• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Lost Crown Is Ubisoft’s Best User-Rated Game On Metacritic

Don Carlo

From Source:

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown shows a user score of 9.3/10 on the platform. Compared to major Ubisoft hits, this score is significantly higher. Recently, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora became Ubisoft’s best-rated game among modern releases.

However, it still ended up falling behind major hits like Assassin’s Creed 2 and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Looking at the scores, the following are some of Ubisoft’s best-rated games on Metacritic by user scores.

• Assassin’s Creed 2 – 8.8/10
  • Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – 8.4/10
  • Assassin’s Creed 4 – 8.2/10
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory – 8.8/10
  • Far Cry 3 – 8.4/10
  • Rayman Legends – 8.8/10
  • Prince of Persia Sands of Time – 8.7/10

Despite the gaming giant’s rich legacy, we have been unable to find many Ubisoft games rated 9/10 or higher by user scores, so Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown beats past games by a fair margin.

Personally played this and gotta say, it's a gem. Wonderful what Ubisoft can do when it's not focusing on the same, old, formulaic stuff à la Far Cry, etc.

xrnzaaas

It's probably gonna go down when more reviews are added. Not that I'm butthurt or something, but AC2, SC Chaos Theory or Rayman are INCREDIBLE games and they deserve very high scores.

ZoukGalaxy

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

His ugly hairstyle knocks off a point or two. Not my prince.
This. It's plain ridiculous and fugly.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Good thing the protagonist in Lost Crown isn't the prince. He's saving the Prince. It's been in every trailer since the beginning. Once again...

giphy.gif
Wooow….. How was I supposed to know a game with the title “The Prince of Persia” doesn’t even star the prince this time around??? I should have never skipped over the trailer to miss out such important plot points of a modern Ubisoft game that apparently isn’t broken in some form or another. This absolutely changes everything and I should forgive the concept artist responsible for such hair design sins.

This is how they would sell more copies of the game.

Wooow….. How was I supposed to know a game with the title “The Prince of Persia” doesn’t even star the prince this time around???
You would have known in the first few seconds of nearly every trailer where he states "I'm here to save the Prince" quite vocally. If you know of this game enough to come into the thread and complain, then you've probably watched the trailer, or read a review, or watched a youtube video, or even just looked at the game's page. The literal setup of the story is spoiled within seconds no matter where you look. It's not even an 'important plot point' like you're stating, it's the beginning of the game.

Regardless, they're doing a 'Legend of Zelda' where the protagonist is going to save the person who's name is on the title.

Also, I hope I don't blow your mind here, but this guy...

bqev7n7zjdm51.png

...is also not a prince. He's a random thief. If anything, you should be more mad at PoP 2008 because there was not even a prince who was present and instead it was a princess. But I guess this new form of criticism doesn't work retroactively because 'those were the good old days' 🤷‍♂️

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I heards its a good challenging metroidvania. Im prolly gonna get it as well, but Infinite Wealth releasing in 2 days so prolly after that.

AREYOUOKAY?

You would have known in the first few seconds of nearly every trailer where he states "I'm here to save the Prince" quite vocally. If you know of this game enough to come into the thread and complain, then you've probably watched the trailer, or read a review, or watched a youtube video, or even just looked at the game's page. The literal setup of the story is spoiled within seconds no matter where you look. It's not even an 'important plot point' like you're stating, it's the beginning of the game.

Regardless, they're doing a 'Legend of Zelda' where the protagonist is going to save the person who's name is on the title.

Also, I hope I don't blow your mind here, but this guy...

bqev7n7zjdm51.png

...is also not a prince. He's a random thief. If anything, you should be more mad at PoP 2008 because there was not even a prince who was present and instead it was a princess. But I guess this new form of criticism doesn't work retroactively because 'those were the good old days' 🤷‍♂️
Actually I liked reboot PoP.

1. He didn’t look like hot garbage.
2. He earned the right to be called that. I liked Aladdin so what’s not to like about that concept? This “Princess of Persia” is far less embarrassing than the one you’ve described for this game.
3. The game itself didn’t look like a low budget shovelware at the time. Unfortunately it was ignored which is why they can’t afford good graphics anymore.

Your “UMM ACTUALLY” does you no good this time around.

Top Bottom