• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Anyone get their Mondo-Con event tickets? Managed to snag everything I wanted.

If anyone is trying to score screening tickets, keep trying. I just got 2x Batman '89.

Kitsuné;178388045 said:
It's a black print on dark gray and black heavy paper stock. The ink is a little bit reflective, which gives off a subtle but nice effect on the black paper.
I know it's more of a technical drawing instead of an illustration. I initially made it just for myself, but afterwards I thought that others might be a interested in such a print.

Eh, it might be hard to move those prints because they're basically technical drawings. (Which there's plenty of.) Quality of the printing is really going to weight in on someone's decision.

LaneDS

Up next for framing:

Eh6ZgjB.jpg

LaneDS

Fuuuuuuuck, I need this print.

You may be in luck! See below.

Post pics when done!

I shall! Not sure how I want to frame it yet. Need to get it side by side with some of his other pieces because I can't tell how much more blue it is versus the almost teal color a few of his pieces have.

So here's the "below". I fibbed when I said +1 a few pages back. Asked my sister to pick up two, and now that I have them in hand, I'll say +2. I assumed someone in the thread would also want one, and since she was nice enough to go all the way into Philly with her fiance I figured they both wouldn't mind picking up a copy. So I've got an extra that I'm going to part with at cost (was $50) but I haven't figured out a fair (or fun) way to figure out who gets it. Suggestions appreciated!

Risible

As much as I want it I say give it to Ironrinn since he just hooked me up with Escape From NY. :)

Whatever way you decide to do it I'm sure will be fair.

IronRinn

You may be in luck! See below.

I shall! Not sure how I want to frame it yet. Need to get it side by side with some of his other pieces because I can't tell how much more blue it is versus the almost teal color a few of his pieces have.

So here's the "below". I fibbed when I said +1 a few pages back. Asked my sister to pick up two, and now that I have them in hand, I'll say +2. I assumed someone in the thread would also want one, and since she was nice enough to go all the way into Philly with her fiance I figured they both wouldn't mind picking up a copy. So I've got an extra that I'm going to part with at cost (was $50) but I haven't figured out a fair (or fun) way to figure out who gets it. Suggestions appreciated!
The easiest way is probably just to get a list going of interested people and do a raffle.

ruxtpin

Banned
I missed all MondoCon event tickets. Never been before... I'm assuming there's still lots of stuff to do there if I can't go to the screenings or panels?

fallengorn

I missed all MondoCon event tickets. Never been before... I'm assuming there's still lots of stuff to do there if I can't go to the screenings or panels?

You can try and get a seat at the panels (I think they only reserved a majority of the seats) but the screenings are definitely sold out, unless you can find a spare at the con.

Unless they do some other cute things (like the Shaun of the Dead booth from last year), the only other things to do are look/line up at booths and eat/drink.

ruxtpin

Banned
You can try and get a seat at the panels (I think they only reserved a majority of the seats) but the screenings are definitely sold out, unless you can find a spare at the con.

Unless they do some other cute things (like the Shaun of the Dead booth from last year), the only other things to do are look/line up at booths and eat/drink.

But you can purchase prints at the booths right?

Bii

Anyone going to Mondocon want to PB for me? I'm interested in Mike Mitchell's Fat Bird (Desert Cardinal). I'll pay for the print, shipping fees and a little extra for your help.

LaneDS

The easiest way is probably just to get a list going of interested people and do a raffle.

That sounds good. I'll make a more official looking post and maybe keep the sign-up open for a week. Can't imagine more than a handful of people will be interested but I want to be fair while still hooking y'all up.

Meier

Another silly question since it's not available on the mondo FAQ, but do booths generally accept credit cards?

Last year, Durieux was cash only. I was absolutely shocked by that.. I'd say most all do use Square but not a bad idea to bring some cash.

lupinko

Fellow FancyPosterGAF, what's your take on framing signed comics? Not really for value in my case just because I think it looks cool. I'm eyeing midtown comics variants of Spider-Gwen #1 signed by Jason Latour with the authenticity cards. It probably won't be worth anything but I really like Spider-Gwen and the art, and it would be a pop culture decoration. If I ever go to SDCC or any other con again which I'd like to, especially SDCC since it's a bucket list thing, I'd get J Scott Campbell to sign it too.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Fellow FancyPosterGAF, what's your take on framing signed comics? Not really for value in my case just because I think it looks cool. I'm eyeing midtown comics variants of Spider-Gwen #1 signed by Jason Latour with the authenticity cards. It probably won't be worth anything but I really like Spider-Gwen and the art, and it would be a pop culture decoration. If I ever go to SDCC or any other con again which I'd like to, especially SDCC since it's a bucket list thing, I'd get J Scott Campbell to sign it too.

