• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Hello there GAF, I dont post often here but i read the forums everyday.
Im looking for some ideas for a new tattoo. This will be my 1st, so any tips and advice on tattoos in general will be appreciated.

Specifically im looking for a dragon tat or one with multiple dragons.
If been browsing deviantart and found this one which is #1 on my list.
Dragons_by_Hatsumora6.jpg

Any pics or advice or new ideas will be appreciated.
im also looking for something to write in chinese under the dragon

BlacKMaRK said:
Hello there GAF, I dont post often here but i read the forums everyday.
Im looking for some ideas for a new tattoo. This will be my 1st, so any tips and advice on tattoos in general will be appreciated.

Specifically im looking for a dragon tat or one with multiple dragons.
If been browsing deviantart and found this one which is #1 on my list.
Dragons_by_Hatsumora6.jpg

Any pics or advice or new ideas will be appreciated.
im also looking for something to write in chinese under the dragon

Ohhhh man, I love the art direction there. Any more of that kind?

BlacKMaRK

Banned
yea funky monkey, i just went to deviantart.com and put a search for tribal dragons. a lot of similar artwork there. i also am a fan of the tribal art style and asian culture and dragons:D , so this makes the most sense to me for a tattoo.

BlacKMaRK said:
yea funky monkey, i just went to deviantart.com and put a search for tribal dragons. a lot of similar artwork there. i also am a fan of the tribal art style and asian culture and dragons:D , so this makes the most sense to me for a tattoo.

Sweeeet. Yeah i'm looking for one to go on my ribs and come down a little past my belt line in front.

choices are endless!

Koshiba

Well I am tempted to get something small. For some reason I always wanted a small crescent moon tattoo next to my shoulder, above my breast. So if anything, I might get that done. Easy enough to hide if it's small and in a spot clothing generally covers. :)

Koshiba

ronito said:
I've been playing with getting something small. Also Koshiba I'd leave the breast area untouched.

Not on my breast. :lol But I plan on getting a boob job so I figure that'll probably come before a tattoo anyway. I meant in the area by the shoulder, just below the bone right there.

john tv said:
Good idea, but this would've been 100% cooler without the words!

Yeah, i agree... I love kanji, but I hate tattooz of any kind of lettering, really. but that is a really well done tatteezee, though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Here's mine. I got it when I turned 18 (5 years ago). If I had gotten it now, I would have gone somewhere that made it look more professional (I originally wanted it to be sky blue but went with this instead) but its a part of me now...

2704923775_d5222f1b67.jpg

Inspired design from someone else's design off the net. This one I felt look like a chakra exploding with energy, enveloping and radiating around the physical opening.

I want to get others but not until I sit down and draw a couple out and make sure I get the colors that I want in the design to translate over to the tattoo itself.

I_D

Koshiba said:
Not on my breast. :lol But I plan on getting a boob job so I figure that'll probably come before a tattoo anyway. I meant in the area by the shoulder, just below the bone right there.

Tattoo on the right shoulder blade = my fav spot on girls.

And also... don't get a boob job, even if your boobs are so small you don't have to wear a bra.... don't get a boob job. They're disgusting to feel.

Koshiba said:

Ugh, why? You're pretty just the way you are, believe me.

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
zhenming said:
Sorry but why the fuck would you want to get "cow" tatted to your back. In chinese slang mandarin and canto it means strong but dumb. wth...... the cliche dragon would have worked even better.... I would start looking for a good laser removal doc asap.

If you feel you must tattoo Chinese words, then for goodness sake make sure that the words are not by someone who does not know Chinese.

mooooooooooo

It can also mean bull. That's not too bad. That being said, people look like huge jackasses getting hanzi/kanji tattoos unless they can really back them up.

Koshiba

Don't really want to have the boob job discussion in a thread again. If you really want to discuss it PM me. (No, that doesn't mean pics.. :lol ) But I was just clarifying since I imagine getting a boob job with a tattoo in that area would probably mess it up. :p

But yeah, that's what I meant, my shoulder blade area. Just always seemed like a nice spot for the kind of tattoo I want.

funk0ar

Naked Snake said:
Anyway, saw this today and really liked it:
mens_underwear_aussiebum_new_0005_spin.jpg

Although I'm not a fan of tattoos myself.

This is a pretty common tattoo in Aus. Go to a beach in Sydney in summer and you will see a few people with this somewhere on their body. I like it but it's far to common place like tribal and chinese characters on white boys.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Koshiba said:
If you really want to discuss it PM me.

That's like opening up the gates of Hell. Mass PMs, imminent!

About tattoos, I find that any tattoo that has some description or a word in general is a no, no. Better to have an elaborate design or a simple one to be judged based on the design itself.

Zeke

as promised here is my new ink and my first of many. Got it done last night took about an hour to get it all done. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. The artist did an amazing job going back next month to get more work done.
ink600x450-1.jpg

Mar

funk0ar said:
This is a pretty common tattoo in Aus. Go to a beach in Sydney in summer and you will see a few people with this somewhere on their body.

Yeah, and it's a symbol that is pretty easy to get behind, the Southern Cross. I'm actually thinking of getting something in that theme but wildy different to the norm.

Zeke

just showed my folks my new ink my mom really liked it my dad on the other hand.......well he's a bit pissed about it

Zeke

growing up I called my grandparents mom & pop my parents were just mom and dad. Don't ask me why we called them mom and pop because I have no clue how that happened.

smoothj

XSX said:

if I were you I'd fill in some kind of background so it doesn't look like a bunch of stickers like someone said earlier.... maybe also cover up that GH controller tattoo as well.

as for me, I thinking about getting a sleeve done. like at the bottom by lower forearm have molten lava/rock and then bedrock to gravel to the bottom of the sea coy fish in the middle to the surface of the sea to the sky with clouds reaching about my shoulder...
or maybe replace the sea part and make that a forest with my grandma and dads tombstone in the forest somewhere.

what do you guys think????

Zeke

can you make a rough sketch of that? Thats a lot of detail, I like the general idea, do you have any colors you want to go with?

ten5ive9ine

They've got me haunting a family in Texas.
r3d panda said:
if I were you I'd fill in some kind of background so it doesn't look like a bunch of stickers like someone said earlier.... maybe also cover up that GH controller tattoo as well.

as for me, I thinking about getting a sleeve done. like at the bottom by lower forearm have molten lava/rock and then bedrock to gravel to the bottom of the sea coy fish in the middle to the surface of the sea to the sky with clouds reaching about my shoulder...
or maybe replace the sea part and make that a forest with my grandma and dads tombstone in the forest somewhere.

Not to be insensitive, but what do you do when other people pass away? It sounds like a nice idea in principle but you should really go and have a discussion with an artist. They'll tell you lots of points about colour balance, ink, sizing, etc, etc that you'd never think of, which will change the final image hugely from what you have in your head. That's especially true of a full sleeve.

Syckx

r3d panda said:

Sleeves are a lot of work and very expensive. Just make sure you're willing to put in the commitment -- unfinished sleevs look bad. Having said that, I like your idea. Elelmental tattoos are some of my favorite. I have a half sleeve that is a tribute to my grandparents that has a star of David (yes, I get the irony), their surname and the years they died. I have fire, wind, water and earth sweeping around it in an infinity symbol. Nature, elements go well with tribute tattoos.

Syckx

ten5ive9ine said:
Not to be insensitive, but what do you do when other people pass away? It sounds like a nice idea in principle but you should really go and have a discussion with an artist. They'll tell you lots of points about colour balance, ink, sizing, etc, etc that you'd never think of, which will change the final image hugely from what you have in your head. That's especially true of a full sleeve.

Unfortunately, some people mean more to some than others. I have my grandparents tribute, but I will not be doing one for my parents. Good advice, otherwise.

Zeke

I'm pretty much the other way around my grandparents will be on the other side of my chest. I'm really close with my grandparents and they mean the world to me.

smoothj

ten5ive9ine said:

yeah I figure I'll have to compromise some of my ideas.. I've seen miami ink change peoples tattoo idea into something a little more feasable that still has the general idea

Syckx said:
Sleeves are a lot of work and very expensive. Just make sure you're willing to put in the commitment -- unfinished sleevs look bad. Having said that, I like you're idea. Elelmental tattoos are some of my favorite. I have a half sleeve that is a tribute to my grandparents that has a star of David (yes, I get the irony), their surname and the years they died. I have fire, wind, water and earth sweeping around it in an infinity symbol. Nature, elements go well with tribute tattoos.

true man... its a big piece and a huge commitment but I've had the idea for about 2 years and still feel like getting it so I know I wont regret it. I think the coy idea would be a little easier to do. now the money for that is another thing hehe.

thanks guys for your suggestions/comments, much appreciated :D

Syckx

Zeke said:
I'm pretty much the other way around my grandparents will be on the other side of my chest. I'm really close with my grandparents and they mean the world to me.

I think I'll just start saying that my Maleficent tattoo is for my mother, since she's an evil witch (factual clash, though, Maleficent is a fairy).

Syckx

Zeke said:
oh thats cold blooded man :lol
would you mind posting pics of your tattoo I'd like to check it out.

I'll post them when they are done. I have to go back for a touch up session since the work was done over three sessions. I know you're cool with seeing a work in progress (Cowboys fan) but I don't want to put it out there until it is done.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Zeke said:
as promised here is my new ink and my first of many. Got it done last night took about an hour to get it all done. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. The artist did an amazing job going back next month to get more work done.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/tulip_sniper/ink600x450-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Awesome, congrats.
[QUOTE=XSX][IMG]http://a630.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/m_9c078a84733d25f93b815898e16101a5.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://a142.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/m_53d8794c115597c2660d448e5e5fc7fd.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://a917.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/m_91a471eb64bdeadfc274f841bdcb9d6c.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://a807.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/128/m_370ac65068810aa709997f9eef9456de.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://a190.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/m_e117222297715f1ba01557dab9454f25.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://a166.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/m_491fc567ef06dcd090faa6f3586f8c65.jpghttp://a962.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/m_591eede58f37dea74499ca1ca403b981.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://a655.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/m_3c979bbae711d80166422a7f04d8659e.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Haha wow, awesome, are you going to fill in the blanks between the tattoos and make it a sleeve?
[QUOTE=XSX]wait.....you have a straight edge tattoo....but you have a bob marley avatar.

does not compute.[/QUOTE]
The avatar is as much by choice as that tattoo is straight edge ;).

It's healing really nicely, looks like its almost done. My mom wouldn't believe it was for real for a few days (even when she saw it in real life, she assumed it was fake because that place wasnt 'tattooable' :lol). I've yet to tell my dad. Chicks seem to dig it though, had 2 one night stands since I got it and I rarely get those :D.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
TehOh said:
I don't have any right now, but I have totally been considering a triforce on the back of my hand, ala
ganondorf.jpg
Getting your first tattoo on your hand, wow. I'm all for tattoos in weird/prominent places but having to wear gloves to job interviews, I dunno man...

Cdammen

blame space said:
I like this one for some reason... is it your own design? What significance does it have (if any)?

JodyAnthony said:
This one gets my thumbs up too.

Zeke said:
Another great and sweet tattoo.

Zeke said:
growing up I called my grandparents mom & pop my parents were just mom and dad. Don't ask me why we called them mom and pop because I have no clue how that happened.
And a nice story to go with it :)

And UNGH @ those tribal / Asian character / video game / uninspired shit / nonsignificant tattoos.

Flo

Pankaks said:
You are going to regret that so much.
Why do you say that in here? I hate it when people say that to me. Maybe you would regret it, stop deciding what other people will feel in a few years.

Slo

Flo said:
Why do you say that in here? I hate it when people say that to me. Maybe you would regret it, stop deciding what other people will feel in a few years.

Yeah man, I *still* don't regret my ABBA back piece! 1976! Never forget!

I'm still waiting to get my first tattoo. It'll probably be something to do with my kids.

TehOh

Nino said:
Getting your first tattoo on your hand, wow. I'm all for tattoos in weird/prominent places but having to wear gloves to job interviews, I dunno man...

Yeah, that's what's stopping me.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I got my second tattoo on my hand/finger. A place even turned me down since they don't do them on hands/necks unless you're head to toe in ink.

Then again I never placed my bet on living a "9-5" life, so whoop dee doo.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm sorry guys.... but I can't find any tattoo I like in this thread.

This is what I call quality tattoos: (they aren't mine)

14tqwk7.jpg
2ce4ydv.jpg

qpiiyw.jpg
dcuao5.jpg

10xhikw.jpg
24lkglh.jpg

14mcnpk.jpg
wjzwxw.jpg

2ik85fk.jpg
ddgd8o.jpg

2il1nbn.jpg

I cannot settle for anyting less than this.

My quest is to find the greatest tattoo artist before I get mine.

Top Bottom