• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Praydog's 'game changing' UEVR mod looks to release today

Resenge

For all you more hardcore Flat2VR fans that’s been following UEVR project for a while now, it’s going to be a bit crazy in here soon once UEVR Beta launches, so if anyone can, we could use some volunteers and your help!

Because UEVR is so massive in scope (there’s over 11,000+ UE games on Steam alone and many times that shared other places like Itch.io)

:messenger_astonished:

Here's how Rai Pal can help with UEVR:
  • Find all the Unreal Engine games in your Steam library (even the ones you haven't installed yet).
  • Detect the Unreal Engine version of games you have installed.
  • Download and auto-update UEVR (once it's publicly released).
  • Launch UEVR for a specific game, so you don't need to select the game process in the UEVR menu.
Download Rai Pal: https://github.com/Raicuparta/rai-pal/releases/latest (edited)

Last edited:

Resenge

Not all UE games will work though, let's keep expectations in check.

Only UE 4.8 and above for now I believe, which is still a crap ton of games.

Having said that, this is the biggest day in VR ever so far in my opinion :)
That is the Flat screen 2 Vr discord message.

Do you have a link to the info about what versions UE4 games do not work? as I am just going by the message on FS2VR and I cant seem to get any concrete info on compitbility with older UE4 games.

I would like to at least skip games I know will not work and no one else is saying do not buy older UE4 games that I can find with a quick search.

Nevermind, I got it, thanks.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I've been waiting for this so I can finally be able to play Robocop: Rogue City. Let's Go!
(But first game I'll try this on is Pseudoregalia, LOL)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Last edited:
That is the Flat screen 2 Vr discord message.

Do you have a link to the info about what versions UE4 games do not work? as I am just going by the message on FS2VR and I cant seem to get any concrete info on compitbility with older UE4 games.

I would like to at least skip games I know will not work and no one else is saying do not buy older UE4 games that I can find with a quick search.

Nevermind, I got it, thanks.
Some older UE games may work, seems to be a case by case basis. It's the newer ones that are nearly perfect compatibility.
On the google doc you have more than 600 games tested, but keep in mind some tests were done earlier this year and the injector improved massively the compatibility. So if the community does some re-testing, a lot of those games should now work too :messenger_bicep:

Hot5pur

Please post impressions my dudes. I'll be home later next week to try. I am wondering if this is going to be big or games not being built for VR from the beginning will turn off people if it's "just" a mod. I am hoping for the former obviously, cautiously optimistic.

Ribi

Please post impressions my dudes. I'll be home later next week to try. I am wondering if this is going to be big or games not being built for VR from the beginning will turn off people if it's "just" a mod. I am hoping for the former obviously, cautiously optimistic.
Returnal vr. Not in the vid but Robocop vr looks sick

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Tried Pseudoregalia, Robocop and Bloodstained before my Quest's battery ran out. :p

-Robocop: Struggles to keep 60fps (especially during fights) on my 3070 Ti even with everything low. I might have to start using ASW. Artifacting I can tolerate, but in my experience it doesn't help with the stuttering and hitching.
-Pseudoregalia: Flawless, the game already includes a first person view which funny enough removes the character's body and leaves you with floating hands, like they knew it was going to support VR one day, LOL.
-Bloodstained: Playable but you have to move the view closer because everything looks tiiiiiny. But if you move it too close, enemies start disappearing or your view is occluded by blackness. Still very fun and you see what kinds of tricks the devs used that you can't normally see because the view is fixed.

Last edited:

willothedog

It will only get better as the community will make and share profiles for games and the whole thing will get streamlined. 2024 PCVR eating good :)

I forgot about this, thanks OP.

And I just bought Gravel, for two bucks. I need a good Sega Rally fix in VR!

Robocop looks amazing, I'm playing it in VR for sure.

Almost every big release has had a recent and good VR mod. And now this!

RE4, Cyberpunk...Can't wait to play more.

I'll test more games today, but it's absolutely fantastic and quite easy to use. Looks a lot more complex on the videos because they just quickly scroll through the options.
Several companion apps are releasing at the same time which will only improve the experience further (like auto update of the injector, auto select settings profiles, etc)

I feel this really delivers on the VR fantasy, playing actual good games fully immersed, not bullshit "VR experiences".

And it's only day 0 so far, this will only improve and improve as time goes by :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Klik

This is game changer for VR. I just tried Squad in VR and it was amazing. Yes its not perfect but it will only get better from here. This right here could mark of start of golden age for VR. In few years it will be incredible, imagine every UE5 game playable in VR

kungfuian

Praydog, if you're out there listening, you are doin God's Work, and I have subbed to your Patreon! What's next? Unity?