All for it, man. If you love the art/issue and want to throw it in a frame, display that shit proudly!

IronRinn

I'll admit to loving my overlook hotel carpet pattern cardigan. But I'm not buying any of these.

I liked that one because it was itself just a pattern. It doesn't necessarily jump out as a movie reference to most people. I mean, I wouldn't wear it, but I liked the idea. And if the mats/rugs had been cheaper I totally would have grabbed one.

Edit: These are up on Mondo now.

fallengorn

Nightmare on Elm Street sweaters make sense.

The others don't even look good. At least not enough to wear outside of a Horror convention.

NateDrake

Is Odd City Entertainment terrible at customer service and shipping? I'm still waiting on my Godfather Part II print and they just keeping delaying the ship date or don't reply to emails about it. How does one estimate a ship date for May and still not have everything delivered by mid-September? Did anyone who ordered that print receive it yet?

Browny

Banned
Matt Ferguson is doing a sketch booth sale on Bottleneck; Wednesday 16th @ 12pm est. Forgive my ignorance, but this is an opportunity to purchase a themed sketch from him? I come up with a premise and he draws away? I may bite...

Meier

Is Odd City Entertainment terrible at customer service and shipping? I'm still waiting on my Godfather Part II print and they just keeping delaying the ship date or don't reply to emails about it. How does one estimate a ship date for May and still not have everything delivered by mid-September? Did anyone who ordered that print receive it yet?
I joined a Facebook group called Mondo Trader recently and there was some pretty fervent discussion about them. The thread got deleted but a later post recommended emailing "Roman@oddcityentertainment.com" about your situation.

IronRinn

I joined a Facebook group called Mondo Trader recently and there was some pretty fervent discussion about them. The thread got deleted but a later post recommended emailing "Roman@oddcityentertainment.com" about your situation.

I really wish EB would at least leave up the threads they lock. Especially the Odd City one, if only as a warning. (Edit: Oh wait, it's still there. It's a massive, insane thread. Here is a sarcastic, but more or less accurate, thread timeline.)

NateDrake - They are a shit show. People have only recently begun receiving prints after months of bullshit and excuses. It's farcical at this point. I would email them and keep on them about it until you have your print or do a charge-back. At this point I'm thinking that I, personally, won't be linking to anymore of their drops in this thread unless I hear they've improved significantly. It's also why they're not listed in the OP.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Hey man, I'd file a paypal/CC dispute immediately if I was you. OCE is fucking embarrassing, and it ain't worth losing your money to such an awful "company".

IronRinn

Danger is the lighter, timed edition, just so people know. Grabbed one, but still may try for a variant because I have a sickness.

IronRinn

Geez. Has the issue been just with GF2 or have they screwed up deliveries for their other prints?

They have had problems with just about every one of their releases. There is still a The Usual Suspects print that was promised, I want to say more than a year ago (?), that hasn't been delivered. Yeah. After this newest fuck up, I don't think it's fair to people to link to drops for things they may never get.

Danger is the lighter, timed edition, just so people know. Grabbed one, but still may try for a variant because I have a sickness.

Yeah, I'd prefer the variant but I just want this on my wall in any form. I doubt I'll get the chance to go to a con to pick up the variant anyway.

fallengorn

Greymatter trucking along with more Marvel. Release 9/17 at 1pm EST:

yfRP1tZ.jpg

Artist: Chris Skinner
Size: 18x24
Foil Edition: 125/$60.00
Printed By: Lady Lazarus

IronRinn

Yeah, I'd prefer the variant but I just want this on my wall in any form. I doubt I'll get the chance to go to a con to pick up the variant anyway.

I keep telling myself that I absolutely, positively cannot by the framed version at the gallery if I wind up going this weekend.

I know some of you guys and gals like pins. Bottleneck is going to have a set by Florey on Friday. Here's one of them:

Greymatter trucking along with more Marvel. Release 9/17 at 1pm EST:

yfRP1tZ.jpg

Artist: Chris Skinner
Size: 18x24
Foil Edition: 125/$60.00
Printed By: Lady Lazarus
The '90s have officially returned.

Filthy Slug

I'm glad so many people are pumped about this Danger piece! His personal work is always so much better than his commercial stuff.

Top Bottom