• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey for the Gods |KS| Survival against giant creatures, PC/PS4/XB1

Oh good, this thread is going to be System Shock part 2 isn't it.
I don't know why people are treating how post as stupid. My PC hasn't been working too well recently so I'm not dropping the $25 either until we get closer to the pledge. This is a discussion board, it's okay to voice an opinion.

That being said, I'll probably wimp out and drop the $15 in the last few days if it's short of funding, I'd rather this exist than not.

Kindekuma

Banned
This game looks rad as hell, I hope the project exceeds the initial backing amount.

No PS4 support, no pledge.

I know there is a Stretch Goal but it is stupidly far away.

Well instead of port begging and complaining, why not back the game and help the project reach that stretch goal?

bobawesome

Fuck, I wish I could back this, but I can't even back System Shock at this point.

Port begging is fucking stupid.

Whining about port begging when it's not port begging is fucking stupid.
Did you even bother to look at the Kickstarter page? There's a console stretch goal.

Dascu

Kind of annoyed because it's so similar to something that I'm working on.

Best of luck to the project and team of course. It looks really great. Very curious to know what their system is for climbing and collision detection on the colossi. From my experience it's a total headache.

D-Man

I remember seeing this a year ago or so. I love the heavy SotC vibes I get from it.

Will back this when I get paid.

Best of luck to the project and team of course. It looks really great. Very curious to know what their system is for climbing and collision detection on the colossi. From my experience it's a total headache.
I think your game's gothic-y nightmarescape and the low poly look gives it enough of a unique flavor to stand out from either

Tntnico

I want to back this game so baad !! But I don't have PC good enough to run that so I have to wait for the $600K strech goal

Mdk7

Looks really really cool, I might support it.
I actually would back it NOW, if only it featured more than 5 bosses.
I'll think about it.

Looks really really cool, I might support it.
I actually would back it NOW, if only it featured more than 5 bosses.
I'll think about it.
There are other enemies too and it's a small indie team. One should always keep team size and scope in mind.

Raybunny

Kickstarter is not an investment site but a donation site and taking that into consideration, the past atrocities delivered made me back off totally from it.

Regarding a SOCT successor, 300k is quite humble in my eyes. a few bosses, exploration, a vast land/island, composers, full time developers etc...sounds good?

(I say humble but I could live 15 years with that money if not invested at all.)

Either way their "why kickstarter" and "risk" is a little bland and generated some concerns. I sent them a message asking more details about the budgeting if possible.

edit:words

Mdk7

There are other enemies too and it's a small indie team. One should always keep team size and scope in mind.

Yes, absolutely.
But I can't help but feel that a game like this would absolutely benefit from having more bosses than 5... Also because what they showed seems really promising.

Yes, absolutely.
But I can't help but feel that a game like this would absolutely benefit from having more bosses than 5... Also because what they showed seems really promising.
Oh definitely, but that takes time. And unless they get super funded, I imagine they'd prefer to release a manageable game in a reasonable amount of time than try to make a game with like 10 bosses in 7 years or something.

Because then you end up like Rain World; they've been working on the game for 5, almost 6 years, and crunching like crazy in recent months, but hey, it has an ecosystem with like 30+ different species

Well they're sitting at $70,000, and I'm pretty sure the first day hasn't actually ended yet. Feels like a comfortable enough start, though I'd rather not have another nailbiter to follow.

I'm really tempted to back since SotC is a classic... I dunno, we'll see. I also really don't like projects where you can pay to put yourself into the actual game - I think that your name in the credits should be as far as it goes.

Muh immersion.

Sendero

Looks pretty interesting, and right on my alley.
Doubt the release date though. More like late 2018.

Also, for those wondering about the "Elite" Grappling hook:
"Elite" items are for the most part visual looks that will have a small tweak to game play. EVERYONE will get to use a grappling hook. However, the "Elite" will be a bit fancier and will have a small stat tweak. It won't break game play or make the game any easier.

Will back for sure.

Dascu

Looks pretty interesting, and right on my alley.
Doubt the release date though. More like late 2018.

Also, for those wondering about the "Elite" Grappling hook:

Will back for sure.

How on earth do you give a stat tweak to a grappling hook though?

I've pledged $25, but if this doesn't look like it's going to hit the $600k console stretch goal I think I may rescind my pledge. Will keep a close eye to see how it goes.

killroy87

Looks good, I'll definitely pick it up when and if it releases. Burned on too many Kickstarters though.

And lol at that 1070 reward, that's super weird.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I backed this. $15 isn't much (even with the pound dropping) and the game looks good so far. Hopefully there'll be more than 5 bosses, either through meeting stretch goals or later updates. Optimistic of them to have the stretch goals going up to $1m though.

Luigiv

Oh cool, backed.

Normally I just pledge whatever is the bare minimum for the game itself, but this time I went the next tier up. $15 dollars feels like too little, given the trailer footage (plus I don't mind helping out a little more to give this project just that little extra boost).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn this game looks great but not sure I have the cash to pledge at the moment. Will keep an eye on it and may drop some money near the end of the campaign.

NesFe

Backed for Legion edition ! The world needs more games like SOTC.

What is the name of the game you're working on ? I'm always interested in games like the one in this thread.

Beat me to it. Been following this game since the reveal. Love the creature design

tKB8nYj.gif

I hope they work on the animations some more. This looks so stiff and cheap. Both the beast and the protag.

joe2187

Banned
I think the first boss creature moves a lot better. Check out trailer 1.

I thought it was supposed to be intentional, it reminded me of that (WHY WAS IT CANCELELD?) Double Fine game that paid homage to the stop motion animation of clash of the titans and Jason and the Argonauts.

NesFe

i know about Death gambit (great looking game), but this is my first time hearing about The Godbeast so thanks for the link.

it was really cool seeing the dev blog showing game progress and mechanics in gif form ^^. it looks super promising so I'm definitely keeping my eyes on it.

This looks incredible but 300k doesn't sound like nearly enough to make a game of this scope. Those are super detailed environments and models and a team of 6 is gonna be hard pressed to finish 75 percent of it on that kind of salary. This looks like a recipe for creep and missed deadlines

Top Bottom