This kind of stuff (like Luke Ross's work, Dolphin VR, and 3dSEN and all the VR mods before it) is what makes gaming on PC so great! Sure I end up tinkering as much as playing, but damn is it so cool to see regular games get the VR treatment. I'm particularly excited by all the 3rd person stuff we'll be able to play. Love the diorama style perspective so much and really want to try Sack Boy, Little Nightmares 1 and 2, Pumpkin Jack, and maybe some metroidvanias if there are any!

Only issue is my OG 2070 Super PCVR set up is getting a little long in the tooth and I might need to accelerate upgrading to a 4090 rig this year. Between this, Meta 3, and PSVR 2, it's such a fun time to be an enthusiast VR gamer. I can't wait to dive in!

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Kalth Streil has been hard at work on a repo for UEVR profiles / plugins. You can login with Steam, add tags to games and it auto pulls info about the game from Steam.

RaiPal will connect to Flat2VRDB to show you what games you own, tags from the repo and auto download the best profiles.

Nice, getting easier and it's only out for a few hours

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
A mod made to work in conjunction with UEVR completely overhauling the MW5 cockpits and hud (not all mechs supported yet, about 50%) and a look at another popular UE game that works pretty good out of the box (with the right options, remember you don't have to try and make every game work exactly like that, for other games it's impossible without further modding so you may be better off using settings like the 3DOF control which feels kind of like playing shooters on Wii while fully immersed inside them, not with full VR controls but still fun and engaging in its own way).

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: GHG

Minsc

Gold Member
Mech Warrior 5 in VR sounds like some real next level stuff, you always imagine driving/racing/flight sim games, but hardly ever Mech sim games! Must be pretty cool feeling like you're controlling a life sized mech from the inside.

Techies

Ok Soul Calibur 6 is also really good in VR. So far the fighting genre has been one of th most interesting in VR thus far. They have cool stages, cool characters and cool animations.

What's better than witnessing a cool fight scene in VR and having full access to the camera.

Most fighting games are locked at 60fps. But if you run them with 120hz ssw in VD, then like magic you have a 120fps fighting game.

Last edited:

hlm666

Ok Soul Calibur 6 is also really good in VR. So far the fighting genre has been one of th most interesting in VR thus far. They have cool stages, cool characters and cool animations.

What's better than witnessing a cool fight scene in VR and having full access to the camera.

Most fighting games are locked at 60fps. But if you run them with 120hz ssw in VD, then like magic you have a 120fps fighting game.
If you get any modern mortal kombat games going let us know how the fatalities look ;)

Techies

If you get any modern mortal kombat games going let us know how the fatalities look ;)
Unfortunately only Mortal Kombat 1 works with UEVR and it works poorly.

It's going to require some modder intervention, if it worked perfectly then I would of probably bought it already. That was before the UEVR release and haven't seen much discussion/solutions yet.

Techies

That's a shame, fingers crossed it becomes possible in the future.
Me too, I hope the combination of it being open source and the mod community someone will come up with a brilliant plan to fix it. Until then I with all the releases and games that are working perfectly or close to, people would rather focus on those first.

Nothing is stopping the actual Mortal Kombat 1 developers from giving a VR implementation a go themselves though. It does seem achievable if the technical issues could be sorted.

It's just that the Tekken 8 devs would have a much easier time, it works so well that to a degree I would believe they might of had VR back in the mind.

Does this allow for any of teleportation movement to a game that otherwise wouldn't support it natively?

Try as I might, I simply cannot move in VR without teleportation.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It seems a bit janky, but it will improve significantly over time. I've found another reason not to sell my Quest 2. Thank you Praydog, whoever you are.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Does this allow for any of teleportation movement to a game that otherwise wouldn't support it natively?

Try as I might, I simply cannot move in VR without teleportation.
I had quite bad sickness with VR for years and without any prior notice my VR legs suddenly appeared and now I'm okay. The only thing I can think that helped was moving from Quest 2 to Quest 3. I think the massive improvement in visual clarity helped.

Techies

MK1 had a free weekend. Played around with it on the new UEVR nightly build.

There were some game ruining visual bugs, but I tried various settings from other games and found settings that fixed them.

All that remains is shadows and lighting that differs from eye to eye.

But Mortal Kombat 1 in VR works now.

30 fps ingame cutscenes unfortunately don't translate well in VR. There's a mod out there that enables 60fps, but it's cursed, more so in VR.

Techies

Found a way to make the shadow and lighting match, although I had to remove the Rtx Global Illumination.
There's just so many games playable now in VR it's becoming actually absurd.

I see Pacific Drive is getting a lot of love in VR atm. More games keep popping up each day, it's overwhelming in how many different worlds you can just jump into.

Last edited:
Top Bottom