• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 2 |OT| Buggy Racing At The Four Seasons

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Also, is the default tire pressure in the pit strategy the same across all cars or does it change depending on what car you're driving?

yume_2501

So Im itching for a decent Sim racer and I was waiting for GTS to come out for comparison sake. How does PC2 compare to GTS for those who have both? Ive been a long time GT fan but there seems to be a lot of stuff about GTS that Im not thrilled about: always online, lack of rotating races, overwhelming emphasis on online, etc.

How do you guys think these two compare? Also I would be playing with a gamepad for the time being. I want to get a wheel but cant justify $600 for a wheel and chair set up anytime soon.

Personally, i say GTS hands down.
Just got a refund on PC2, a bugfest for me even with the last patch (PS4pro+ g27gimx) and buyed GTS (i am in love). PC2 tried to do too many things and probably that s the problem. The irony is that i ve buyed PC2 mainly for the offline carrer and had no intention to buy GTS (before the demo)

terrible

Banned
Just got a refund on PC2, a bugfest for me even with the last patch (PS4pro+ g27gimx) and buyed GTS (i am in love). PC2 tried to do too many things and probably that s the problem. The irony is that i ve buyed PC2 mainly for the offline carrer and had no intention to buy GTS (before the demo)

I'm playing and enjoying GT Sport but the gap in content between GT Sport and pCARS 2 is staggering. I guess GT Sport is more consistent with a controller but pCARS is unquestionably the better game and sim. GT Sport doesn't even have proper time trials lol. There's a top 10 leaderboard list and that's it. It doesn't have much going for it unless you are huge into online racing.

I ended up buying Assetto Corsa because its cheap, people say the patches have improved it a lot, and its cheap.

I think Im going to hold off on PC2 and GTS to see how they pan out long term. Hopefully the glitches get fixed with PC2 and GTS gets more content.

I ended up buying Assetto Corsa because its cheap, people say the patches have improved it a lot, and its cheap.

I think Im going to hold off on PC2 and GTS to see how they pan out long term. Hopefully the glitches get fixed with PC2 and GTS gets more content.

If you don't need a good career mode, you can't really go wrong with Assetto Corsa. Good choice!

Matchmaking is a no brainer. I've ended up starting a career just because I never seem to be in the mood to find a suitable lobby for me. Multiplayer really needs some structure. But I'm not keen it will happen in the short term, if ever.

I'd love matchmaking so much.

I watched the Inside Sim Racing review of GT Sport today and their praise of the online really almost sold it for me.

Doesn't help that the lobby browser only seems to show me very empty rooms.

So Im itching for a decent Sim racer and I was waiting for GTS to come out for comparison sake. How does PC2 compare to GTS for those who have both? Ive been a long time GT fan but there seems to be a lot of stuff about GTS that Im not thrilled about: always online, lack of rotating races, overwhelming emphasis on online, etc.

How do you guys think these two compare? Also I would be playing with a gamepad for the time being. I want to get a wheel but cant justify $600 for a wheel and chair set up anytime soon.

I have both, and i think GTS is unplayable with a pad, if you´re looking to go fast.

If you´re driving slowly then it´s kind of OK, but oversteering and correcting is damn near impossible.

Both games are hard to play on a controller. Thankfully i don´t have to endure this for Pcars because i have it on PC, so my wheel works.

To be honest there was a time i could play these types of games with a pad, but now i find most of them unplayable without the wheel. It´s tough to recommend because you would have to test each.

If you get a wheel, you should get both, Pcars will give you a good time and once the online is dead (like in two or three months) you can have some mild fun on GTS.

-------------

As for Pcars, we should do a Clio/TC race, considering many of us are on PC. These are fun little cars...

tLDYxhC.png

Hotlap Challenge #3

Formula Renault 3.5 @ Donington Park National

donr7oq9.gif

Run it however you'd like. All platforms/skill levels/aids/controllers are welcome. If you'd like to do a video or whatever, great.

Have fun, and good luck!

----------------------
Granted I haven't driven even close to all the cars, but this FR 3.5 is the best car I've driven in the game thus far. When the FFB, and chassis and tire physics are all working in harmony, PC2 can deliver a car that stands toe-to-toe with any sim out there. Here's your proof.

The combo is a good match giving such an awesome feeling of increased downforce the higher the speeds get.

My lap was not the greatest with messy sectors 2 and 3, but unlike the last challenge, at least I'll have plenty room for improvement during the week!
----------------------

Leaderboard web page

"Time Trial" mode.

1. 0:54.901 - seattle6418 // HEAVY setup changes
2. 0:54.939 - Betta Lines // no aids, default setup
3. 0:54.983 - markao (video) // PC, no aids, default setup
4. 0:56.160 - turtlesbonanza (Tails) // PC, wheel, authentic assists, custom setup
5. 0:56.199 - Big Takeover (video) // PC, wheel, no aids, default setup
6. 0:56.420 - TylerDurden4321 (video) // PC, wheel, no aids, custom setup
7. 0:56.459 - Makikou
8. 0:57.100 - FrankCanada97 (pic) // PC, gamepad, authentic assists on manual with auto-clutch and custom setup
9. 0:58.340 - Danowat // PS4, pad, TC, sc, abs, default stable setup
10. 0:58.060 - Uiki (pic) // PC - Gamepad, assists off, automatic clutch on, changed steering ratio and tyre pressure
11. 0:58.339 - ReDelicious // PC, Wheel, Authentic assists, upped rear downforce one notch through the race engineer
12. 0:58.559 - Dave_6 // PC, wheel, authentic assists, default setup
13. 1:00.459 - vacantseas // PC, controller, authentic aids
14. 1:05.958 - microtubule // PC, no aids, controller

----------------------
Feel free to participate and/or update your times from our previous challenges

Hotlap Challenge #1

Hotlap Challenge #2

Sorry I haven't updated the post in a few days. Been busy.

Today will be the last day of FR@Donington! I'll have a new challenge up tonight. I can say with 100% certainty it'll be Knockhill, however I just haven't made up my mind of which car fits best.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Are there any differences in the tires used for GT3 cars? I know in real life, the Continentals used for the IMSA GT3s are more harder than the Pirellis. There's also the Michelins that GT Open cars use. Are they just cosmetic with the liveries?

fresquito

Are there any differences in the tires used for GT3 cars? I know in real life, the Continentals used for the IMSA GT3s are more harder than the Pirellis. There's also the Michelins that GT Open cars use. Are they just cosmetic with the liveries?
You should check the name of the tyre in the telemetry. Tyres with different names have different properties.

Remember when I said that the Formula Rookie lift-off oversteer and on-throttle understeer must mean it has a too high center of gravity?

I calculated the CoG height now. My method was to look at the travel of the front springs under longer braking in the telemetry hud and record the longitudinal g with a telemetry app at the same time.

F(normal) = 2 {2wheels} * Spring rate [N/mm] / Travel [mm]
F(deceleration) = Longitudinal g [g] * earth acceleration [m/s²] * ( car mass [kg] + fuel mass [kg])

Then I measured the wheelbase visually using Photoshop and the the wheel diameter as reference.

F(normal) / F(deceleration) = CoG height / (wheelbase * front weight-distribution ratio )

==> CoGH = F(normal) * (wheelbase * front weight-distribution ratio ) / F(deceleration)

CoGH = 51.8 cm

Now there are several possible measuring errors, the biggest possible one being that pCARS doesn't display the spring travel on the z-axis but on the actual angle of the spring on the car, but I doubt this. Second error might be my guess of the wheel/rim diameter which suggested a wheelbase of 2.08m (the real Formula Ford 1600 has a wheelbase of exactly 2m), that would be error of 4% (corrected CoGH would be 49.7cm). Also the spring travel is only shown at 0.1cm precision, which adds another 5% error.

I still think my 51.8 cm can't be too far off the actual value. My result would put the CoG right here:
formularookiecoghzgure.jpg

[photo was taken from as far away as I could go in the showroom, then zoomed in to have the least amount of parallax]

Seems a bit high, doesn't it?

Edit: I wanted to address that I forgot to subtract the unsprung mass and also that the "curb weight" weight definition includes a full tank of fuel but no driver. Minus unsprung mass, minus 30l fuel but plus 75kg driver ... that about cancels itself out in a light car like this.

tLDYxhC.png

Hotlap Challenge #4

Ginetta G40 GT5 @ Knockhill International

2017-10-2021_05_44ceurr.gif

Run it however you'd like. All platforms/skill levels/aids/controllers are welcome. If you'd like to do a video or whatever, great.

Have fun, and good luck!

----------------------
Knockhill, it's why I bought PC2 in the first place, The place is a riot, and isn't officially in any of the mainstream sims. The Ginetta is a classic UK club car, so the combo is not only terrific fun, but legit.

For sure plenty of our forthcoming chat will be about the off-tracks. They aren't unfair, but they are strict. You're going to have good laps nullified. No worries though, the lap is less than a minute long. Just build up your knowledge bank of where the track limits are.

Pablo Lopez is currently P1 on the board, so let's go get him, boys!
----------------------

Leaderboard web page

"Time Trial" mode

1. 0:54.588 - Betta Lines // PC, no aids, default setup
2. 0:54.605 - Big Takeover (video) // PC, wheel, no aids, default setup
3. 0:56.790 - MJLord // controller, default setup
4. 0:56.962 - Spaceman Spiff // XB1, controller, authentic aids, default setup
5. 0:58.654 - Ravensmash // PS4 w/ pad - Manual w/authentic aids
6. 1:02.209 - Patrick S. (pic) // PC, wireless Xbox 360 controller, no aids, default setup

----------------------
Feel free to participate and/or update your times from our previous challenges

Hotlap Challenge #1

Hotlap Challenge #2

Hotlap Challenge #3

GHG

I love me some knockhill.

Now let's see if the wife objects to me getting the wheel out in the living room for the weekend...

Klocker

Xbox version is so bad I just put it on the back burner picked up F1 2017 for $42.

Will take another look when the X comes out. see what kind of enhancements they've added and if they fixed the driving with a controller.

it's so hit-or-miss I am frustrated beyond belief some cars drive wonderfully and others drive like a boat in a storm.

Mascot

From a recent post on GTP.
PLEASE tell me these aren't true:

1.) There is no way to type and communicate in a room unless you're driving. This was a bug in PC1 where the online lobby didn't work. And since there's a ”Timeout" function that automatically puts you back in the pits, you can no longer park on the side of the road for a while to type in the chatbox. (There seems to have been an attempt to fix this, but with all my game time it seems to only work ~10% of the time, and only in the practice session, never the Qualifying Session.)

2.) Replays still broken. Cars stuck on the grid, and still in the pits, even though they were finishing high in the race. Bug possibly has to do with players leaving in the middle of the race.

3.) Silverstone Classic is still broken. Assume that Hockenheim Classic is also broken. They had the same bugs in PC1 as Silverstone Classic. Need to test them out thoroughly. Basically what happened was that we practiced and qualified, and then started the race it literally raced all the way to the finish line, 15 feet in front of us. We didn't even get 1 lap in. The race went from the starting grid, to the starting line.

4.) Tracks without Pits: There are many tracks in the game that don't have pits. This inherently means that you can't have a Practice Session in multiplayer. I don't care if you have to create unrealistic pits, or if there's only 2 pit boxes, you have to do it! Otherwise any map without pits either won't be used, or will only be a short term gimmick.

5.) Invisible Walls are still in Project Cars. This bug has been in Project Cars 1 since day 1.

6.) Rejoining Lobbies: If you rejoin a multiplayer lobby after you quit / get disconnected, your time is wiped out. It needs to have the times saved to Steam Profile on the server. Similarly, you can't rejoin a lobby you get disconnected from, even if you start from the pits or take a time penalty and restart from the pits. This functionality is vital to have if you want PC2 to be used for Endurance races.

