• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the Flops of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the digital version didn't do well either
Are we talking monthly sales for Jan? It only had a week to do that

And again back to the game being impossible to find, anecdotally I tried for a week before going for a digital version. I doubt I'd be the only one.

The fact it sold out everywhere means it is at least selling what it is shipping. Can we really call a game a flop if it's selling what the publisher has made available?

Floody

Only for the visuals.

it was a dire game to play.

That is the point

The MP was amazing, 1 of the best you'll find on the PS3. it's SP had exceptionally good A.I and hit detection for the time too, hell even good by modern standards, the only bad thing was Rico and the story was meh.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Only for the visuals.

it was a dire game to play.

That is the point

Of course not "only for the visuals". Haven't people learned not to make these sweeping kind of generalizations?

I liked the gameplay as well, probably one of my favorite games last gen.

Were they really wrong? We have the PS4 top 10 and yakuza wasn't there or on the digital lists. So it did good in japan but flopped in the west

Wat. So I guess you think there's only a handful of indie successes?

Success is determined by expectations going in and there's absolutely no chance Sega expected Yakuza 0 to chart in the PS4 top 10. If they had, it wouldn't have sold out anywhere.

And lol at all the crow being served. The worst part about those posts is it's not like this reception came out of nowhere, previews and impressions have been really positive from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom