• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer for Wii coming in March (PR)

fresquito

So Maste LEague has been been dropped. Don't really understand why they had to drop it when it's already done on other versions, but well. Now I only hope the online play works well.

ksamedi

IGN said:
with such untold control in your hands a whole different skill set is required, and after the relative disappointment of the Xbox 360 and PS3 incarnations, Pro Evolution 2008 on the Wii looks to be the first truly next-generation offering from the series.

Sounds awesome.

RJT

With the Wii having 15/40 of UK software charts, this can be a huge success. I certainly hope so, it look amazing!

ksamedi

RJT said:
With the Wii having 15/40 of UK software charts, this can be a huge success. I certainly hope so, it look amazing!

If the controls are hard to learn then it could lead to a bad word of mouth. It all depends, the Wii version could also be perceived as the new version of PES because of its release date.

fresquito

ksamedi said:
If the controls are hard to learn then it could lead to a bad word of mouth. It all depends, the Wii version could also be perceived as the new version of PES because of its release date.
Well, complicated controls was always am argument of PES fans to defend their game as the most realistic. So as long as people get the hang of it, word of mouth can only be good.

RJT

ksamedi said:
Not if the controls are as good as that preview indicates...
I mean, he says "We only managed to squeeze in a handful of games but at the end of our short acquaintance we were already getting a feel for the new style".

Konami needs to convince people not to give up easily. If anything, i think reviews and word of mouth can only help.

ksamedi

RJT said:
Not if the controls are as good as that preview indicates...
I mean, he says "We only managed to squeeze in a handful of games but at the end of our short acquaintance we were already getting a feel for the new style".

Konami needs to convince people not to give up easily. If anything, i think reviews and word of mouth can only help.

I hope so, I really want this series to succeed on the Wii, it could lead to other sports franchises wich I would love to see. I'm just a little sceptical because of the relative failure of Fifa 08 Wii even though there were clear reasons for its relative failure.

gimz

so when is this coming to the US?

edited:
Bluemercury said:
Whats the release date for Europe?March is for US right?
i see

anything that release on Wii in March in the US = sent to die

nightside

no master league? mmm..well..i wanna see exactly how the "normal" league works...btw the champions road sound pretty cool...it's something new at least...

this coul be a great game and a big hit on wii...furthermore this control style could fit into many different sports (basketball, for example) and could lead to a new wave of sport games n wii...cool cool...

fresquito

Championshipo Road indeed sounds good, but at the same time sounds like you would end up having the same team over and over again. I mean, this happens oftentimes playing master league :lol

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
"PES 2008 has barely left our Wii all week"

Not surprised. This won't leave my wii for a year.

fresquito

Jaded Alyx said:
A couple of videos here of actual matches being played.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=2949

Looks great in my opinion.
What pussies, playing on amateur and medium :lol

They could well've recorded some one on one footage. But well, it seems it's not that hard to control after all, even if the guy playing doesn't have much vision of football. He would lead players toward a point and then go to that point himself. He would make players run and then pass the ball to them in any case.

Wow, I just want to get my hands over this >_<

Looks pretty awesome in action. And it looks indeed like a lot of effort went into this game...I hope Konami and co are rewarded for it.

sphinx

the piano man
2 things came to my mind while reading this:

1) This effort makes me respect Konami a little more. For the Sony fanboys they are, seeing this kind of investment in another console is surprising, even more because it is a nintendo one. After Elebits and Dewy, anyone would have thought they would stop supporting the wii but with this PES project, it sort of proves that they won't give up on trying to attract the millions of wii gamers around the world that easily and that is the attitude I expect from a smart publisher.

2) This game has the small problem that konami can't count on the U.S to get good sales because Soccer isn't that popular, right? It's up to Japan and Europe. But Japan is so fucking reluctant to buy anything not " Wii ____ " or " Mario X ", I think there is little hope. People with high hopes should be looking at the PAL charts only.

Chimkey

Wow looks very impressive! i enjoyed fifa on the wii for what it was but was always annoyed at the lack of intelligent runs made by the ai, this fixes that and then some.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kudos to Konami for taking a real risk with the Wii version of PES, they could easily have just went for basic waggle with a PS2 up-port, this shows they are committed to the system, and of course, as long as it sells ok, we should get PES2009 at the same time as the other systems later in the year, lets hope it does well, I certainly will pick it up.

Ristamar

I hope this game delivers. I wasn't expecting much, and I have to wonder if these previews are full of shit, but I am starting to feel optimistic.

EDIT: No true Master League. FUCK. That's just lame.

After seeing the game in motion, I'd love for them to make a hybrid of this game and traditional Winning Eleven using remote+nunchuck, as the system for controlling off the ball players looks amazing! Finally, no more suffering stupid AI decisions.

masud

Banned
I willing to give this a try. I'm a huge sports fan but sports games have bored me to death for the last 10 years. I'm glad someone is finally trying something new.

fresquito

PowerSmell said:
After seeing the game in motion, I'd love for them to make a hybrid of this game and traditional Winning Eleven using remote+nunchuck, as the system for controlling off the ball players looks amazing! Finally, no more suffering stupid AI decisions.
Erms, Isn't it hat this game is?

Top Bottom