• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Spark Information Q&A

belushy

Banned
Yeah steam and Windows 8 haven't given me any problems. Just have to switch older games to its correct compatibility mode.

I've been on Windows 8 and Steam since launch with no issues. Some weird driver issue?
Same here. I was using the Consumer preview, then upgraded when Windows 8 was officially released. Steam has been completely fine, as have 99% of my games.

It sounds like you were just unlucky.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I've had no issues on Win 8 either and its where I'll be playing Project Spark for the most part. As far as I know there's no reason every Windows 7 game can't work in Windows 8, if you're having issues you should complain to the developer.

Mike_Lescault

Neo Member
Any predictions of what new info we'll get on Saturday? :).

We're hoping to put out a little teaser video tomorrow (Friday) that talks about some of the things that will be covered.

Also, I'm still working on the Key-value Pair collection constructs question. The brain programmers haven given me the "it's a little too complicated to explain to you right this minute. (and can't you see I'm just trying to get a quick cup of coffee?)" look when I've asked.

nbraun80

We're hoping to put out a little teaser video tomorrow (Friday) that talks about some of the things that will be covered.

Also, I'm still working on the Key-value Pair collection constructs question. The brain programmers haven given me the "it's a little too complicated to explain to you right this minute. (and can't you see I'm just trying to get a quick cup of coffee?)" look when I've asked.

haha sounds good look forward to the video, and I'm sure the other guy will appreciate the complicated tech question as soon as they decide to teach it to you ha :)

belushy

Banned
Project Spark Pre-PAX vlog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_S7T6XyKs

Small sample of Character studio is shown, level linking is shown, and looks like Kinect Capture is heavily improved from the Gamescom build. Looks great.

edit: Beaten by the man himself!

Also, question Mike. Since we can unglue and create new objects with other objects, will we be able to also make armor and weapons that our characters can wear too? Or is there a set library of items that we can put on our characters?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Totally insane, every video just seems to push the limits back even further.

Can the levels pass information to eachother? So would there be a way to say track a number of lives or amount of gold across levels?

J10

Banned
Totally insane, every video just seems to push the limits back even further.

Can the levels pass information to eachother? So would there be a way to say track a number of lives or amount of gold across levels?

Yeah, you can do that. They've shown 'Logic Cubes' that you can use to track/control everything that happens in a game - experience gained, enemies killed, coins collected, etc.

SPDIF

That really does look very impressive. One thing, will there be any super powers? I'm giving serious thought to creating my own Crackdown.

I actually remember seeing a character having a super jump ability in one of the other videos, so a Crackdown clone does seem possible.

dejay

Banned
I actually remember seeing a character having a super jump ability in one of the other videos, so a Crackdown clone does seem possible.

Pretty much all characteristics of movements seem to be adjustable via programming, so I'm thinking that changing a character over time would be a snap.

I'm hoping the colours in clothing are adjustable via programming as well. I'd love enemies to turn darker the more you shoot them, for instance, or a gun that turns enemies to gold. I'd call it the Midas gun.

J10

Banned
That really does look very impressive. One thing, will there be any super powers? I'm giving serious thought to creating my own Crackdown.

There was one demo where they gave a character a quintuple jump, and then there was another where they had a character level up and gain a fireball ability, so you could conceivably merge those two ideas for a Crackdown-type experience.

Someone somewhere mentioned that the max run speed was 30km/h, but I dunno if that's actually the case.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
unbelievable. this is going to be unbelievable. cant wait to make a massive open world platformer.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Awesome :) Thanks for keeping on it... that look seems promising though :)

There was one demo where they gave a character a quintuple jump, and then there was another where they had a character level up and gain a fireball ability, so you could conceivably merge those two ideas for a Crackdown-type experience.

Someone somewhere mentioned that the max run speed was 30km/h, but I dunno if that's actually the case.

That's all I needed to know. Crackdown x Prototype x crazy level design and an insane amount of collectibles = game of the forever.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this, really hope I'm accepted for the beta.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
That's all I needed to know. Crackdown x Prototype x crazy level design and an insane amount of collectibles = game of the forever.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this, really hope I'm accepted for the beta.

I wonder if there's anyway to gauge the economy of these massive worlds. Assuming people will have the time and talent resources (after all the community collaboration will probably make for some massive amounts of man-hours) for generating the level of content needed to fill these worlds, RAM, Storage and bandwidth are finite resources. If I sit down with, lets say, 1000 of my closest friends on Live and decide to create something with the density and foot print of Skyrim or the World of crack down, that's surely a few Gigabytes of data right? I wonder how we would know when we are hitting limits of system resources... what's the economy of these worlds I wonder.

ThatHurt

Have you shown off the female characters?
My 6 year old is starting to ask why there are no girls in the games she can play (and no she's not going to play saints row or tomb raider)

oh yea and internal beta please

belushy

Banned
Have you shown off the female characters?
My 6 year old is starting to ask why there are no girls in the games she can play (and no she's not going to play saints row or tomb raider)

oh yea and internal beta please

There is a female character that gives you quests in one of the first Spark videos. You'll most likely be able to make her playable.

J10

Banned
So far they've only shown bipeds I think. What if I want to play as a spider? I could build one, but then I also wanna know how I can animate it.

Vestal

Gold Member
Holy fuck at that video.

I hope Microsoft sees this is the ace in the hole. This experience could define the fucking generation. Could move xbones like there is no tommorow.

MCD

Holy fuck at that video.

I hope Microsoft sees this is the ace in the hole. This experience could define the fucking generation. Could move xbones like there is no tommorow.

It should be installed right in the box from day 1.

PC OEMS should also make deals with MS, install it and offer free DLCs if you buy a specific laptop from Acer, Asus...etc.

It has strong potentials to boost Xbox and Windows 8 app store as a great gaming ecosystem but knowing MS, they will find a way to halfass it.

belushy

Banned
Just watched the livestream. Sucks that it wasn't that long. Glad to hear that there will be custom leaderboards. Really want to hear about the MP stuff though.

nbraun80

Just watched the livestream. Sucks that it wasn't that long. Glad to hear that there will be custom leaderboards. Really want to hear about the MP stuff though.

yeah they are holding onto the multiplayer details, maybe they're still hammering details out or just like teasing us ha

I was so disappointed by the length of the Twitch PAX interview. This was the only game I cared about seeing at PAX, really.
Although I believe they are doing another livestream this week, so that will be nice.

yeah they are holding onto the multiplayer details, maybe they're still hammering details out or just like teasing us ha
I feel like if they definitely weren't supporting multiplayer then they would say something.
But they must support it, or at least be working on it, if they aren't talking about it.
Well, I hope.

Stampy

So far they've only shown bipeds I think. What if I want to play as a spider? I could build one, but then I also wanna know how I can animate it.

Hmm, from all the info we have so far, this would not be possible unless they include spider in the character assets.

BTW, how come we have never seen player control other characters, like orc or anything like that. I hope that the player is not forced to always be that generic avatar. :/

Top Bottom