• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon 151 - Japanese T-shirts for the adult fan

terithegreat

Neo Member
Dammit. I was definitely in the process of PMing cvxfreak before I realized how old this thread it :( Those shirts look really cool. Does anyone remember how much they sold for?

imail

Neo Member
I demand these shirts now. I would totally buy a
Nerdy
or as people here would call it (Gamer) shirt if doesn't look like one for non-gamers.

Me wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaant.

Hylian7

Those are awesome! I would definitely like to see more. Even though it's doubtful, I would like to see some that make a joke about "Mew is under the truck" or Missingno.

theluma

Hey look folks.

If you go on the designer's website ( http://www.polygraph.jp ) it turns out they made a few more as well!

pokemon_golone1.gif
pokemon_golone2.gif
pokemon_golone4.gif

pokemon_mew1.gif
pokemon_mew2.gif
pokemon_mew3.gif
pokemon_mew4.gif

pokemon_monjara1.gif
pokemon_monjara2.gif
pokemon_monjara3.gif
pokemon_monjara4.gif

The Tangela one is just too much. I implore someone to tell me a way of importing these! :lol

seriously though, I need them

BTW these are the guys that did the equally awesome SotC T-shirts...such as this one

wander_agro.gif
wander_agro2.gif

OH FUCKING HELL, I want these shirts to be my new reg wear (all besides Mew2 . . . looks balls-sucking-good but the crown thing isn't good for gang areas).

Michan

I'm getting really tired of old threads being bumped by juniors.

I was expecting new designs or something; not some random guy saying they look neat.

usea

Michan said:
Me too, though it's caused mainly by 3 factors.

1) They have the posts sorted in the wrong order, and think a thread is new. Doesn't happen that often, but it happens.
2) They want to say something, and none of the current threads match the topic. They cannot make a new thread so they bump an old one.
2) They want to say something, and look for an old thread about the topic. They are used to some other forum culture where it's better to bump an old topic than make a new topic. There are a shitload of forums that prefer that retarded behavior.

neogaf is news-oriented, based around a constantly changing and broad topic. So bumping topics makes absolutely no sense at all. On a forum that is dedicated to like, high level knowledge of competitive Mortal Kombat or something, making new threads is stupid when you could probably find all the relevant discussion in an old thread. Plus the traffic will be lower, so most people there would probably recognize the thread title and immediately know it was bumped.

As for these shirts, I'm sorry but none of them are wearable in public :( only around certain friends. They aren't vague enough, and the style is not mature enough. Although I usually just wear a solid color, or sometimes just an interesting, abstract design.

topofuji

Banned
It would be interesting if they implemented these designs into a full 3D game, dark and more mature themed (no, Pokemon XD Gale of "Dark"ness is not an excuse Nintendo)

louis89

I'd want to buy the Tangela one if it didn't have Pokémon written on it. If you didn't know any better, it just looks like cool some looking random thing. A gaming t-shirt's no good if it's obvious what it is to the average person, who would think you're a loser for playing games.

Especially Pokémon...

Michan said:

I was expecting new designs or something; not some random guy saying they look neat.

Yes, I'm sure having this thread here just ruined your whole day.

I'm glad he reminded me of the existence of these t-shirts, even if I'll never have one. I got to see new designs! The graveler one rules especially.

theluma

HappyBivouac said:
Yes, I'm sure having this thread here just ruined your whole day.

I'm glad he reminded me of the existence of these t-shirts, even if I'll never have one. I got to see new designs! The graveler one rules especially.

Thank you! And for the record, I bumped this thread because I wanted to know what had happened to the site, not because I just found out about them and searched GAF O__0

Honestly some of you people, you'd think you were gods or something. For all the effort it takes to click on a thread and scroll down... Plus, it is genuinely new info to the thread as far as I can see.

And you can hardly complain about me "wasting a precious 7 seconds of your life" because let me tell you, if you are posting on GAF then you probably aren't short on time. Just because we are Junior members it doesn't mean we're idiots, completely new to forums. Quite the opposite in fact, seeing as GAF is considered the "ultimate gaming forum" or whatever, AND that it's a complete bitch to get in.

I'll probably get banned for this as well...

me Jojo

Michan said:

The graveler and such seem pretty new to me.
Again, I'd do anything for a Haunter. :D

Anth0ny

I'd definitely buy one of them. They honestly don't look that nerdy, I bet most people at a party would think it's a cool design rather than a Pokemon :lol

I do think it's funny how a bunch of pokemon fans are heralding this like "This is our chance to not look like nerds!! I can go to parties and stuff and be cool!!"

Heck if I had an old classic pokemon t-shirt with like a picture of charizard and the pokemon logo I'm sure I could pull it off with a pair of jeans and not worry about looking nerdy. People aren't going to think you're a horrible person because you're wearing a pokemon shirt, and it won't make you "uncool." Half of people might think I'm wearing it ironically or some shit but I don't care. Haha.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
HappyBivouac said:
I do think it's funny how a bunch of pokemon fans are heralding this like "This is our chance to not look like nerds!! I can go to parties and stuff and be cool!!"

Heck if I had an old classic pokemon t-shirt with like a picture of charizard and the pokemon logo I'm sure I could pull it off with a pair of jeans and not worry about looking nerdy. People aren't going to think you're a horrible person because you're wearing a pokemon shirt, and it won't make you "uncool." Half of people might think I'm wearing it ironically or some shit but I don't care. Haha.
Truf. I had a vintage super mario 3 shirt that rocked everyone's socks. It died last year when my washer committed mutiny. :(

theluma

HappyBivouac said:

Yeah. Not so much here but on the other sites most people are saying they would wear them if they didn't say Pokemon 151 on the back. Which is kinda dumb, since it's part of the design.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS SINCE THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OUTSIDE OF GOING TO A JAPANESE POKEMON CENTER.

sob....fix it nintendo...

fernoca

theluma said:
I'll probably get banned for this as well...
Nah, you won't..calling on juniors is more bannable offense, so if anything..he would get banned for accusing juniors on bumping threads.

Some forget that we all were juniors at some point and heck some old-ass members are still juniors.. :p

semiregular

Neo Member
HappyBivouac said:

This is so true. People look like nerds will look like nerds with or without pokemon shirts.

louis89

HappyBivouac said:

6y17w1.jpg

IMO

Top Bottom