7.) There are certain tracks that give ”Cut Track" penalties when you are in the middle of the track. Circuit of the America's turn 1 is one example. Watkin's Glenn turn 1 is another. Algarve is another.

8.) Cut Track penalty system during passing is broken. If someone spins and / or lets you pass by significantly slowing down, the system thinks the passing car is ”cheating", and forces the passing car to give the spot back. Also, it forces you to give the numerical position back, but not necessarily forces you to give it back to the person you ”cheated." Assume that if / when this system activates at the right time, it'll still make you give back the position #, not the place to the correct driver.

9.) ”Cut Track" penalties are inconsistent, wrong, and illogical. They sometimes occur one lap, but not the next on the same line. Sometimes putting two wheels over the white line gives a cut track, other times going 4 wheels over does not, in the same exact spot.

10.) ”Cut Track" penalties give you 30 seconds to slow down and serve the penalty. This is so long that you can brake normally for the next corner and ”clear" the penalty. The system either needs to be cut severely in order to serve it (like down to 5 seconds) or needs better coding so that slowing down for a normal corner doesn't clear the penalty.

11.) In some tracks, the pit crew doesn't let you leave the pit box. There is a system in the game that prevents you from driving out of your box if there is a car approaching (which is good), but it seems to get tripped up by other cars in their pit boxes just sitting there. Even if the drivers are still in the menu.

12.) Tire System: The tire system is basically broken across all cars. Some cars actually go faster on Wet Tires than slicks in dry weather, and the tires don't overheat in a reasonable amount of time. Other tires don't build up any heat at all. Also, like in PC1, it is not justified to use Hard tires at any time over softs because Soft Tires don't wear off / degrade like they should.

13.) Slight damage to the front causes massive (unproportional) amount of radiator damage in the short and the long term. This is an old PCars 1 bug that was fixed for PCars 1.

14.) Visual Only damage is broken. While it resists damage and doesn't cause any problems while everything is attached, if you lose a part, that part is removed from the aerodynamic model. I.E. With Visual Only Damage, if you lose a wing or a foil, it should be that you have no handling issues, but it means you can no longer maneuver because the foil is gone from the aero model, too.

15.) The gears sometimes load up incorrectly, and trying to change them causes further bugs. Another Project Cars 1 bug (but not a PC1 day 1 bug).

16.) The functions required to properly steward a race are missing. I.E. We need the ability to assess penalties, and remove penalties. We need the ability to restart the count up and restart the race (in order to get people back in who D/C).
17.) If you accelerate time in Qualifying (in singleplayer), the AI outperform what they should by several seconds per lap.

18.) Double shifting, even TRIPLE SHIFTING is still in game. This is another Project Cars 1 Day 1 bug. Thankfully with down shift protection it has yet to grenade an engine of mine, but earlier today I shifted from 2nd straight to 5th gear.

19.) Hitting the right side mouse button immediately takes you back to the previous menu with no ”Are you sure?" prompts. The problem is that there are several places where it's vital to have the prompt. For example, I was hosting a MP session last night and twice accidentally hit it, which immediately dropped me back to the main menu. Because of this (and the inheriting a lobby bug), I had to restart the lobby several times to get the right options.

20.) Cars still crash and bump into each other in Automatic Rolling Start. The problem is that this gives you both damage (when you can't control it) AND time penalties.

21.) In no place at the main lobby for the race, or while monitoring, or while bringing up the times while monitoring, does it say what kind of car the person is racing, only the class of car. A small picture isn't good enough.

22.) Speeding in the pits during the race results in a DQ. It should result in a Stop and Go penalty.

23.) At no place in an online race past the main lobby does it actually show how many laps the race will be. See #1, an attempt was made to show the ”Online Lobby" during the race, but it doesn't show up the majority of the time.

24.) The recent performance of your tires (temperatures, temp gradients, final pressure) should show up in tuning, but doesn't. You literally can see the spot they are supposed to be in the set up, but it doesn't actually change.

