• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police shoot and kill young man in vehicle, cop insists he attempted to ram officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're both money making ventures, and use of camera's aren't exactly some perfect system, hence the stories you can read of a bunch of refunded tickets and such.

undrtakr900

Why the fuck at they wasting time/resources to bust some low level user, when they should be going after the distributors. You know the people that's doing all the smuggling, killing, bribing, blackmailing, intimidating witnesses etc.

Another sad ending for a pointless sting operation, which resulted in a dead body and $500 fine for marijuana.

It's more than that. Ideally, the point of these speed checkpoints is to improve the safety of roads by forcing cars to slow down. This isn't really the case with a lot of cameras and traps where they specifically try to hide their presence from drivers because police aren't trying to slow people down, they're trying to hand out a bunch of tickets because that's how departments fund their budgets. It's a systemic problem with how law enforcement is funded where their their operation is dependent on taking money people breaking the law which leads to shit like speed camera traps, suing people's money, excessive focus on parking violations, probation fees, etc.

The only way that makes sense is if cops were always stationed at busy intersections to direct and control traffic. There's no practical way to implement a system like that.

Cop departments generating revenue from speeding tickets is actually a good thing because it incentivizes the police department to enforce the law. They already don't ticket people for doing 5 -10 over the limit. Imagine how little fucks they'd give, if they didn't get money from handing out the bigger tickets too.

Why the fuck at they wasting time/resources to bust some low level user, when they should be going after the distributors. You know the people that's doing all the smuggling, killing, bribing, blackmailing, intimidating witnesses etc.

Another sad ending for a pointless sting operation, which resulted in a dead body and $500 fine for marijuana.
See what they do is they assign some officers to go after low level users, and then send others after smugglers, and then a few more after drug dealers. It's not like they can only handle one type of crime at a time.

Plus you probably don't want to be sending rookie and newer cops after gangsters. Busting the minor criminals are a great way for them to build up experience in the system.

If your biggest concern when it comes to this case is being the US cop defence force, you'll be doing them a favor. Note: my stepfather and brother-in-law are both good cops in a much more sane organization (read: non-US cops).

I am usually in the "wait for the video" pseudo-defense force as I have worked within a police department for several years in a previous job. That said, this officer belongs in jail, or at the very, very least, fired. :(

We should never be paying cops to sit in their cars at speed traps when Cameras can enact the exact same function..

Yep. Should be involved in few, if any, minor traffic violations.

Pathetic situation. And shows again how easy the urge to lie about a situation comes from some of these officers when they kill.

undrtakr900

See what they do is they assign some officers to go after low level users, and then send others after smugglers, and then a few more after drug dealers. It's not like they can only handle one type of crime at a time.
But the problem with that system is they unfairly target low income people(specifically minorities) with drug charges. You never hear of the police doing petty drug stings on anyone who's rich and/or famous.

Furthermore, I dont see what's the point of going after a user who wants to smoke pot. Alcohol/cigarettes have been proven to be much more dangerous/deadly than weed, but marijuana is the only one that's illegal.

Watching the videos... straight up murder. Fucking hell.
Link to the video?

We should never be paying cops to sit in their cars at speed traps when Cameras can enact the exact same function..

To be fair, speed cameras are bullshit and are typically implemented as a money making scheme both by the city that buys them and the company that provides that "service". They even frequently fuck with the length of yellow lights (they last shorter) to "catch" more people "running the light" and slap them with a ticket. People eventually catch on to that and end up slamming the brakes at the first sign of a yellow, ironically causing more accidents.

But at the end of the day, I'd still rather have speed cameras if it meant less crooked cops fucking murdering teenagers on the streets. The worst a speed camera can do is give you a bogus ticket, not shoot you dead.

roknin

I mean, what do I even have to add at this point?

Yet another incident - WITH VIDEO - where there will be no punishment, the victim will be demonized, and round and round we go.

And the "AllLivesMatter" fuckboys and fuckgirls of the internet are nowhere to be seen.

Shocking.

Of course not. Because "AllLives" only really matter when it disrupts their day dream that everything is hunky-dory.

Anyone shouting "AllLivesMatter" didn't get the point to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom