• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Well it finally happened, the stupid community center like half a mile down the street from my work got a pokestop added overnight. That place is swimming in spawns and now blocks out anything that spawns out the back of my office. No more quick strolls out the back door for rare spawns anymore. I scored a Togetic just yesterday. :(

Also, how does remote berry feeding work? I tried it on the cemetary gyms visible from my house this morning and it didn't work. Do i have to visit the gym first or something?

Well it finally happened, the stupid community center like half a mile down the street from my work got a pokestop added overnight. That place is swimming in spawns and now blocks out anything that spawns out the back of my office. No more quick strolls out the back door for rare spawns anymore. I scored a Togetic just yesterday. :(

Also, how does remote berry feeding work? I tried it on the cemetary gyms visible from my house this morning and it didn't work. Do i have to visit the gym first or something?
Only works if the gym is quite close to you. Workes for me for a gym that's like 100m away.

GulAtiCa

Not sure if there is a limit to the gym feeding. You need to do it via Pokemon itself with the "Go to gym". I was able to feed a Pokemon 6.5 miles away right now.

Is there a limit to how many berries you can feed your mom while remote feeding? I was trying to defend a gym I saw being attacked and I gave my mon about 6 berries. Couldn't do the 7th one and said my mon was too happy even though I can see the motivation meter going down.

gutshot

Is there a limit to how many berries you can feed your mom while remote feeding? I was trying to defend a gym I saw being attacked and I gave my mon about 6 berries. Couldn't do the 7th one and said my mon was too happy even though I can see the motivation meter going down.

The limit is 10 berries per Mon every 30 mins.

Joni

I have farmed an Eevee nest today, ended up with 200 Eevee candy in addition to the stuff I used to max my two Vaporeon and Espeon. Both Vaporeon are now 2900 CP. Hatched a Rhyhorn, candy which I immediately spent on maxing two of my three Rhydon. Have a couple level 35 Pokémon now.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
it seems like at least through the 3 legendary birds Lugia will be around.

It seems like it's permanent, but what happens after Zapdos is anyone's guess.
Yeah this seems to be the theory, guess I will focus on Articuno for the rest of the week, hopefully catch a few for one when trading is implemented

gutshot

Caught my third Articuno and first one that wasn't above 80% IVs. Now I'm torn on whether I should transfer it for the 2 candy or hold onto in the event they never bring it back after Monday and they become very valuable in the future when trading is added to the game.

Yay, walking down the Chicago loop and spotted something I've never seen. Turned out to be a Hitmontop. Got him on my first throw :D

Now my Pokedex is 232 caught and 234 seen

CassSept

Awesome end to the event for me, I finally hatched a Tyrogue, one that evolved into Hitmontop at that! That puts me at 234/235, missing only Unown from non-regional Pokemon and I don't think I'll be fretting over that one too much, no need when it's so random.

All in all great event for me, I finished a second Dragonite (98% IV!), I hatched a Larvitar that allowed me to evolve a pretty great Tyranitar and I've finally gotten two Machamps (I had a Machop nest near me which gave me 200+ candies in less than 20 minutes total, awesome). Also reached level 30 and netted total 350k exp without spending too much time on the game, could have been even more if I had the time to do legendary raids the last three days. Grinded quite a lot of stardust too.

border

I put a bunch of dust/candy into a double-psychic Lugia thinking he would be a great addition to my Machamp raiding team. It turns out that he absolutely sucks, in a matchup where he should have every advantage. I did better just using trash Exeggutors.

I guess the only "Legendary" thing about the legendaries is their place in the Pokemon lore? Like, they may or may not actually be powerful or useful?

CassSept

I put a bunch of dust/candy into a double-psychic Lugia thinking he would be a great addition to my Machamp raiding team. It turns out that he absolutely sucks, in a matchup where he should have every advantage. I did better just using trash Exeggutors.

I guess the only "Legendary" thing about the legendaries is their place in the Pokemon lore? Like, they may or may not actually be powerful or useful?

I'm waiting for Zapdos, Articuno and Lugia are not much improvement over existing Pokemon, but Moltres is fairly strong I believe and Zapdos is far beyond any electric Pokemon in the game and should be beastly. Remember that CP stats in Go are calculated based on mainline game stats using a formula, which means that comparable Pokemon may vastly differ in power (Lugia and Ho-oh have the same stat total in mainline games, while Ho-oh's max cp is over 1k cp ahead of Lugia's).

Mewtwo shall be beastly, though.

Just got a notification they diffetent pokemon may be appearing in parks around me, what's that all about?
Nest migration.

