging anyway which is what you'll primarily use Exeggutor for. Solar Beam is OP af.

Oxx

Lots of Sunkern and exeggcute at the last station I stopped at.

Like a fool I had just spent a week grinding Sunkern candy with my buddy.

border

You can't get Confusion anymore, but its other options are better for dodging anyway which is what you'll primarily use Exeggutor for. Solar Beam is OP af.

What is currently the preferred move set for Exeggutor? And is it better than Confusion/SB? I have a couple 60-80% IV Exeggutors with Confusion/SB.

Already caught a Bayleef in the wild so I'm now just catching Chikoritas for candies though I'm probably going to do a straight evolution once I get 125 candies.

Technically you only need 124, due to the 1-candy refund thing. :p

Lol but ya, I usually try to collect at least the max candies is need for a full evolution so that I'll always have extra when I evolve again.

That said, I'm on my way to also evolving another Venusaur at this rate as well.

Growlie19

My local area is pretty much Exeggcute and Sunkern central, with the occasional starter or Oddish. Oh, and I hatched a Charmander; first one since the starter event.

Zero_IYAD

The event isn't running at all in my area!
Went for a 2 hour walk & nothing changed at all!
Very disappointed since the Water Event worked just fine & pushed my Dex greatly!
Was looking forward for the current event but it seems it skipped some regions completely : (

Very disappointed since the Water Event worked just fine & pushed my Dex greatly!
Was looking forward for the current event but it seems it skipped some regions completely : (
No grass types on my nearby. Gonna go out now, hope I will at least find some.

robochimp

I just woke up turned the game on, four Pokémon popped all of them just the normal pidgey and crew with the same on the bear by. Last night it was nothing but exeggcute and sunkern.

Edit: grass Pokémon are back on my nearby

Zero_IYAD

Seems this event is more like the Party Hat Pikachu one.
Unless the Pokemon shows up in your area regularly you probably won't get it.
Being in a desert biome means this event won't do anything for me.
Extremely disappointed : (

CassSept

I went for a walk and eh, not too impressed. Very random, in parks you can see the difference but outside them nothing has changed.

Seems this event is more like the Party Hat Pikachu one.
Unless the Pokemon shows up in your area regularly you probably won't get it.
Being in a desert biome means this event won't do anything for me.
Extremely disappointed : (
I'm in a desert biome, and getting TONS of grass Pokémon. Had seen 2-3 Hoppip before today - NONE in my current area - and now have nearly 20. Basically the same with Chikorita. Oddish and Bulbasair were ultra rare, caught tons. Bellsprout and Sunkern are also far more common.

Zero_IYAD

I'm in a desert biome, and getting TONS of grass Pokémon. Had seen 2-3 Hoppip before today - NONE in my current area - and now have nearly 20. Basically the same with Chikorita. Oddish and Bulbasair were ultra rare, caught tons. Bellsprout and Sunkern are also far more common.
Happy for you.
Not a single Grass Pokemon here, walked almost 4 hours total between last night & today.

Oxx

It has been fun so far.

I've caught 4 or 5 Chikoritas. I'm now at exactly 100 candy, so finally I can evolve Baeleef.

Awayze

Neo Member
A Meganium fled whilst I was several steps away from the Pokestop next to my house, I was under the impression even if it flees, it'll still appear a minute or so after. It didn't despite wondering around the stop.
I bet I don't see one in the wild ever again.

Top Bottom