• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon Updates Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 Review Score: 7.5 -> 4

zam

To everyone who is saying that the reactions in this thread are just blind Polygon hate, the main points of contention for most people (or at least for me) with this whole thing are:

- Inconsitency in changing review scores. Will they do this for every game they review now?
- Inconsistemcy in review scores across platforms and games. COD Ghosts got 0.5 higher on Xbone for performing better, yet BF4 had the same score across platforms despite varying performance. They need to set down some rules and make them public to the consumer telling them how and when they change review scores.
- Changing the review score after the fact does nothing to change Metacritic scores, so they don't piss off their publisher overlords
- Changing the review score one month after the fact does nothing to the consumers who bought the game based on their score a month ago, even though the game was buggy and broken at launch
-Arthur Gies claiming the game worked on PC at launch (it didn't) and it has deteriorated since then (it has gotten better, somewhat)
- Why did it take them a whole month to change their score when anyone who played Day One saw it was broken and buggy? (Related: Is changing the review score now related to Dice recently coming out and saying "Yeah, the game is pretty broken"?)
- The previous point relates to the Polygon/Sim City debacle when Gies was on twitter claiming that "anyone who said Sim City could work offline doesn't know what they are talking about", despite the evidence showing the opposite, because "EA told us it wouldn't work offline".

Changing games journalism indeed.

sangreal

Hold on a second here's what i don't get.

You guys are going after Arthur Geis for not putting out an accurate review review of the game when it was first released? Thats fair.

However Polygon is not the only review site. What happened to scores from Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers etc.. Did they accurate score of the game? No. So why is Polygon the only reviewing site being targeted by the majority in this thread?

They reviewed the game at a review event and at the time it was good, and based the review off that. Ok that's fine. If that's the case then Arthur Geiis should be commended for being the only reviewer to update the score to one that represents the current state of the game, no other reviewer has done this.

If there is anyone i would be pissed at, its EA and Dice. It doesn't matter if some people can play the game fine, why is it that others are experiencing difficulties and bugs? This is a game some people paid $60 for and are not getting the experience they expected. When i buy something i expect it to be complete, obviously there will be bugs and glitches. I don't expect it to be %100, but there is still a standard that must be upheld.

Are some of you guys serious?

I haven't piled on Gies, so I'm not defending that but there were a few things in this post I wanted to respond to...

-IGN and company should absolutely be raked over the coals for their good reviews
-It didn't work at the review event either
-Polygon didn't review it at launch. They waited until it was "Fixed" post-launch and still gave it a 7.5

qko

Something fishy happened here?

K524Kmz.png

Maybe they changed the score after the checks cleared?

Top Bottom