• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Mr Swine

Banned
Think niantic will add running the game in he background background or when the screen is off? It drains the battery even in battery saving mode when you turn the screen upside down

Joni

Seems like a stranger helped me a bit. Someone shaved my Blissey allowing me to cash my 50 coins. But the gym is still red with just weak Pokemon on it that are higher in motivation but that were there before mine.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Accidentally hatched a 5 km egg, got a 10 km egg at 9.5 so if gotta be careful

screw that clearing out all my eggs for them event 2k eggs going to stay full on those using the new 1.5x faster incubators although yeah try and get double stardust off that 10k

GulAtiCa

I have 8 10k eggs at about 7.3km walked. And another 10k egg at 3.4km walked. Going to hatch them all tomorrow afternoon!

I'll have a fun 1+ drive tonight to get to my EX raid gym, lol. Looking forward to doing this Mewtwo raid.

Replicant

Are we sure that ALL eggs we'll get from Pokestop and Gyms will all be 2k eggs starting from tomorrow? Or will it still be randomized as usual? AKA the chances of you getting crappy 5k eggs are still high?

Are we sure that ALL eggs we'll get from Pokestop and Gyms will all be 2k eggs starting from tomorrow? Or will it still be randomized as usual? AKA the chances of you getting crappy 5k eggs are still high?
Egg rarity isn’t determined by tier. Per se anyway. Every hatchable Pokémon has its own individual rarity, and when you spin a stop the egg is given to you by those odds, and the tier it’s in just determines how it looks and how long it takes to hatch. So even if they were to leave 5km and 10km eggs in there will still be far more 2km eggs because there will be far more Pokémon marked as 2km, taking up a larger share of the pie, and thus less 5km and 10km eggs.

Replicant

Egg rarity isn’t determined by tier. Per se anyway. Every hatchable Pokémon has its own individual rarity, and when you spin a stop the egg is given to you by those odds, and the tier it’s in just determines how it looks and how long it takes to hatch. So even if they were to leave 5km and 10km eggs in there will still be far more 2km eggs because there will be far more Pokémon marked as 2km, taking up a larger share of the pie, and thus less 5km and 10km eggs.

Ah, I got it.

Although that means the chances of getting crap 2K eggs are still high as well. :(

Oh well.

GulAtiCa

Got my Mewtwo. 89%! But the attack sucks.. 12. I dumped 250 candies into him. Will wait for at least a 14 atk Mewtwo before leveling up

Shizza

Went to my first Mewtwo raid today. My mind was so focused on the raid that I was totally unproductive today, heh.

The gym was nearby so I was checking in on it throughout the day, and all day it was controlled by Instinct (I'm Mystic). So I went over about 30-40 mins early to try and take it down - must have completed about 30 or so battles myself and others were trying too, but Instinct was there with golden berries and they ended up keeping the gym.

When it got close to start time we split up into teams and got down to work. Inevitably a few people got there late and there was also a login problem for people using PTC to login instead of Google :(

I had watched the Mewtwo videos on YouTube the last couple days to be prepared for it. When the bonus round started I let Mewtwo do a few attack animations so I could see it in person. I threw my first ball at the right time and of course my phone starts buffering and the ball bounces off his face. No problem, I load up another golden raspberry and try again... and I caught him!!

Someone next to me was having trouble and asked me if I'd try catching theirs. I gave it a try and caught their Mewtwo on the first try, and I think that was even more exciting than catching it for myself.

I hung around for a while chatting with people that I've now seen pretty frequently from other raids. Eventually the PTC login worked for the people having issues and they plus the stragglers had enough people to do one more group.

I tried helping another person catch their Mewtwo, even had a couple excellent curve balls, but no luck :(

We all cleared out, and I went home to relax. Calculated my Mewtwo's IV, and it is an 82%. TM'd it to a better moveset, but no powering him up until I get more dust this weekend (used it all powering up Ttars for the raid - luckily we had the Mewtwo that didn't destroy Ttars).

