• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Obama uses his anger translator, Luthor, at the correspondent’s dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I like how he made the joke for Trump just be the mention of his name. No need for a followup barb. Such disregard, ice cold.

And that Senate democrat joke. Ha!

Key and Peele have the fine distinction of being the only former MadTv cast members to ever do anything relevant after that show.

The mix reaction among the audience is hilarious. You have people laughing their ass off and others that look pissed the fuck off.

f7TLVLQ.png

Vyer

Usually the only people impersonating journalists on CNN are journalists on CNN

Lol

Whoever the camera was on for that joke wasn't too happy

jackal27

Banned
Please watch that entire video. Holy cow that was amazing, hahaha. End of term Obama dishing out that salt in barrels tonight.

cameron

Trump managed to crack a smile. Blitzer did not.

Obama's set was great. I never heard of Cecily Strong until today. She had some seriously brutal jokes. Obama's reaction to the bellboy/secret-service joke said it all.

Permanently A

That's pretty hilarious.

Watching Cecily Strong's bit.

"Let's give it up for the Secret Service. Yeah. I don't want to be too hard on [the Secret Service], you know? 'cause they're the only law enforcement agency in the country that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot."

I said goddamn.

Holy fuck this burns like, hundreds of thousands of people. Its incredible.

Monocle

No way. I can't believe this happened.

Obama added a nice big boulder to his mountain range of cool points.

Ezalc

Both addresses, the Bush and Obama, were amazing. That pray 5 times a day, bucket list, and the nailed it were so good. Glad to see a sense of humor from them.

Jzero

No fucking way. I saw the thumbnail and i'm like "this video is old already"
I can't believe this is real life.

"Let's give it up for the Secret Service. Yeah. I don't want to be too hard on [the Secret Service], you know? 'cause they're the only law enforcement agency in the country that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot."

I said goddamn.

Obama said that?

This was actually an accident - the person booking the entertainment fell for Colbert's schtick and assumed he was a conservative comedian. They hired him thinking he would go easy on Bush.

The media reaction from back then is hilarious because they all slammed Colbert for being so blunt and disrespectful, which just goes to show you that political journalists are the biggest-headed group of blowhards and sourpusses out there.

Laz-E-Boy

Oh wow, ok Obama!

I said goddamn.

OMG

IDABIul.gif

forms

This was nothing short of amazing. Stuff like this makes me wish I was an American, however naive that may be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom