• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Lego Simpsons game?

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I did a search and nothing came up...first thread so please done crucify me!

A photo was leaked of a Simpsons Lego set which is set to be released. Gamespot has posted an article mentioning that this could possibly lead into a Simpsons Lego game as Lego are pretty good at cross promotion when releasing new items.

What are your thoughts on a Lego Simpsons game? I've enjoyed the older titles such as Lego Star Wars & Indiana Jones so I think it could end up pretty good.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lego-simpsons-toy-set-revealed/1100-6416948/

Eurobrick member Carlos S has posted an image of the 2523-piece playset, which will reportedly feature the iconic Simpson home at 742 Evergreen Terrace, as well as minifigures for main characters Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, and Ned Flanders.

If the Simpsons Lego toy set is indeed real, a video game adaptation may not be far behind. The Danish toy maker has a history of pairing its physical toy sets with game adaptations, as it has done with popular franchises like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

NeoGash

I liked Simpson's Road Rage on both PS2 and Gameboy Advance. I also loved Hit and Run on PS2. 'The Simpson's Game' or whatever was horrible, but I wouldn't mind a Lego Simpson's along the lines of Hit and Run.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I liked Simpson's Road Rage on both PS2 and Gameboy Advance. I also loved Hit and Run on PS2. 'The Simpson's Game' or whatever was horrible, but I wouldn't mind a Lego Simpson's along the lines of Hit and Run.

I personally enjoyed "The Simpsons Game", It's probably one of the better Simpsons games released in recent times.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I really want that Lego set.

Shancake

I thought this as soon as I heard that the set was announced. This is a Lego game that I'd actually play.

JoshHood

Doesn't EA have the rights to the simpsons game ip?
The Lego games have a history of cross-publishing, even though TT is owned by Warner. Disney were involved with Marvel and published Pirates, for example.

Having said that, does anyone even still have the rights to Simpsons console games after the last one? I know EA still does mobile ones.

Joni

There are a lot of LEGO playsets, no? There was just LEGO Back to the Future last year. I wouldn't take it as a sign they'll do a game.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I'd have a Lego game version of everything. Love playing them with my younger relatives.

They could do as many Simpsons games as they wanted as well. Practically unlimited cast and material.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't EA have the rights to the simpsons game ip?

It's not entirely unheard of for licence holders to have multiple clients within the same industry. Consider Telltale's The Walking Dead and Acti's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, MLB and 2K/Sony, for example.

I want it, but I dont even want to think about how expensive it is.

lc7t.jpg

Also, not sure about a videogame as this is the only set they're making for the moment.

SystemBug

If telltale is making it, it will probably be open world considering their recent output. This makes me want it that much more.

Joni

It's not entirely unheard of for licence holders to have multiple clients within the same industry. Consider Telltale's The Walking Dead and Acti's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, for example.
They're not the same license. One is based on the comic, the other on the show.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wishing for it to happen. I played a lot of the early Simpsons games, they were very charming. Would love a new game that an rediscover some of that magic.

Krilekk

Banned
AFAIK LEGO doesn't make games or decide which movie/TV series would go nicely with a LEGO game, they just give out the license to do so to Traveller's Tales. So if anybody decides to do such a game it will be TT. But truth is Simpsons are not mainstream enough anymore to be a successful video game tie-in. If you look at those games you clearly see they are built around billion dollar movie franchises.

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
Marvel movies
Harry Potter
PotC

A LEGO Simpsons game is totally out of the question.

Varth

Simpsons are not mainstream enough anymore to be a successful video game tie-in. If you look at those games you clearly see they are built around billion dollar movie franchises.

Game-wise, it doesn't really get any more mainstream than a 100million grossing game app. I guess EA is salivating already at the tought of trying to port it over somehow to consoles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Non-exclusive licenses are a possibility, but that would have to be arranged from day one.

Well, yeah, that goes without saying. I was just making the point that licensing agreements aren't universally exclusive.

Fox/EA owns the Simpsons rights and Warner publishes the Lego games. It's not impossible, but unlikely.

Also TT's upcoming slate is pretty full - Hobbit and Lego Movie are due next year, the year after that it'll probably be Hobbit 2. (I can't believe they're splitting the last film out into its own game -- it better be an epic Hobbit/LOTR mash-up with the entire of Middle Earth to explore).

18-Volt

Warner owns Travellers Tales and DC comics, but just published LEGO Marvel, with DLC from Thor2....a Disney movie.

Money talks.

Disney usually give away their licenses to other publishers but EA/Simpsons deal is exclusive. EA never give their rights to someone else.

Disney usually give away their licenses to other publishers but EA/Simpsons deal is exclusive. EA never give their rights to someone else.

This. Like I said, very unlikely.

Considering how well the Lego Star Wars games did you'd think EA might think twice about letting TT have the rights to work on more. I'd say that was more likely than Simpsons.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
AFAIK LEGO doesn't make games or decide which movie/TV series would go nicely with a LEGO game, they just give out the license to do so to Traveller's Tales. So if anybody decides to do such a game it will be TT. But truth is Simpsons are not mainstream enough anymore to be a successful video game tie-in. If you look at those games you clearly see they are built around billion dollar movie franchises.

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
Marvel movies
Harry Potter
PotC

A LEGO Simpsons game is totally out of the question.

I dare say that the Simpsons has more video game selling power than Indiana Jones.

tbm24

Is rather get confirmation of this set coming to the US more than a game confirmation. This is for the 25th anniversary of the show I believe, and there's only 1 set so I doubt a game would be in the works or consideration as of yet. It's a great idea tho.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
A photo was leaked of a Simpsons Lego set which is set to be released. Gamespot has posted an article mentioning that this could possibly lead into a Simpsons Lego game as Lego are pretty good at cross promotion when releasing new items.
So in a nutshell: "Some LEGO set cross-licenses have become games, so we're going to speculate that every LEGO set cross-license is being planned for a game!"

LEGO's netted more licenses that have led to no games than ones that have led to games.

Top Bottom