• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon launches new podcast 'The Polygon Show'

Some Nobody

Why do people find this kind of random inane banter entertaining in a gaming podcast? I can't even listen to giant bombcast because of this. They just go off on these asinine tangents for a gaming podcast. I'm not one of their buds having a beer at the bar. And even then I'd look at them weird and tell them to stop if they started talking about some of that shit.

Lol. When I read stuff like this I realize why I have such trouble getting along with fellow geeks. Once I left school I never wanted to hear the phrase "let's stay on topic, guys!" again in my life.

watershed

Banned
I'm gonna give this a listen later today. I'd love to find a cool new videogame podcast now that I've soured on Gamespot's The Lobby.

> Here at Polygon we have been known to write about the occasional video game. Sometimes, we make videos about them. Now, thanks to rapid advances in audio recording technology, we are prepared to enter a brave new frontier: talking about games. And food. And getting nasty with garbage cans. Important issues.

Your style of humor is already pissing me off. No, thank you.

God damn I hate that show. The presenter is so far up his own preachy ass that I could barely listen to it. His guests were sometimes good, but the main guy (I forget his name) doesn't have any opinions of his own, except for "it's good" or "it's bad" and just repeats back his guests' ideas in his own words.

Their politics align with my own, more or less, so I suppose it's never felt like preaching.

ReaperXL7

Kinda wish Tara was involved with this, I always appreciated her contributions to Rev3 with Adam and Nick. Admittedly I haven't followed polygon pretty much ever so I was surprised to find out that her and Nick were on the staff.

saw someone on twitter say this is like a sucessor to the classic 1UP Yours show in terms of tone/vibe, has anyone else gotten that impression?

Jhoan

saw someone on twitter say this is like a sucessor to the classic 1UP Yours show in terms of tone/vibe, has anyone else gotten that impression?
I never listened to 1up Yours so I can't compare. If anything, the closest thing that I would compare it to is the days when Giant Bomb would review energy drinks in the beginning few years or Weekend Confirmed when Garnett would drink on the show with the crew. For me personally the humor is hot or miss and I haven't played 95% of the games they discuss unless it's on 3DS.

Still, I'm glad it exists and that it doesn't overstay its welcome. I do wish is was a tad longer but the crew is finding their groove slowly even if it's the umpteenth podcast with an introductory segment, what you been playing, news reactions, and emails.

Zach

I've listened to two episodes now. It's a nice change of pace from the usual bunch-of-dudes-talking. Like, they're kind of dumb and annoying here and there, but that's not unlike any other podcast I've ever listened to. We're all dumb and annoying here and there.

I'll keep checking it out to hear a different perspective.

ryushe

Listened to the first 2 episodes and I am totally into this show.

It's super dumb but it's definitely the brand of dumb I'm into. They also have good opinions and seem to really enjoy each other, so there's that as well.

This is definitely added to my weekly rotation.

1UP Yours is my first ever podcast and I love(d) it dearly, so I'm super bias in what I'm about to say and that's, No, this show is not that good.

What I will say however is it instantly reminded me of the early GiantBomb days when Ryan and Vinny were on and the show had a lot of energy.

N° 2048

I don't really visit Polygon, ever, but I checked out this podcast and it's hysterical.

I hope it's doing well

This, this so much. I've listened to all six eps and this is already one of my main podcasts.

These girls are so funny and have great chemistry. Everyone give this a chance no matter what your opinion of Polygon is.

Top Bottom