• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Isn't it called the Battle Resort now? Is it equivalent or different to BF, or more like the Battle Tower? Wonder if it's on-cart DLC, shudder.

Also, Frontier Brain Battle theme is...interesting. Energy/tempo of HG/SS mix, but much more lush and filled with attack from different instruments. Still strings-heavy, however.

Isn't it called the Battle Resort now? Is it equivalent or different to BF, or more like the Battle Tower? Wonder if it's on-cart DLC, shudder.

Also, Frontier Brain Battle theme is...interesting. Energy/tempo of HG/SS mix, but much more lush and filled with attack from different instruments. Still strings-heavy, however.

Battle Resort is a copy and paste of X/Y's Battle Maison.

The Battle Resort is just a copy pasted Maison. No clue whether the BF will appear in a DLC or Patch or if there's going to be another full game release, but the game does call the feature out by name several times, which normally isn't the case when Gamefreak gets rid of something.

JoeM86

Kind of dumb. Really liked that effect, ah well.

Do you think you can confirm something? I heard that the Battle Frontier Brain theme plays when you fight the Chatelaines,have you heard that/and or checked yourself?

Haven't got that far yet. Maison stuff is usually the last thing on my to do list. I'm knackered and am going to couple hours of sleep shortly.

Ultimadrago

The Battle Resort sounds so, so good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5nvpMQyFN8

Love the resort vibe.

Yeah, I've always digged the idea of a Battle Resort where you can chill and Pokemon battle in the afternoons before heading for a back massage and drinks at the open bar.

Shit I daydream to.

The Battle Resort is just a copy pasted Maison.
Battle Resort is a copy and paste of X/Y's Battle Maison.

Oh goddammit.

wmlk

Yeah, I've always digged the idea of a Battle Resort where you can chill and Pokemon battle in the afternoons before heading for a back massage and drinks at the open bar.

Shit I daydream to.

Oh goddammit.

We're gonna have our VR Pokémon Sim one day. One day.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember seeing a pic of Anabel, a few days ago, that I think said she was the Maison.

Probably fake, but it'd be interesting if you battled some of the Frontier Brains there, pre-them becoming Brains.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Damn, just impulse bought the download version of Alpha Sapphire from the Japanese Amazon, downloading as I'm writing this.
Pokemon Ruby was the entry which make me stop playing Pokemon altogether back when it came out in Japanese (I didn't know Japanese), because I played it for a few hours, got bored because I didn't understand anything and when the English version came out, I didn't feel like going through those first few hours again.
I wonder if AS will be the entry that drags me back into the series.

Quick question - we know that new mega evolutions from ORAS don't work in XY. But is it possible to import all Pokemon from XY to ORAS?

You can't use your copy of White on a DS or 3DS?
Wait a minute DS to Wii?
Wouldn't that mean that you have pkmn from Gen DPPt/HGSS transfered to the Wii App Pokemon Box or something?

I said White isnt working in my DS or 3DS.
I transfered Pokemon Pearl pokemon to Battle Revolution.
I have pokemon from GBA to White because thats how long I have been moving pokemon through the Generations.

Damn, just impulse bought the download version of Alpha Sapphire from the Japanese Amazon, downloading as I'm writing this.
Pokemon Ruby was the entry which make me stop playing Pokemon altogether back when it came out in Japanese (I didn't know Japanese), because I played it for a few hours, got bored because I didn't understand anything and when the English version came out, I didn't feel like going through those first few hours again.
I wonder if AS will be the entry that drags me back into the series.

Quick question - we know that new mega evolutions from ORAS don't work in XY. But is it possible to import all Pokemon from XY to ORAS?

Yes, I traded a Gligar egg to AS from X right after the the PlayNavi unlocked.

So is the Battle Resort meant to be
the same island as the future-Battle Frontier?
I'd love nothing more than the chance to turf those chatelaine harlots out on their asses.

then Z or XY2

I don't think anyone should assume what game it would come in. Yeah Masuda said some stuff about DLC a year ago, but they might view something like the Battle Frontier differently. Also really his quote doesn't scream "We'll never do DLC."

In terms of DLC specifically, I don't know what shape DLC can take in the future. But at the moment I don't feel it's a safe enough mode - so to speak - appropriate for Pokémon.

There's no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X and Y. We've not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That's a key point for Game Freak.

Episode Delta was just to explain why Megas are here to stay though
just make it about how Hoopa is responsible for the alternate Dimension stuff(you know he is)

Episode Delta was to give Rayquaza some story in the game since they couldn't just do it like Emerald. It even has Delta in the damn name.

Battle Frontier believers are getting worse than Ridley believers.

tumblr_n1qdnzJoHv1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Battle Frontier might actually happen in a future game though
Ridley though NEVER EVER

You see, that's the problem. Both will never ever happen again, and I'll gladly eat crow if any of them appear in the future, no problem. If the BF would happen, this would be the time. It didn't.

Joqu

You see, that's the problem. Both will never ever happen again, and I'll gladly eat crow if any of them appear in the future, no problem. If the BF would happen, this would be the time. It didn't.

This would make more sense if they ignored the existence of the BF in these games but they didn't. Poor Murkrow :(

Top Bottom