• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

GamerSoul

fuuuuuck, I didn't want to buy this so soon but it looks so good. And Mega Pidgeot is just the icing on the sweet cake. damn these bills. :<

Regiruler

How would people react if "Delta Emerald" was an entirely competitive focused game?

Basically, no adventure portion. Instead, it basically works like a portable Pokemon Stadium, but featuring all the Battle Frontier features, some move tutors, etc.

$12. A lot of assets are already there, and it's honestly not that much work.

So I've been playing Pokemon for years but I haven't been keeping up with the meta in competitive play and wanted to ask a team building question. For making teams, Is it best to have multiple Pokemon that are capable of mega-evolving or only just one? For example, If I wanted to have a Blaziken, Steelix, and Sableye on my team, would it be best for me to have them all hold their respective mega-evolution stone, or just choose one that should be the mega evolution and only have them hold their mega-evolution stone? Just wondering how I should build my team and wanting to get experience from other players!

In 6v6 you never want to bring two Mega's. It means one Pokemon will have a useless item.

But if you do battle spot singles, you only get to bring 3 out of 6 Pokemon. So it's alright to have a couple Megas at your disposal to choose from based on team match up.

kyo2004

... Hype increases every second... ORAS it's finally here... :D

Sadly, for me, it's another 4-10 days of waiting (international shipping to Bogota, Colombia is so slow... Even with fast couriers)...

yami4ct

So I've been playing Pokemon for years but I haven't been keeping up with the meta in competitive play and wanted to ask a team building question. For making teams, Is it best to have multiple Pokemon that are capable of mega-evolving or only just one? For example, If I wanted to have a Blaziken, Steelix, and Sableye on my team, would it be best for me to have them all hold their respective mega-evolution stone, or just choose one that should be the mega evolution and only have them hold their mega-evolution stone? Just wondering how I should build my team and wanting to get experience from other players!

It depends on what "meta" you're talking about. As has been said, if you're playing 6v6 you don't want two. You'd be forgoing the awesome effects of another item for a little bit of flexibility. In the battle spot singles where you pick 4 from 6, than having 2 megas can be a strategy and a way to catch your opponent off guard.

If you're interested in an "official" competitive meta, though, you'll have to go doubles. I've switched to playing doubles on Battle Spot recently thinking I might go to a tournament one day and am really enjoying it. I like the strategic options it opens up. As with Battle Spot singles, the VGC meta is a pick 4 from 6 so multiple megas can be a strategy there.

...I'm gonna use the experience share. I used it for X and liked it.

The main game is pretty boring to me with or without XP Share, so I just turn it on anyway. I'd much rather rush through the main game and get started on collecting pokemon to fill my dex and breeding competitive teams. That's the reason I'm playing these days.

-Horizon-

The main game is pretty boring to me with or without XP Share, so I just turn it on anyway. I'd much rather rush through the main game and get started on collecting pokemon to fill my dex and breeding competitive teams. That's the reason I'm playing these days.

I know how glad I was to just burn through X just so that I could start filling out my pokedex.

Dang forgot all about my Electabuzz and Magmar I was going to evolve this week. Oh well, looks like I will have two OP as bawls pokemon on my game tomorrow lol.

I fucking love how [Delta Spoilers] the
meteor hurtling towards Hoenn just transitions (somehow?) from this new X/Y OR/AS universe to the original universe. Fuck you, OG Hoenn -- if we don't get our Battle Frontier here, you can henceforth enjoy the smoldering wreckage of the one you now USED to have.

Seriously though, that is the most monumentally
dickish move in the history of the franchise.
I love it.

Adrian121

Just played around with Pokemon Contests for a bit. I totally forgot how fun they could be. Cosplay Pikachu was a pretty cool addition for contests, too!

I think Im going to save contests as a thing to do after I beat the main game.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm salivating

yo what's faster when downloading, in standby or right away?

I don't know the answer, but standby has always "felt" faster, to me.

Regardless, I'll be doing right away so I know when it's done or if it errors.

EDIT: It's up on the eShop.

ohlawd

I don't know the answer, but standby has always "felt" faster, to me.

Regardless, I'll be doing right away so I know when it's done or if it errors.

yeh that's what I thought too

and downloading~

HURRY PLSSSSS

EVERYONE, back the fuck up. I'm downloading this shit first.

Vena

So... where can I find my Raltz since Pokemon still doesn't let me start with him instead of pokemon I don't want? :D

Or better question, would anyone be willing to trade around with me one my IV perfect Raltz later tomorrow? At what point do trades enable in ORAS? :p

Cse

Banned
Hopefully ORAS makes the player work for most of the legendary Pokemon.

Catching Zygarde and Mewtwo in XY was a joke.

Anyway, what would be the best way to transfer a few Pokemon from XY to a copy of ORAS? Wonder trade? Pokemon Bank?

Oh man

I'll finally be reunited with my first anime crush

May_posing.png

Anyway, what would be the best way to transfer a few Pokemon from XY to a copy of ORAS? Wonder trade? Pokemon Bank?

Zygarde and Mewtwo were your typical legendary mons. Nothing really different.

Zygarde and Mewtwo have the lowest possible capture rate. No Pokemon are going to be harder to catch than those because those are already as hard as you're going to get.

PBalfredo

I preordered ORAS earlier today from nintendo.com/games and I still haven't gotten an email with my download code.

I fucked up, didn't I.

Caladrius

The words of someone who has never reset for IVs and Nature.

Or used Wonder Trade, apparently. You trade to a random person online. No getting it back after that.

You either have to trade with yourself or use bank. (You have to trade directly if you want to keep any items though).

Downloading...after cleaning up space on my SD card. I knew I should have gotten another one. I'll do that tomorrow and transfer everything over later.

Top Bottom