Overall it was a pretty exciting experience.

So, I just finished a Mewtwo raid. The total number of people that showed up at this one Gym was possibly over 100. With this level of turnout, Niantic actually designed this surprisingly well.

I triumphed in the end, but I was almost close to failure. I showed up about 15 minutes late, and there were a handful of large groups that had already fought Mewtwo. I wasn't worried about missing out, since there were still tons of people who hadn't done it yet and were waiting. The problem was that I missed potential Instinct teammates. People there told me an Instinct group had fought it earlier. I'll tell you why this almost screwed me.

The remaining groups had no Instinct players, and the Gym was controlled by Mystic. This gave me disastrous results. Taking down Mewtwo was no problem at all, but these are my rewards after fighting him: 5 Revives, 3 Hyper Potions, and 10 Super Potions. Not a single Rare Candy, Golden Razz Berry, or TM.

However, the worst part was that I only had six balls to catch Mewtwo. Six balls. I almost didn't catch Mewtwo because of this. I literally caught Mewtwo on my last ball. Before that last ball, I hit him three times with Golden Razz curveballs (each time was Great) and missed him twice. I'm super grateful for the 6% catch rate.

The stats are above average on this Mewtwo. He has 2237 CP, and the IV calculator puts him at 14 HP, 12 ATK, 13 DEF (86.7%). Moves are Psycho Cut and Psychic. I am fine with this, and I'm tempted to just dump all of my Rare Candy into this one to relieve my bag space.

Was an awesome event. I chatted with a ton of people, and there were even a few people who videotaped the footage for Youtube. It almost didn't end well for me.

I was thinking, one way Niantic can make the gym scene more competitive is by allowing the trainer to be able to spin the Poke Stop in the gym for items from home if they have a Pokémon stationed at that gym.

I'm a level 25 player and while the rewards for leaving your Pokémon at a gym now is more minimum than before I like this format because if I see a level 30+ trainer with a Chansey at a gym I nope my way out of there and go back the next day to beat the weakened Chansey to take over. Said it before that I live in the country so a little feature of hitting the Poke Stop located in the gyms I have my Pokémon in would be a badass feature.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just finished a Mewtwo raid. The total number of people that showed up at this one Gym was possibly over 100. With this level of turnout, Niantic actually designed this surprisingly well.

I triumphed in the end, but I was almost close to failure. I showed up about 15 minutes late, and there were a handful of large groups that had already fought Mewtwo. I wasn't worried about missing out, since there were still tons of people who hadn't done it yet and were waiting. The problem was that I missed potential Instinct teammates. People there told me an Instinct group had fought it earlier. I'll tell you why this almost screwed me.

The remaining groups had no Instinct players, and the Gym was controlled by Mystic. This gave me disastrous results. Taking down Mewtwo was no problem at all, but these are my rewards after fighting him: 5 Revives, 3 Hyper Potions, and 10 Super Potions. Not a single Rare Candy, Golden Razz Berry, or TM.

However, the worst part was that I only had six balls to catch Mewtwo. Six balls. I almost didn't catch Mewtwo because of this. I literally caught Mewtwo on my last ball. Before that last ball, I hit him three times with Golden Razz curveballs (each time was Great) and missed him twice. I'm super grateful for the 6% catch rate.

The stats are above average on this Mewtwo. He has 2237 CP, and the IV calculator puts him at 14 HP, 12 ATK, 13 DEF (86.7%). Moves are Psycho Cut and Psychic. I am fine with this, and I'm tempted to just dump all of my Rare Candy into this one to relieve my bag space.

Was an awesome event. I chatted with a ton of people, and there were even a few people who videotaped the footage for Youtube. It almost didn't end well for me.

I hate being Instinct since they started the raid system. Every raid I do there are only 1-3 Instinct players and I get fuck all in terms of balls.

I hate being Instinct since they started the raid system. Every raid I do there are only 1-3 Instinct players and I get fuck all in terms of balls.

