• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Xbox Live Thread

cja

So, how much interest is there in a GAF cup, league or just friendly matches?

The game is out in a matter of days on the Xdude. Reply with gamertag and your thoughts on the best way to organise a competition, if there is enough interest.

gamertag -- cja64

cja

WooHoo! A reply already while most of Europe is sleeping and only two cuss words, bonus.

You can always "acquire" (legally through the likes of gameplay.com or game.net who'll ship abroad) the PC version of PES4 for online play in the next week or two Socreges. The online implementation is welcome to a decade ago stuff though. You have to manually input an IP address which must be fun with the abundance of routers, private networks and different firewalls nowadays. If you're gagging for it and already have others to play with it is an option. Eurogamer review here.

Konami Europe have said that the Xbox version of PES4 will not be compatible with non-PAL Xboxes so it does look like playing with North America depends on Winning Eleven 8's Xbox release next spring and its implementation of Live.

Socreges

Banned
cja said:
WooHoo! A reply already while most of Europe is sleeping and only two cuss words, bonus.

You can always "acquire" (legally through the likes of gameplay.com or game.net who'll ship abroad) the PC version of PES4 for online play in the next week or two Socreges. The online implementation is welcome to a decade ago stuff though. You have to manually input an IP address which must be fun with the abundance of routers, private networks and different firewalls nowadays. If you're gagging for it and already have others to play with it is an option. Eurogamer review here.
Hm, I'll look into that, thanks.

Konami Europe have said that the Xbox version of PES4 will not be compatible with non-PAL Xboxes so it does look like playing with North America depends on Winning Eleven 8's Xbox release next spring and its implementation of Live.
Spring? :\ Have they been more specific? March perhaps?

And yeah, I hope NA can play PAL. Your side would have the best (and most) players.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I was going to pick it up (already have the PS2 version) but my only PAL xbox is modded so id most likely get banned and end up with a useless £40 game.

shoplifter

cja said:

That is SUPER fucking weak.

Solid

http://uk.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=45

Xbox Live Update for Pro Evolution Soccer 4 available mid January

Dear Konami fans, while everyone is looking towards Xmas, our Japanese developers are still working hard to create an update for Pro Evolution Soccer 4:

The PES 4 Xbox Update will be available on Xbox Live mid January. It will reduce lag during online gameplay, and amongst other things penalise players who cheat by disconnecting before the end of a game.Further details will be announced in January!

cja

The Patch was finally put out today! :)

I haven't been able to update yet but according to the evo-web forums you're awarded a 3-0 win if the other player disconnects. Unfortunately despite the net-code being tweaked there are still plenty of reports of lag :(

Tag: Radioheadrule

I probably suck but I've only lost once so far. And that's because I let someone else play the first half... honest! Bring it on foo's!

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
I'll add you radiohead as soon as I can be assed to go into the dashboard. Stupid fucking pro not letting you add friends within the game.

Solid

I got the Xbox-version today (yeah late... got tired of playing offline on PS2) :p

Anyway, I'll add Bowser and cja later today. To play with the Controller-S feels different.

Top Bottom