• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPS

Region looking tiny makes me suspect we gotta go to Kalos post-game.

I think the region has something to do with Hoenn. The tropical water world themes match, the professor does look like a relative of Birch and the new title theme samples the RSE one.

We're going to get Hoenn rema- no wait that happened already.

Aww, the hair on Littens hair stands up when it attacks.

Yeah, I like all three starters.

I need some artwork from the Moon legendary.

And the map itself looks a bit small imo, maybe there are other islands you can visit as well.

Like how they've made her tanned, means the kid won't look like they're adopted whatever race you go for

This is what the mom (somewhat) looks like in XY:

Grace_anime.png

You can make your PC pretty dark but then again you never see your father either.

Joqu

Do the cover legends especially not look like Sugimori's work to anyone else? I know he doesn't do all the designs these days, but I mean stuff like the shading. I know the images are small but it looks pretty flat for his work

Litten it is. I fucking love cats and fire starters. The owl grew on me too, and the evolution might end up being pretty great. The water one is horrible though.

Popplio looks the most interesting, but I wanted to transfer over a Froakie since I never use it in XY...

decisions, decisions

Then again, the Froakie I have has Protean, so It technically won't be a Water type most of the time.

Diffense

I wonder if the protagonist moved from Kalos to Alola. That bit of dialogue in the trailer says "Welcome to Alola cousin", implying that the character wasn't born there.
There might be a link between regions becuase of that strange item from XY that looks like a kind of statue/totem.

Anyway, I never choose the fire starter (and still won't) but litten was my fave at first viewing. The others have grown on me though.

L.O.R.D

am i the only one can see massive frame drop when the professor release the Pokemon 0:28 and when the legendary moon Pokemon is about to attack 1:26?
i understand if the frame drop when 3D is on,but...WTF!

Galang

Banned
Glad there's no more dumb looking chibi designs. That makes all the difference. Also yay for darker skin, so stupid it wasn't in X/Y. Many steps in the right direction so far

WPS

it still says in the game "super effective"

Only in RBY, where they messed up the messages. If one type resists and the other is weak in 1st gen, it ends up saying either super effective or not very effective when really its neutral.

I think I'm going to have to run with Owlet.

am i the only one can see massive frame drop when the professor release the Pokemon 0:28 and when the legendary moon Pokemon is about to attack 1:26?
i understand if the frame drop when 3D is on,but...WTF!

The second one is a frame dip, the first is just a microstutter as the game loads in those three models.

ryan13ts

I like all the starters

Rowlet is my main, no question. Been hoping for a grass owl since those Cactowl B2/W2 fakes. Your spirit will live on through Rowlet my brave Cactowl ^-^

Litten is adorable and the guy I'm dating will absolutely love this thing

Popplio I can see being the underdog starter this gen already. I think it's the somewhat derpy face that's offputting but I bet this thing will probably have the coolest final form ironically.

The only thing a little disappointing to me is the region itself. We just came from an island/tropic region in the Hoenn remakes so I was hoping for a drastically different region this time, somewhere snowy and remote preferably. Guess it'll have to wait to next gen. I do REALLY like what I'm assuming to be the rival's design, very unique compared to past rivals.

Over all, I'm very happy. Can't wait to see more Pokemon over the coming months in Corocoro leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom