• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: How Trump’s campaign staffers tried to keep him off Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

I dunno, i feel like reassuring him that he's doing good so he doesn't do dumb shit on twitter feels wrong to me.

I'd rather have him go apeshit so he can be criticized from all sides, even those who support him

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This explains why he had that rally in Florida. He constantly needs his ego stroked, desperately needs to be loved and adored. He's like the anti-Goku, instead of a spirit bomb filled with hope and love, his spirit bomb is filled anger, hate, and fear.

He could also use the rally as an excuse for blowing millions to visit Mar-a-lago for the third weekend in a row...

If Trump is so concerned with the coverage he gets, particularly from the NYTimes, I wonder if he'll eventually pivot his agenda to seek their approval.

rjinaz

Not familiar with this image so I had to Google it.

Well, shit...

It's a really good comparison and exactly what I was thinking of, that picture.

Basically the kid does very bad things when he gets upset so the adults spend their time trying to do whatever they can and whatever he wants to keep him happy at all times.

It amazes me how we continue to underestimate just how childish Trump is. Every time we think we've hit rock bottom, another story comes out and tells us that he's even dumber then we thought.

I cannot even imagine how bad this is going to get, considering this is already the absolute worst.

rjinaz

Figuratively.

Eh guess that depends on how you look at it. His behavior is that of a child's. Behavior is a real mental condition. So you could say he literally behaves like a child.

Though obviously literally he is not a child. So I guess it depends on what was meant though I think the intent was obvious.

Spladam

TigoIHl.jpg

The White House probably looks something like this

Ehffing nailed it.

At this point, I would not be surprised if we learn that the president accidentally electrocuted himself by sticking a fork into an electrical outlet. They would have tried to stop him, but he's like some stupid animal, you can't tell him no,

WedgeX

Banned
It's funny how much they say conservative outlets are important when we know the guy watches CNN more than any other network and favors reading the New York Times.

The man is a paradox in the weirdest, saddest way.

It makes sense in a way. Watch the actual news outlets which disrupt his world view but are prestigious because they are...real. But take in all the fluff and fake news telling him that he does a good job. Which matters less, actually, because he knows not everyone trusts them. However he is far too invested in his own ego to address the criticism that the actual news presents him with and instead wants it to bend to his will. There's some good behavioral economics in there.

mnannola

They just keep on giving SNL material. SNL doesn't even need to add anything, doing this exactly as it's written would be absolutely hilarious.

Monocle

What a manbaby.

"Whoooooooo's a good President? Is it you? Is it yooooou? Are you the bestest President ever? Yes you are!"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It makes sense in a way. Watch the actual news outlets which disrupt his world view but are prestigious because they are...real. But take in all the fluff and fake news telling him that he does a good job. Which matters less, actually, because he knows not everyone trusts them. However he is far too invested in his own ego to address the criticism that the actual news presents him with and instead wants it to bend to his will. There's some good behavioral economics in there.

Yep, its Narcissism 101. Everything he does and has ever done follows every trait, symptom, and sign of the disorder with utmost precision. It's unreal.

lol Donald is beta as fuck

Staff members had one advantage as they aimed to manage candidate Trump's media diet: He rarely reads anything online, instead preferring print newspapers — especially his go-to, The New York Times — and reading material his staff brought to his desk.

Failing

Part of the current problem is Trump is still adjusting to his new circumstances and has plenty of time to stew over negative reviews as he spends time alone in the evenings and early mornings as his wife, Melania Trump, continues living in New York while his youngest son, Barron, finishes the school year.

Edit: Lord there isn't a paragraph in that article that doesn't elicit a "Man that's pathetic"

Tugatrix

The key to keeping Trump's Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump's desk.

what in the f....? he requires daily massages to the ego and that should tell people how this situation is crazy

Prax

The only way to "stop" such a man is to put him in jail. That's the only language he understands. Bad boys go get locked in corner to pout.

Otherwise he can be manipulated with pettings and cooings and pretending to be his BFF.

The only way to "stop" such a man is to put him in jail. That's the only language he understands. Bad boys go get locked in corner to pout.

Otherwise he can be manipulated with pettings and cooings and pretending to be his BFF.

I'm surprised they haven't pushed things using his ego. That new Dam you want to build might get more attention if you name it the Donald Trump Dam.

Or let him put his name on doing a Moon or Mars mission. I'd be down for it, and he'd like the attention, even if we're stuck travelling the moon in the USS Trump.

RuGalz

Someone should send him the article so he can call it fake news and subconsciously start to dislike staff for treating him like a child.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wonder if they have levels of severity when it comes to his tweets?

I imagine something like that "The media is the enemy of the people" remark is the equivalent of "He set the fucking couch on fire!"

GAF trumpers don't even bother defending him anymore. They just change the subject and argue about how something something is worse.

That essay last night about the Tourbus was astonishing. But that's exactly what I imagined tbh.
That happens everywhere.

On a Facebook group for my Uni, whenever someone posts a meme, news or image making fun of Trump, a couple of shills will pop up and go off about how Hillary would have been worse... they don't even explain how, they just say that. It takes one call out on that attitude and they don't come back after that. Bunch of cowards.

I'm getting worried that he's finally learning his lesson. He hasn't said anything particularly stupid on there since the Sweden thing.

If his image normalizes then we're in for trouble. His approval rating is actually back up to 42% somehow after dropping to 38%.

Monocle

He is beyond embarrassing. A literal man child with tiny hands hovering over a button to launch nukes.
Luckily his hand strength is far too low to press any kind of button.

He is also foiled by twist doorknobs and the caps on all kinds of beverages and foodstuffs.

Rumor has it he can't operate a capacitive touchscreen without using both palms.

DJ_Lae

That's an insult to children.

I know actual children with a more matured emotional pallet than our fucking president.

My 4 and 6 year olds are more mature than Trump.

It's the two year old who shares most in common with him in terms of being self-centered and pushy. But at least she has an excuse - she's actually a toddler.

drspeedy

That one Treehouse of Horror segment where Bart has psychic powers and forces everyone to be happy is based on this episode.

iu

"...I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face, and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own Butt."

-Mike Szyslak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom