• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PowerUp 2012 | Fighting game tournament | April 13-15

My killing priority against that team is Doom > Morrigan > Whoever. Doom first because fuck missiles, Morrigan second because fuck XF3, and then the anchor is more than welcome, even if it's Wesker.

Yeah I respect that. I just like snapbacks in general every now and then, lots of people get way too accustomed to their team order and a snap throws them off their game.

Not at this level I guess though.

Azure J

My killing priority against that team is Doom > Morrigan > Whoever. Doom first because fuck missiles, Morrigan second because fuck XF3, and then the anchor is more than welcome, even if it's Wesker.

Late but this is so true. Snap backs are a layer of psychological warfare more people need to use. Nothing like ruining synergy because "fuck you, I don't wanna deal with you now."

El Sloth

Banned
I'm glad to see someone running Ghost and Dorm. Been running them since the game came out and thought they worked great together.

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah I respect that. I just like snapbacks in general every now and then, lots of people get way too accustomed to their team order and a snap throws them off their game.

which is why i like playing my team in different orders during player matches just to get used to different orders.

Frantic

I love the mindgames off a snapback, and have been slowly adding them to my game... I also think more people need to use snapbacks in general. It's a 2 frame move. One thing I've been looking at doing more is using snapbacks as a punish with Dante, since 8 frame jab means I can't punish a lot of stuff with him, but with a 2 frame snapback I can.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Late but this is so true. Snap backs are a layer of psychological warfare more people need to use. Nothing like ruining synergy because "fuck you, I don't wanna deal with you now."
I remember pre-release everyone predicted snaps would increase as the game went on and that's certainly the case, and certainly was the case in Vanilla. I still wish I saw more snaps to get rid of red health though.

SmokeMaxX

I don't get why every Captain America I see on stream is terrible. Just because he deals a ton of damage doesn't mean you can't be creative with him.

Still don't see snapbacks used to mess with XF guard cancels either. If they worked at 1F, they should still mostly work at 2F.

Snaps are jawesome. Been using 'em more and developing maximized snap-ender combos just in case I need em. Hope to see more of that in tourneys too.

Edit: How do you not grab that last butter gun? Oy. Woulda been a nice comeback for Victor.

Azure J

Re: Snap Backs

Enzo has the right idea, I just love to hit people with snaps for the welcome mixup, but stealing that bit of red life is the real goal.

@Frantic: Nothing like intentionally whiffing a move then cancelling into a snap.

@Sasa: Oh shit, that still works. Totally using that more.

*Sees Dante still doing day 1 combos*

Omg...why? Smh

I hemorrhaged a little internally when I saw the double Cold Shower - Prop Shredder - Hammer loop, XF3 be damned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay, the level of "accidental" Wesker counter supers has surpassed the threshold for what is acceptable in one tournament. What is going on?

i4qZ7SgEhZL6A.jpg

Jintor

Seriously, Die's Joe is so great. I can't play Joe for shit since he feels so floaty and his movement range seems so small, but I really enjoy watching him play.

Top Bottom