• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PR - Tempest 4000 Announced

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Are you ready for the return of one of the most popular arcade games of all times?

Today Atari has announced that Tempest 4000™, the long-awaited sequel of the classic arcade game, Tempest®, will be available this holiday season on current generation consoles and PC. Developed by legendary game designer Jeff Minter, Tempest 4000 remains faithful to the original, while adding exciting new features and stunning graphics.

In Tempest 4000, players are once again in control of the Claw, a powerful spacecraft equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms. With three game modes to choose from and 100 levels to conquer, players must eliminate all enemies as quickly as possible to survive and achieve that coveted spot at the top of the leaderboards.

Tempest 4000 key features:

3 game modes including Standard, Pure and Endurance
100 unique geometric levels
Beautiful 4K resolution graphics
Retro soundtrack inspired by 1990’s techno
Old school gameplay enhanced for current generation consoles

Kareha

I don't usually buy games day 1 but for Tempest I'll always make an exception as it was a game from my childhood. Plus, Jeff Minter is a fucking god, would love a new Attack of the Mutant Camels :)

border

I hope there's a PSVR mode. The only time I really enjoy VR is when there's weird abstract visuals (Rez, Superhot, Polybius).

CJY

Banned
Surprised Jeff is working on this after the way he was treated with TkX. Anyway, day 1 for Jeff.

Edit: Polybius is beast

Top Bottom