• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go beta ends, releasing soon™ + impressions

wwm0nkey

So the field testing in JP/AU/US just shut down today, beta testers were greeted with this image:
FlDADr8.jpg

As it turns out, Soon might actually be soon. We know the game is hitting this month but Nantic's last game Ingress ended their beta the day before the launch of the full game, that's not to say it will hit tomorrow but we might be getting it well before the end of the month.

Kotaku had a really nice piece about their experience with field testing:
rkuendjv8ik7t5glkwkc.gif

Exploration has always been at the heart of the Pokémon series. A young person strikes out on a monster-collecting adventure, learning about the world around them along the way. My brief time with Pokémon Go felt like that, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

I may not be a young person anymore, but I still have plenty to learn about not only the world around me, but the town I’ve called home for the past decade.

Upon starting up Niantic’s GPS-powered, augmented reality, real world adventure and choosing my starter Pokémon from the original triad of Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander, my generic boy avatar popped up on a map of the area surrounding my home. The beta testing terms prevent me from sharing my own screens of the game, but the official screens provided by Nintendo get the basic idea across.

You can read the rest here

Top Bottom