• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

batbeg

GuitarAtomik said:
My 1st and only (for the time being).

Tattoo-01-web.jpg

This one is pretty fucking sweet, dude.

I get my first one next month, after my paycheck on the 15th. I'm just going to get some words and a symbol on my wrists, but I'm excited for them, as I love tats a lot.

Sheppard

hurm. well this is on my right arm. I will end up getting a joker piece on the lower of the arm to counter set this. The negative bats will turn into negative cards that will go into the joker piece. I am not sure what joker piece it will be yet but I am always looking for something in the Bruce Timm style joker.

steven02.jpg

and a bit from another angle

l_a174479f51834b0495abbefd3786b139.jpg

Sheppard said:
hurm. well this is on my right arm. I will end up getting a joker piece on the lower of the arm to counter set this. The negative bats will turn into negative cards that will go into the joker piece. I am not sure what joker piece it will be yet but I am always looking for something in the Bruce Timm style joker.

steven02.jpg

and a bit from another angle

l_a174479f51834b0495abbefd3786b139.jpg

Good match for my Supes tatt posted earlier. =)

Sheppard

krypt0nian said:
Good match for my Supes tatt posted earlier. =)

lol it is! But you know if I was cool in any way I would have the other half to that on my left arm with Supes on top of the Daily Planet, but I just don't care that much. Your ink though is damn amazing to be honest.

kaskade

TONX said:
Just got it done a few hours ago.
Ouch.

I read that the sternum is one of the most painful places to get it done. I want to get a tattoo eventually I just feel it needs some sort of meaning if it's going to be on me forever.

I always thought the tiesto's nyana bird would be a cool one.
17878_logo.jpg

Salsa

ive had this badly done monkey in my shoulder for 2 years now (weird angle photo doesnt help):

tatxg7.jpg

its a recurring theme in David Bowie`s paintings (wanted something bowie related):

175big.gif

Done for free, ugly as fuck, but i somehow like it.

So I know it's ridiculously specific but I swear I've seen it before on the net. I want a tattoo like this picture but of an astronaut and from the side view, if that makes sense. If anyone has seen it please help me out :(

149thf7.jpg

I'm still unsure where to place my first tattoo.

It's this motive:
tattooeg.jpg

It's a very personal motive and I don't want it to be seen at job interviews, and since it's not colored I don't think it looks very good at my lower leg or my arm. Any recommendations?

Musiol

here's my tattoo, I want to do something related to LoK game series and here it is, photo right after making (over 1 year ago)

f3ygjo.jpg

miyuru

TheClimaxan said:
n25010514_33485060_8267.jpg

It means friend in sign language. My best friend growing up was deaf and he died in his sleep when he was very young (11). I wanted to get this tat since I was 11 and I finally got it this year (I'm 23 now)

My fav. tattoo of the thread. I think most of the tattoos here are really stupid (sorry). I'd probably feel a bit different if people elaborated more on their tats. But yeah I'm one of those people who would probably not get a tattoo in general, but I totally respect tats that "make sense" like the above.

funk0ar

atxDUTCH said:
friend did it when i was 17 in amsterdam. lion over my heart cause i'm half dutch.
GAF's opinion?

2ylnxao.jpg

You know that your heart is on the left hand side of your body right?

newsguy

Cover up of some characters I got when I was 16 (almost twice that age now). Did the entire session in one sitting, not fun.

14735_1167609390641_1240111744_3042.jpg

Here is mine. The center red part is a Mapuche woven design to honor my grandmother (native South American), the bicycle gear to symbolize my love for bikes, motorcycles and things mechanical. The Psi to commemorate getting my Ph.D. in psychology. The surrounding art is inspired my south pacific designs (Marquesan) to honor my grandfather who was a merchant sailor (from Chile but he went back and forth). On my right calf by the way.

web1.jpg

DarkKyo

Planning to get my first tattoo within the month.. question: How did all of you decide where/by who to get it done? Did you just check out some tattoo places in the area or what? I kinda know what I want but don't know how to find someone good to do it.

Tinabina

Dechaios said:
Planning to get my first tattoo within the month.. question: How did all of you decide where/by who to get it done? Did you just check out some tattoo places in the area or what? I kinda know what I want but don't know how to find someone good to do it.

you gotta see some of their previous work first. i found mine by recommendations from friends.

andycapps

Keep remembering to post mine, but this thread always vanishes from the first page so fast that I forget.. I'll subscribe and hopefully that'll remind me.

Dechaios said:

Believe it or not but Yelp helped immensely. I found the top 3 rated shops in Chicago and then read reviews and scanned artists web galleries.

Worked out great.

I went to a local tattoo expo and met many, many artists and got a feel for their styles. I then met with a few to get a feel if they understood what I wanted and to see examples of their art. Take the time to get to right. Some places I went to were slick looking but they cared more about volume or being cool and not listening to their customers. Walk away! As for what I wanted I have been thinking about it for years, consulted with the artist and he came up with some ideas that we refined before inking. Don't be impulsive and you'll end up with art that you'll love.

J-Roderton

newsguy said:
Cover up of some characters I got when I was 16 (almost twice that age now). Did the entire session in one sitting, not fun.

14735_1167609390641_1240111744_3042.jpg

That is a lot like the one I have been thinking of getting. Love the Koi fish tats.

I have been getting a tattoo removed for the past 10 months or so. The laser is the most painful thing I've ever had, getting the tattoo didn't hurt one bit...they said they can't remove the white ink so I'll probably be getting something else done over that area when it's finally clean (up to 2 years away).

AFKevin

Neo Member
30503_1485088964825_1161912066_31406149_5593909_n.jpg

Going to add a japanese crest on my inner forearm this coming sunday and i'll be done for awhile. It's getting too expensive haha.

DarkKyo

PumpkinPie said:
I have been getting a tattoo removed for the past 10 months or so. The laser is the most painful thing I've ever had, getting the tattoo didn't hurt one bit...they said they can't remove the white ink so I'll probably be getting something else done over that area when it's finally clean (up to 2 years away).
Why are you getting a tattoo removed?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
SNC00077.jpg

Last night.

Next up is a Jose Posada/Sailor Jerry mashup chest piece.

andycapps

Got this done yesterday on my right forearm as a Father's day present from my wife. Will try to post pictures of the other ones I have soon.
97fd53db.jpg

Top Bottom