• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 confirmed for Nintendo DS

Emitan

y'all are as guilty as fuck as well when you said "dead platform". i know who you are there's post history now.

ign doesn't articles it just summarises opinions and turns them into features or reviews it thinks would respond best with everyone else. you made this happen.

YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN

But I knee jerk about everything. I don't write a freaking article about it because I know I'm being selfish and irrational.

Foffy

Banned
.. Shrunken down? Doesn't the 3DS scale DS games up?

Oh IGN. I think they're doing this because the main entry Nintendo wants for the 3DS is an all new generation, not what may be a mix-and-match of recycled Black/White content.

Suairyu

Banned
It doesn't count if it doesn't happen when I say it should! It just doesn't! *stomps foot angrily*

/pachter
to be honest andrex we're missing a trick here.

we at team ds get it right every single time due to our superior IVs genetics and just post about it on message boards for free whereas pachter gets it wrong yet gets paid lots and lots of money.

Thoraxes

Hmm, decisions:

Sell it to an install base of over 130 million and guarantee yourself to sell at least 10 million copies.

Sell it to an install base of around 16 million and see what happens.

I don't doubt the power of the game to push the 3DS sales, but obviously this game was probably quickly made, and used to just make some pure profit, not sell a system. When a 3DS Pokemon happens, there is no doubt that it will sell loads and loads. I seriously doubt making this a DS game will undermine the 3DS. I think Richard is completely misunderstanding the reason why this game is being made in the first place.

Mush

Are we even ready for a new Gen yet? The thought seems crazy to me given the "new" Gen has hardly been out a year. They've still yet to make any (insert spinoff here) games!*

*That I know of; Dynasty Monsters does not count.

J@hranimo

Banned
or just give kyurem the god stone..or zekrom/reshirams stone

Everyone, looks like we have our premise for how Black/White Kyurem come to be.

Unless there's some other plot twist they will add into it. Now I REALLY can't wait until the game comes out!

backlot

Screen size: same

Resolution: bigger, but not by an even ratio

Result: blurry games

Another option: resolution-accurate games in a smaller window

Next reply to this post: it's not that bad I don't see what you're complaining aboot

Screen size is about the same as a DS lite but it is smaller than a DSi or XL. I don't have any problems with it though. Haven't touched my DSi since I got a 3DS.

Gravijah

ds games look noticeably worse on the 3ds. can't really argue that. it bothering you or not is a different issue.

personally, it's something i can get used to.

Nintendo could publish a Pokemon game for the TI-83 and it would sell like hotcakes. This wasn't a missed opportunity. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this game as a continuation game, so that they can re-use assets and buy them some time to justify a 3DS Grey version.

Whether they would do that or not is up in the air, but a Pokemon game is a Pokemon game, regardless.

Since I have a great grip for my 3DS, I don't think I can go back to my DS Lite. :( Damn it Nintendo, give us more DS emulation options! >:| Where the hell is homebrew? Surely someone can modify the emulator and throw some good filters up in that bitch. FFS, there isn't even an option to toggle the upscale, and the 3DS has been out for almost a year!

Gravijah

Since I have a great grip for my 3DS, I don't think I can go back to my DS Lite. :( Damn it Nintendo, give us more DS emulation options! >:| Where the hell is homebrew? Surely someone can modify the emulator and throw some good filters up in that bitch.

has there been ANY progress on 3DS homebrew?

Since I have a great grip for my 3DS, I don't think I can go back to my DS Lite. :( Damn it Nintendo, give us more DS emulation options! >:| Where the hell is homebrew? Surely someone can modify the emulator and throw some good filters up in that bitch. FFS, there isn't even an option to toggle the upscale, and the 3DS has been out for almost a year!

You mean between different types of upscaling algorithms or whether to upscale or not? Because holding Start+Select starts up DS games at normal resolution...although because the 3DS has a higher pixel density it ends up physically being smaller but they look super sharp. Like GBA games on the Micro

You mean between different types of upscaling algorithms or whether to upscale or not? Because holding Start+Select starts up DS games at normal resolution...although because the 3DS has a higher pixel density it ends up physically being smaller but they look super sharp. Like GBA games on the Micro
The latter. I already know about the select button method. The fact that there isn't an option in the OS is mind boggling.

If consumers didn't notice the word "version" in every Pokemon title released so far I doubt they'll start noticing now.
While version on its own if extra info that is easily ignored version 2 conveys a rather different meaning. Then again Black 2 version just sounds badly translated.

They should have just gone with Pokemon scarlet or whatever other colours they have trademarked

MarkusRJR

Ugh I literally just realized it's going to DS and not 3DS.

So butthurt.

I tried playing Pokemon Black on my 3DS the other day, and it looks like complete ass. I kind of want to pick up a DSi XL (I keep on hearing how awesome it is), but I already have an old DSi. After playing Vita for the past week, the screens on my old DSi are so microscopic that it's hard to go back to them.

Anth0ny

Ugh I literally just realized it's going to DS and not 3DS.

So butthurt.

I tried playing Pokemon Black on my 3DS the other day, and it looks like complete ass. I kind of want to pick up a DSi XL (I keep on hearing how awesome it is), but I already have an old DSi. After playing Vita for the past week, the screens on my old DSi are so microscopic that it's hard to go back to them.

XL XL XL

Best screen ever. I'll be playing White 2 on it, and loving every moment.

I've only played White on 3DS, so it makes no odds to me.

I may not agree with the decision to put it on DS, but I can see why it's being done; that IGN article is a ludicrous kneejerk. They're plainly speeding through the generation quicker this time; I predict 6th Gen Pokemon on 3DS for 2013.

udivision

We wouldn't want fusions, anyway. The complaining about "looks like a Digimon design" would reach new, intolerable levels.

Pokemon, Poketto Monsters, Pokemon are the Champions.
Chaaaaaaaaange into Poketto Monsters,
Tooooooooooooo save and defend the WORLD.

isny

napkin dispenser
Bump. Some possible news via Japan. Andriasang is reporting a possible June 23rd release date for Japan. Take it with a grain of salt though, but it would make sense for it to be released mid summer, as that would give NOA lots of time to localize it for North America in time for the holidays. (Although, in the recent past, haven't Pokemon games been released pretty much simultaneously worldwide?)

http://andriasang.com/con0kk/pokemon_date/

btkadams

Bump. Some possible news via Japan. Andriasang is reporting a possible June 23rd release date for Japan. Take it with a grain of salt though, but it would make sense for it to be released mid summer, as that would give NOA lots of time to localize it for North America in time for the holidays. (Although, in the recent past, haven't Pokemon games been released pretty much simultaneously worldwide?)

http://andriasang.com/con0kk/pokemon_date/

uhhh, it's always like 6 months and it is a complete joke. this one could be different though since it won't be a new generation of pokemon. i'm pretty sure the delay is traditionally because of the time delay for the anime airing in japan vs eu/na, isn't it?

@MUWANdo

Banned

First off, you can run at the original res, if that's what you mean by "toggle the upscale", you just gotta hold start and/or select while booting. Secondly, it's not emulating DS/DSiWare games, it's running them natively via DSi mode, so the number of tweaks they can feasibly make are extremely limited.

Top Bottom