I highly advise you to get some Instinct players when you fight Mewtwo just to make it easy.

With other raids, it's been hit and miss. I was lucky to have played with a few heavily Instinct groups and even get some Instinct Gyms.

Instinct life is overall rough, so we just have to do the best we can. Super hardcore players will overcome any team disadvantage, but regular players will needlessly suffer. I'm glad that I have at least one of every Legendary.

I'm sorry to hear about t26 losing his Mewtwo.

GulAtiCa

The Mewtwo raid yesterday was fun. Took me a little over hour to get to the Mall. Ended up just eating in the car during the 40 minutes of slow traffic. Finally got there and meet up with everyone. The GPS drift there was pretty bad. Ended up catching it luckily. 89%, but it's Attack sucks. lol. I put 250 Rare Candies into him and will wait for a better attacker.

After that I drove back home (luckily no traffic so only took me 20 mins to go 18 miles). My fiancee finished hers and they went to a Raikou Raid afterwards and I met up with them there. Didn't catch it, but wasn't anything special.

Overall, was fun! But I am def going to stay away from that mall for these raids. lol

Just did my first raid today, after finding a Discord channel for my city. It was pretty fun to meet up with random people for Entei, and we did take him down (six players) but I didn't catch him. Meh.

I'm thinking of doing a Tyranitar raid just in case I don't find him in the event, but are all the raids so hard to catch? I might not want to waste a raid pass.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
My impression of the EX raid is pretty negative. It’s just a regular raid but extra inconvenient. I’m happy to answer questions if anyone has them but I think most things are known now.

As it is though I hope they can the idea. There’s nothing special or unique about it, just extra added steps to something that was honestly already pretty inconvenient to begin with.

If they want to keep the idea they need to find a way to actually make it special or rewarding

Just did my first raid today, after finding a Discord channel for my city. It was pretty fun to meet up with random people for Entei, and we did take him down (six players) but I didn't catch him. Meh.

I'm thinking of doing a Tyranitar raid just in case I don't find him in the event, but are all the raids so hard to catch? I might not want to waste a raid pass.
Tyranitar for me has be easy in raids to catch. Think I'm 3/3. Legendaries on the other hand I'm like 5/25

GulAtiCa

My 10k eggs are ready! 8 of the 10ks are at 9.4km and the last 10k egg is at 5ish km. Going to get them 1 step closer and then only walk further once it starts.

My general goal for this event is to reach 1 million stardust. At 210k right now. And during the last event, I was able to gain 400k in like 5 days, so certainly doable in little over a week.

Firemind

My impression of the EX raid is pretty negative. It’s just a regular raid but extra inconvenient. I’m happy to answer questions if anyone has them but I think most things are known now.

As it is though I hope they can the idea. There’s nothing special or unique about it, just extra added steps to something that was honestly already pretty inconvenient to begin with.

If they want to keep the idea they need to find a way to actually make it special or rewarding
I think the idea is they want people to show up at sponsored locations like Starbucks or McDonalds. So basically it's an extra revenue stream for them.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I think the idea is they want people to show up at sponsored locations like Starbucks or McDonalds. So basically it's an extra revenue stream for them.

That’s just awful then. The game had become so much about waiting for Ninantic to turn something on it’s awful, it’s not even really a game anymore, just waiting for Ninantic to spawn an event.

I feel like they aren’t even attempting to create good player experiences anymore. If their intention for EX raids is just to push people to sponsored locations then I hope they just abandon it outright

Can't believe the Philippines got him early! So happy that iOS 11 has screen recording now as I was able to document. Too bad it wasn't around for when I caught Susano-o (Perfect Lugia),

91% with 15 ATK. Hope we get a second wave soon!

DKVALu6UIAABvU9.jpg

I've take a long break from pogo; only started back up today for the event! When does that start?

Also what exactly are the qualifications for the Mewtwo invites? Raids, gym battles, or both?

Edit: first part answered! Lol

Top Bottom