• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what your top 5 games of 2024 will be and we'll see how accurately it turned out a year from now

Little Mac

Gold Member
Prince of Persia Lost Crown
Unicorn Overlord
No Rest For The Wicked (2024?)
Silk Song?
Shinobi?
Star Wars Outlaws?

Those are what I’m looking forward to the most.

Sold my Series S and got a PS5 Slim. Sadly, Im kinda meh on the PS5 exclusives announced so far for 2024 but I have a lot of old titles to catch up on. Also bought FFVII Remake Intergrade for like $16 and need to beat that before getting excited for FFVII Rebirth.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Did this a year ago and let's do it again:

I correctly predicted 2 of the 5. Tears of the Kingdom and Resident Evil 4 Remake.

For 2024 I'm going to say...

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Dragon's Dogma 2
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Hellblade 2

Honorable mentions: if Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake makes it in the 2024 window, it's definitely going to bump one of those 5 games out of there. There's no confirmation it's a 2024 release though, so not going to include it. Also Suikoden 1 and 2 Remaster. Both are two of my favorite games ever, but they're merely remasters, so I'm going to leave them out. If Metroid Prime 4 comes out in 2024, it'll definitely be in my top 5 as well, but no indication it's coming out any time soon.

Once again.....all sequels. The industry needs new IP's

Tunned

My list failed terribly last year, 3 of the 5 games I listed did not release this year, so here it goes again:

The Plucky Squire
Tempest Rising
Hollow Night Silksong
No rest for the Wicked
Assetto Corsa 2

Roberts

Sorry for doing more than 5. I just want to see this in a year and laugh about it.

Hades 2 - 10/10
Towerborne 9/10
Awoved - 8/10
Star Wars: Outlaws - 8/10
Dragon's Dogma 2 - 8/10
Space Marine 2 - 8/10
Prince of Persia: TLC - 8/10
Pacific Drive - 8/10
Hellblade 2 - 7.5/10
Banishers - 7.5/10
Wukong - 7/10
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - 7/10

Sensei

I was right for about 2/5 last year (Alan Wake II and Totk). I hope to do better in 2024.
Anyway, these are my top 5 for next year, in no particular order:
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong
  • Metaphor: Re Fantazio
  • Unicorn Overlord

Isa

• Dragons Dogma 2
  • Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Metaphor
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink

Possible titles to make the list, some depending if they release next year.

• Dragon Quest 3 HD2D
  • Shiren The Wanderer
  • Eiyuden Chronicle
  • Octopath Traveler 2(Xbox since I waited)
  • Trails Through Daybreak
  • Fantasy Life I
  • Arisen Force Vonimir
  • Atelier Resleriana
  • Cry into the Void
  • Suikoden Remasters
  • Decapolice
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Mechwarrior 5 Clans
  • Princess Peach game

There are so many more as well its insane, not to mention all of the games I'll by that I don't expect to make the list but enjoy. For me 2024 is possibly the biggest in my life which is great haha. Now to find the time...
Time Clock GIF by MOODMAN
dumb and dumber time GIF

I have 2 that I know will be good:

FF7 Rebirth
Shadow of the Erdtree

I have too many 2023 games to play so I'm not thinking about next year much.

Zero_Karisma

Neo Member
1. Crimson Desert (think this is 3rd year in a row it’s been on my most anticipated)
2. Phantom Blade Zero
3. Project LLL
4. Dragons Dogma 2
5. Hollow Knight 2
6. Rise of the Ronan
7. Death Stranding 2
8. No Rest For the Wicked
9. Hades 2
10. Helldivers 2

If I thought GTA6 was going to release next year and Factions 2 was going to release at all they’d be at the top of my list.

Reactions: Isa

flying_sq

Games coming out in 2024?
I'm only interested in Space Marine 2, unless FF7 Rebirth comes to PC next year. Even then I probably won't play it for a year or so

Camreezie

Hogwarts Legacy
Jedi Survivor
Spiderman 2
Resident Evil 4
Stellar Blade
Resident Evil 4, Spiderman 2 and Jedi Survivor were all good. Hogwarts i found disappointing and Stellar Blade didnt even release.

Next year im hoping it'll be
- Tekken 8
- Like A Dragon : Infinite Wealth
- Death Stranding 2
- Rise of the Ronin
- Silent Hill 2 Remake

Last edited:
So far something like this, sure it will change as things reveal/release.
  • Halo's Tatanka (if it makes next year)
  • Prince of Persia
  • Hellblade II
  • Star Wars Dark Forces remaster / Star Wars Outlaws (maybe)
  • Avowed

Paper Mario 2 - this game HOLDS up, so I just hope Nintendo doesn't go overboard with the "QOL" improvements, ruining it like Majora's Mask 3D.
Rise of the Ronin - Loved Nioh 2. I just hope this game isn't too much Assassin's Creed and Team Ninja takes more note of Elden Ring... please.
Hellblade 2 - I enjoyed the first game. Not sure they can replicate the same feel with a higher budget...
Prince of Persia - You know, the demo I played was very fun - like a more dynamic Metroid Dread.
Shinobi - I hope this comes out soon, it's been a while since Streets of Rage 4 no? I trust this team.

If Shinobi doesn't come out... giving a honorable mention to Alone in the Dark. Even though my mind knows that this will not be good, my heart still hopes for a fun quirky RE clone.

Last edited:

T0minator

Tekken 8
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Helldivers 2
Concord (I hope it's a fun FPS game)
Wolverine (if it's not in 2024, I'll go with Silent Hill 2)

Bro, if they could remake RE1 in the 2-4 remake style, and exercise restraint to where every single indiviual zombie encounter is meaningful, that would be a dream.

RE4 Remake is probably my favorite game of 2023, but by the end, you're taking on waves of 20 enemies, and that wouldn't work for RE1.
I feel exactly the same man!

2024 is a rough year for my tastes. Super disappointed that neither GTA 6 nor Wolverine will make it that year. All I’m left with is Avowed, Hellblade II, STALKER 2, AC Red. Those are potentially some pretty good games, but not the kind of banger list I’d hope for. I think it’s a great year for fans of Japanese games though.

Last edited:

Blindy

For me:

1) Persona 3 Remake
2) Spirit Hunter: Death Mark 2
3) Elden Ring DLC
4) SMT: Metaphor re Fantazio(If that is even coming out in 2024)
5) Penny's Big Breakaway

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
No Rest for the Wicked
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
Avowed
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Replaced

Looks to be a good year for fantasy games.

Top Bottom