• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Tillerson blows up at top White House aide

Jedi2016

The crazy thing is that, despite my early apprehension, Tillerson seems to be the only one in the administration that actually takes his job seriously.

I hadn't heard of this DeStefano guy before, and the issues he's causing are very interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d1a0973e7b2_story.html?utm_term=.eb8716edf69b

The lack of staff under Donald isn't because no one's being suggested. I wonder if it's pure obstruction or these people being blocked are seriously not good enough. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter to some extent based on the statements of some of the people that have been hired.

It's a really unfortunate scenario considering the lack of staff is really damaging the state department it seems.

Still blows my mind that Tillerson would be one of the few that seriously pushed back against Trump. I thought he was bought and paid for. I've been very surprised by him since he took the position.

Well he is richer than Trump, so he is allowed to vend.

NH Apache

Banned
Unlike trump and friends, tillerson actually was good in business and made his way. I could see him getting frustrated with all these other people who had shit gifted to them trying not only going behind his back but making his job very much more difficult.

I hadn't heard of this DeStefano guy before, and the issues he's causing are very interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d1a0973e7b2_story.html?utm_term=.eb8716edf69b

The lack of staff under Donald isn't because no one's being suggested. I wonder if it's pure obstruction or these people being blocked are seriously not good enough. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter to some extent based on the statements of some of the people that have been hired.

It's a really unfortunate scenario considering the lack of staff is really damaging the state department it seems.

Or they're scared off from this circus or realize they'd need to set aside the salary they'd get on a lawyer or two.

While I don't agree with Tillerson's policy ideas, and don't really trust him much more than Trump, he is likely one of the few competent Executives in the White House right now. If he left his position, it would likely be really bad for our already fragile foreign policy.

It doesn't matter.

Rex Tillerson has zero credibility and can't do his job if the White House undercuts him at every step.

And that's exactly what the White House has been doing over the last 3 months.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The crazy thing is that, despite my early apprehension, Tillerson seems to be the only one in the administration that actually takes his job seriously.

On what basis do people keep making this claim? Cause you see pictures of him with glasses looking papers on his desk?

I think it is intentional obstruction; part of the Trump/Bannon ideology is the deconstruction of the administrative state. They probably believe that a great way to do that is by not staffing many of the positions. I think it's that and Trump's narcissism; he needs loyalists around him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I thought ol Till Till was part of the band, I guess not. It was strange how he was placed in charge of a now defanged department but it seemed like he was in on the job.
I suspect Till came as a manafort or Flynn recommendation and got fast buy in from everyone because he's an old white ceo. But his Russian medal of freedom shit probably appealed to the Russian stooges in trumps orbit and Trump as usual went along with shit.

Tillerson is one of the more intelligent people in the cabinet and seems to have genuinely tried to succeed at the job.

But would also not blink if he turned out to be a towel boy for Putin himself.

As for DeStefano. This is where I think a lot of the bodies are buried:

DeStefano built a data operation used by the Republican National Committee.

And I hope Turtle McConnell gets disinterred when they do the big autopsy.

I suspect Till came as a manafort or Flynn recommendation and got fast buy in from everyone because he's an old white ceo. But his Russian medal of freedom shit probably appealed to the Russian stooges in trumps orbit and Trump as usual went along with shit.

Tillerson is one of the more intelligent people in the cabinet and seems to have genuinely tried to succeed at the job.

But would also not blink if he turned out to be a towel boy for Putin himself.

As for DeStefano. This is where I think a lot of the bodies are buried:

And I hope Turtle McConnell gets disinterred when they do the big autopsy.

I don't think Tillerson can be lumped entirely into one category or another. He probably wants to be friendlier with Russia than most of us are comfortable are with, primarily due to the potential benefits for his buddies in oil. But he also probably wants to do the job his own way (and competently), and not be remembered as a stooge.

Top Bottom