At certain areas (mainly parks) there is a nest pokemon that will spawn regularly there for 2 week intervals. The nest pokemon are not biome dependent, so it can be basically anything except certain ones like Dratini, Larviatar, Pidgey, etc

Firemind

Yeah Lugia sucks. Not that he was great to begin with in the main games. One of my buddies maxed a 96% Lugia and it could only do half against a Machamp using up a lot of time.

I'm waiting for Zapdos, Articuno and Lugia are not much improvement over existing Pokemon, but Moltres is fairly strong I believe and Zapdos is far beyond any electric Pokemon in the game and should be beastly. Remember that CP stats in Go are calculated based on mainline game stats using a formula, which means that comparable Pokemon may vastly differ in power (Lugia and Ho-oh have the same stat total in mainline games, while Ho-oh's max cp is over 1k cp ahead of Lugia's).

Mewtwo shall be beastly, though.
Raikou might be better because of its single weakness, but Zapdos is definitely cooler.

GulAtiCa

The remote feeding is good for trolling people. While out walking, I saw 2 kids take down a gym I walk by everyday. After they left I re took it and placed a Blissey in it. Mainly to help get it to Gold.

But I keep an eye on it. While ordering lunch, I noticed someone was attacking it. No idea if same 2 kids, but I would then remote feed it golden razz berry as well as other Pokémon in it every few minutes. After fee tries, seems they gave up. Esp as by then were 4 Pokémon in it.

I actually don't really care about holding onto the gym. But just want to get it to Gold. Whole thing did make me laugh

Blizzard

Banned
The game is trolling me at this point. An Articuno finally showed up, and it's actually about 300 feet from where I was.

It's in the middle of a workday so no one is there, AND I can't sit outside and wait.

The game is trolling me at this point. An Articuno finally showed up, and it's actually about 300 feet from where I was.

It's in the middle of a workday so no one is there, AND I can't sit outside and wait.

Post the location to your local group, wait for 14-15 people to show, go help out :)

Firemind

Trainer Tips says Lugis is good https://twitter.com/trnrtips/status/890625204627492864

Maybe sucky for raids where time is more critical.
Lugia would have been awesome as a defender, but unfortunately he can't so his role diminishes. Machamp raids are already easy enough to solo for lvl. 30+ players. You don't need Lugia for gyms so there's not a lot he can do. He's better than Blissey in raids, but at least she can defend gyms for you.

Aaaaaaaand it's official:

unown.png

Cleffa is now the only Pokémon I need. Cleffa.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
gah, I'd kill for an Unown. There was one in Burbank yesterday morning and I didn't see it until too late.

Just missing it and Khan.

That is hilarious. I'd give you the one I hatched today for a Pidgey if there was trading.

The little pink fucker has had not one, but two events that made her more common. TWO! I've hatched 7 Pichu, 7 Igglybuff, 8 Togepi, 8 Smoochum, 4 Elekid, and 2 Magby since the babies launched back in December. Hell, I've even hatched 2 Tyrogue!

AND NOT A SINGLE CLEFFA.

I. DON'T. UNDERSTAND.

Pick either Mystic or Valor then find a local scanner for your city so you are not aimlessly wondering around.

I think when you start out "aimlessly wandering around" is really the best way to go because you get a better sense of having fun discovering things, but once you really start going for completion and need things you'll never find on your own (like Unown, and various others depending on your region), then yeah, local scanners are good.

GulAtiCa

I was thinking on starting to play this... any tips?

Ignore what someone said previously. Walk around aimlessly. That will be more fun at first for you. My Fiancee just started playing the game, and loves it.

Be on the look out for Parks and running trails. Most (mainly parks) will be "Nests", this is where certain Pokemon will spawn more frequently for a period. Also, those both usually have bunch of Pokestops / Gyms.

Your best place for Pokestops will be in "downtown" / "historical" areas. Like a LOT of pokestops in Roswell GA are found at Historic Roswell. This will be a good resource for you: https://www.pokemongomap.info/

Finally had a good day. Took the day off work to go raiding in the centre of town and caved in and downloaded Discord, though it it wasn't needed as every raid in central London had at least 10-20 people there. One had over 60 people, it was nuts.
Did two Lugia and three Articuno raids and only caught one Lugia, so bummed that I still have to try and catch Articuno by Monday, but happy to have Lugia and a bunch of rare candy and TMs.
Also just hit level 35.

Ashodin

Also pick any team you want. Raids don't matter what color you are, and as Instinct you'll have an advantage of taking down gyms regularly than the other two colors.

Top Bottom