• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: Lost Crown Roadmap Announced - Story DLC Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
GIj_bmOWEAANecx

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh cool, the game is on sale for $30 until the 28th. When the demo released, I’m pretty sure I said something like “I’d pay $30 for this game, but not $50.” So time to put up or shut up, I guess.

I’ll grab this game when I get home later today. While I don’t give a shit about the story or characters, the gameplay and controls of the demo were absolutely phenomenal. It felt almost as smooth as something like Metroid Dread.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Actually before I buy this game, does anyone know if it has the usual “Ubisoft padding”? HLTB has the game at roughly 16 hours, which seems long for a Metroidvania. I’m not super interested in getting the game if there’s going to be a point where I hit a wall and have to do a bunch of Ubisoft bullshit. Anyone know how the pacing is throughout the game? A AzekZero Deerock71 Deerock71 ?

Puscifer

Actually before I buy this game, does anyone know if it has the usual “Ubisoft padding”? HLTB has the game at roughly 16 hours, which seems long for a Metroidvania. I’m not super interested in getting the game if there’s going to be a point where I hit a wall and have to do a bunch of Ubisoft bullshit. Anyone know how the pacing is throughout the game? A AzekZero Deerock71 Deerock71 ?
I mean that's half as long as hollow Knight fwiw

Dacvak

I mean that's half as long as hollow Knight fwiw
I feel like it’s kind of unfair to compare it to Hollow Knight. Though, tbh, I thought HK could be trimmed down some, too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
game is sooooo fucking good but it was in dire need of a boss rush mode

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Oh cool, the game is on sale for $30 until the 28th. When the demo released, I’m pretty sure I said something like “I’d pay $30 for this game, but not $50.” So time to put up or shut up, I guess.

I’ll grab this game when I get home later today. While I don’t give a shit about the story or characters, the gameplay and controls of the demo were absolutely phenomenal. It felt almost as smooth as something like Metroid Dread.

Yeah for $30 Ill bite

....and toss it on the backlog

Videogames.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Story DLC will always be weird to me for games that have no replay value. Why should I buy and play the game now instead of waiting later in the year, get it cheap and with all those extra features and story? At least games like ER/CP2077/etc. have huge replay values, this one does not.

No Steam, no buy

It's one of the most stupidly bizarre things Ubisoft has done in recent times, assuming there's no deal with Epic preventing them launching day 1 simultaneously.

If you don't want to pay 30% to Valve, and circumvent it via alternatives, fine. But what's the alternative to the massive storefront like Steam, it's installed based and features? Certainly not EGS, even if they offer to take under 10% margins.

Now when you launch this and a host of other of your (then) back catalogue of games released this year and last year, in say 2025, on steam like you recently did with your old games, they're not gonna move much as they do at launch, and the cycle repeats itself.

Just a waste of resources, money left on the table, fragmenting the potential target audience and eventually they lose interest and the sale.

One of the worst marketing decisions they've taken in recent times, and they're reaping what they've sowed with this game, despite being really really good as the press and the players themselves day, it hasn't even done decent numbers on PC.

T4keD0wN

Its been a while since ive last seen a boss rush mode, very excited for that since ive absolutely loved some of the boss fights here. Hopefully we will be able to pick seperate fights too.

phant0m

You won’t regret, game is good. IMO Ubi’s best game in many years.

Vyse

Gold Member
Free is super cool, but speed run and permadeath don’t really interest me. New amulets and story later in the year sound great.

Kruza

Really interested to try out Permadeath mode. Also looking forward to New Challenges and Story content that release later this year.

I don't understand who will still be playing this game months from now. It took me about five days to essentially platinum it. It was a fantastic experience, but it's a one and done.

Who is keeping this sort of thing around to play some random DLC four months from now?

Kruza

The first DLC update released earlier today. It's about 9.8 GB in size.

Permadeath and Speedrun feature modes are now available along with The Warrior Within outfit.

Kruza

Saw another 8.25 GB update release a couple hours ago. I don't know what's been added here as of yet.

Top Bottom