25.) The pit stop limiter doesn't default as on when you start from your pitbox. (It does in every single other game. And combined with the fact that speeding in the pits results in DQ's, this is a bad oversight.)

26.) There are functions that can't be changed once a lobby has been created that could be changed in Project Cars 1. For example the selection to have ”Car Class", Multi-Class, or Identical cars to lobby host can not be changed.

27.) Lobbies sometimes get locked up and can't progress for no apparent reason. Furthermore people get stuck at the ”Ready Screen", unable to click the ”Ready" button, and get locked out. Cause still undetermined.

28.) If you get across the start line before the green light on a Rolling Start, it still counts the lap as having completed, but only STARTS the clock for that person's total race time once they cross for the next lap. Basically, if you jump the start line before the green light, even with the drivethrough penalty you'll come out ahead of those that did NOT jump the start line.

29.) There is no rewind function when on the ”Monitor" race section. I.E. Vital race steward functions are missing. (For example, a race steward needs to be able to rewind to an accident, cut track or other problem, figure out who's at fault, and assess penalties).

30.) The rating system is nice, but there is NO explanation given as to what points you got, and why you got them, and how to move up or down in the safety classes. There should be a box on the final splash screen that shows you your rating change. Or perhaps another screen that shows the points change for all the drivers.

31.) No matter what you do, the virtual mirror turns itself off everytime you go back to the pits. Also occasionally the HUD disappears, and no matter what you do, you can't get it back.

32.) When you go to the car selection screen, it reverts to the default screen instead of the last screen you used. I.E. If you want to select a car by class, you make your selection, and then go back, it's not still on the select by class screen.

33.) The end of race logic and server tracking is entirely broken. I just had a multi-class race where I was clear ahead (but in a slower class), not lapped, and when the leader crossed the starting line, I got a 5 second warning before the AI took over. I got sent to the splash screen, however the other drivers in the class DID NOT get sent to the splash screen, and continued to race. They eventually overtook me, and got the spot on the final leaderboard. Thankfully, when I saw the splash screen, it gave me my rating and didn't take it away once we went back to lobby.

34.) We've discovered another break in ”end of session" logic. Basically we were finishing up qualifying, and we got to finish our flying laps. People joined late. The session ended, we went to the qualifying results splash screen, but it didn't end for everyone. Some people (I assume late joiners, but I couldn't see because I was stuck on the splash screen) were able to leave the pits and drive out on the track as the rest of us were stuck waiting at the results. The session broke, we got stuck, and it never advanced for anyone.

(The bug may or may not be track related [Algarve], others reported something similar when they played earlier, but it got unstuck for them.)

35.) If you leave a server before you see the final splash screen, you are removed from the final results. This bug has been in since day 1 of Project Cars 1, and needs to be fixed.

36.) Jump start or even a questionable jump start in Rally Cross is immediate DQ. It should be a time penalty.

37.) You are unable to turn off assists in an active Time Trial session, even if it's unrealistic on a car.

38.) Basically if the lobby host leaves, and someone else takes over, the lobby automatically changes to that person's default or last settings, changing options that are not even available to change after you've started a lobby.

39.) There's an option that comes up during your cooldown lap that says something like ”Exit to pits in the Pause Menu." But if you hit the escape button, you don't see the option to go to pits. If you hit the Car Management menu, you don't see it there, either.

40.) AI behavior is good if you are in front or behind of them while in Multiplayer, but they don't recognize a car next to them unless they've been there for a long while, and often attempt to ram them.

41.) If an AI car gets damaged during the pace lap and ”decides" to pit to fix it, they do not hold their position and then enter the pits. Instead they go full speed for the race course to get to the pits, and damn anyone that gets in the way.

42.) Time Trial Leaderboards in game cannot be filtered by ”Class." Instead it shows ”All" cars. Also, it's missing ”All Cars" option.

43.) DRS still doesn't work the way it's supposed to. (I.E. Only available in certain zones on the track. And during the race it only activates 2-3 laps in AND only if you are within 1 second of the guy ahead of you.) If SMS is unwilling to do it right, it should be removed altogether. Or at least give us an option when creating a server to disable it.

44.) Got a ”Pit Box Full" error, but was able to pit and fix damage. Either the message was in error, or I shouldn't have been allowed to pit.

45.) AI's behavior isn't predictive. It's basically on rails. Let me give you an example. In one race last night I got damage early from AI's (see #3), and the car was difficult to control. At one point I spun out, and came to a stop right in the middle of the road. I saw an AI coming for me still a decent ways away. So I stayed still to allow the AI to go around me. The AI didn't brake, move to the left, or to the right. It plowed right into me, even though I was on his path for a good 4 seconds just sitting there. (I'm experimenting with this one. It seems to be a problem with AI in multiplayer sessions only. Still working on it.)

46.) The Formula C is no longer a Formula 3 facsimile, but a Star Mazda (facsimile). It should be renamed to something like Indy Small (Indy Light is already taken by an official and real car) so it isn't confused for a Formula 3. (Further more, we should get a Formula 3 car some time in the future.)

47.) Hole in the Track: Doing Sakitto GP it's possible to fall through the track if you go where the outside (of the pit turn) pit lane sign is.

48.) The weather system is great, but it's a little funky session to session. For example, I'm assuming that Practice, Qualifying, and the Race does not happen back to back to back. I'm assuming that they happen on ”different" days. I.E. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The problem is that when you start a new session with new weather, it is assumed to be back to back. If you start qualifying with light rain, when it was dry before, the track is assumed to be dry, and thus skew the qualifying results. With the total control server admins now have, if they want it to be dry to begin with, they should set it that way in the weather settings. So if a session starts with a setting, it must assume to be that setting for a period of time. I.E. Start with light rain, assume the track is wet, not dry (but getting wet).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-bug-report-q-a.359113/page-28#post-12001179

Edit: and somebody else added:

49) penultimate corner at Sugo has a time warp if you drive over the curbing on corner entry

50) starting an offline custom event, if you go right to the race start without loading a tune, sometimes the game assigns completely random and over inflated pressures, with temps dancing around in a range of at least 10C. Restarting the session seems to "fix" the issue.

51) people get stuck at 75% exactly in online loading screens, repeatedly.

52) time trials starting people on tires that are barely warm

53) no way to search the online lobby by connection speed / ping

54) when you filter the search by lobby population, the game counts like this: 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1; 1, 1, 1, 1

55) no way to filter the lobby by session, and session length remaining. Why the game thinks I'm interested in seeing a Race lobby that has 1 hour left to go is beyond me.

56). No way to search for multiple classes at once. Ie, all formula rooms, all vintage GT rooms, etc.

57). In online races, if you use the default pit strategy with tires set to "Automatic by Weather," sometimes, the game won't switch you to wet/dry tires, it keeps you on what you were on before. Slicks in a thunderstorm, no big deal.

58). If you create an online, multiclass race, with AI opponents, the split between the "fast" class and "slow" class will be determined by the AI skill rating. The higher the rating, the more cars in the fast class. So if you want to race in the slow class, but against good AI, you'll basically be racing by yourself.

59). The AI in multiclass racing is rather brutal. I did a 1/2 hour race at Daytona with the AI on 80. I was GT3, other classes were GTE and LMP2. I started last, rolling start, almost 20 seconds behind the leader. I finished the race less than 50 seconds behind the lead LMP2, despite having close racing with the GT3 cars. The GTE cars finished less than 10 seconds ahead of the lead GT3 car. Not a single car got lapped by a single LMP2 in 30 minutes of racing.

fresquito

You honestly think anybody can answer that? I mean, I stopped reading halfway through because the moment you mix bugs and features you'd like seeing, it becomes more a rant than a report. I haven't encountered many of those I've read and I have encountered others not included in the list.

I'm guessing somebody found these and that's why they were included?

