• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black and White is region free! (maybe there's hope for 3DS after all!)

Izayoi

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
I hope all Atlus US titles to Be Region-free......please .....
Atlus is typically pretty good to their fans. I wouldn't bet against it, unless Nintendo forces developers to region-lock, which would be awfully shitty of them, I think.

Samb

Neo Member
Forkball said:
The 3DS being region locked is the sole reason I'm not getting it day one. I can't believe Nintendo would make such a decision after the DS.
Yeah, agreed. As an Australian, I was planning to buy a console locally and import the games. So much for that.

Izayoi

Banned
Samb said:
Yeah, agreed. As an Australian, I was planning to buy a console locally and import the games. So much for that.
So... import a console and import your games.

Somebody did the math in an older thread and it's more cost effective anyway, IIRC.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
BTW. is Pokémon nintendos first DSi enhanced game or are there others ? And if so are they region free too on DSi/3DS ?

They already said that nintendogs streetpass mode would work between different regions, so I guess it'll be region free too.

Samb

Neo Member
Izayoi said:
So... import a console and import your games.

Somebody did the math in an older thread and it's more cost effective anyway, IIRC.
Yeah, I might end up doing that actually. I wanted to get the console locally for the warranty, but the price difference is so huge that it's probably justifiable to just import everything.

cw_sasuke said:
BTW. is Pokémon nintendos first DSi enhanced game or are there others ? And if so are they region free too on DSi/3DS ?
The answer is in the first page. Its yes there are other 1st party DSi enhanced games and no they're region locked (at least on DSi).

Also worth noting Japanese version of Pokemon BW is region locked...

Pezking

Has anyone tried playing the US version on an european DSi?

I hate the cases for european DS-games and would rather import it...

Top Bottom