I can't take people serious who mix actual bugs with wanted imorovements and copy and pastes most of them from threads around the net without trying to reproduce them to fond out if it's true. There is also no consistency on the style of reporting. That same huy got a lot of shit on racedepartment, rightfully so. (I wish for fixes and improvements too, but this is not the way)

danowat

Banned
I get maybe 6 or 7 of those bugs, but I agree, much of what is written is feature requests, not bugs.

As for the mirror disappearing, are they ever going to fix it? It's a hangover from PC1, and it still doesn't work properly, even after the recent patch said it fixes it.

Set the mirror to on in the HUD menu and it works, next race or session, mirror gone, but you can get it to come back by cycling through the huds.

Turn the game off and come back to it, nope, the mirror is gone again, and you cant get it back by cycling huds, you have to go back into the HUD menu and turn it on again, then cycle through, then when you turn it back on again....

Yaddda Yaddda Yaddda, it's such a simple, but completely infuriating thing,fix the damn mirror FFS!!!!

fresquito

I get maybe 6 or 7 of those bugs, but I agree, much of what is written is feature requests, not bugs.

As for the mirror disappearing, are they ever going to fix it? It's a hangover from PC1, and it still doesn't work properly, even after the recent patch said it fixes it.

Set the mirror to on in the HUD menu and it works, next race or session, mirror gone, but you can get it to come back by cycling through the huds.

Turn the game off and come back to it, nope, the mirror is gone again, and you cant get it back by cycling huds, you have to go back into the HUD menu and turn it on again, then cycle through, then when you turn it back on again....

Yaddda Yaddda Yaddda, it's such a simple, but completely infuriating thing,fix the damn mirror FFS!!!!
Told day one: Use Light HUD as your main HUD. It works flawlessly.

Patrick S.

Banned
1:02.209 - PC, wireless Xbox 360 controller, no aids, default setup

qGpnmrb.jpg

I only did three laps, had never tried this circuit before. I really really like the circuit, will be shaving off more of that time for sure :)

Knockhill is such a fun little track. I've done some hot lapping this evening and managed to get myself down to...

58.654 - PS4 w/ pad - Manual w/authentic aids

Not the best time in the world by any stretch but considering I was initially struggling with sub 1 minute, I think that's a good advance.

So only one people have posted a time in the e-sports qualifier event on PC (U2000), none on the U4000 one.

Strangely, this guy eligible for the 2000 events is a S1716 guy.

I´m guessing scoring will be patched, because as it stands now nobody is going to S5000.

GHG

I'm not a cool kid, I don't even know what 'discord' is.

Back on topic, the Lambo Super Trofeo is bloody amazing in PC2.

It's easy. I'm not a cool kid and had never used it before this morning. Takes a couple of minutes to download the app and get all set up. Then it's like chat rooms of old.

There are some GT Sport car setups there if that entices you :p

danowat

Banned
It's easy. I'm not a cool kid and had never used it before this morning. Takes a couple of minutes to download the app and get all set up. Then it's like chat rooms of old.

Like icq?

I get that GAF is impoding, I get the reason why people are leaving, but I am going to stay out of that hornets nest, I don't fancy flouncing, I think GAF has some of the best gaming discussion I've ever seen, yeah, it has it's issues, but so does every platform that let's people discuss things, maybe the removal of all off topic will help, IDK, sad times.

Mascot

Like icq?

I get that GAF is impoding, I get the reason why people are leaving, but I am going to stay out of that hornets nest, I don't fancy flouncing, I think GAF has some of the best gaming discussion I've ever seen, yeah, it has it's issues, but so does every platform that let's people discuss things, maybe the removal of all off topic will help, IDK, sad times.

Some have left GAF on principle but the Discord's not only about that, it's about establishing lines of contact with your GAF buddies in case GAF implodes permanently (which could happen at any time and with zero notice - by choice or DDoS attack). Join the Discord even if you don't post there initially and it's just a parachute..! PM marvelharvey for an invitation if you're interested, the offer is there.

Dina

Hey man, think you can pm me the details for the pCARS2 Discord for NeoGAF as well? Thanks!

Top Bottom