• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ survey hints at possible new features

Melchiah

Via Paganmoon in the 3.50 firmware thread:

- Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)
- Monthly PS+ contests with prizes
- PS+ knowledgebase (Forum for PS+ members)
- Discounts on Sony products (TV's, cameras, smartphones)
- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare.
- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.
- Free movies every month.
- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

Discounts on hardware sounds highly interesting to me!

I got the e-mail today as well. Free movies, hardware & streaming service discounts, and PS+ knowledgebase sound fine, but the others do nothing for me, which I stated when I filled the questionnaire.

Movies. If only to hear every month bitching about "oh, great, another indie flick".

Haha! I'd actually like to get indie (horror) flicks, and I'll be complaining if the monthly offerings mostly consist of the usual blockbusters. The best option would be to offer a few different ones every month, of which the customer could choose one to watch.

Bashtee

Contests, tournements and free movies are good. Hardware? Not so much. You usually can get those cheaper elsewhere.

Griss

Why waste the PS+ money on this when the games have gone in the toilet? Make your game fans happy before focusing on movies and netflix ffs, this is the same mistake MS made originally with XB1.

'Sports games, openworld games and first person shooters to return to PS+' should have been an option. I imagine it would have been popular.

The rest don't appeal. I don't imagine you'd get any real discount on hardware. It'd be an excuse to raise the price, or avoid a planned price drop for everyone by tying it to PS+ owners.

Ludens

Banned
The best thing would be a selection of games I can choose each month: give me options, lile 3 PS4 games, 3 PS3 and 3 VIta one and I can choose one for each platform for free, so I can avoid games I'm not interested for.

Not interested in movies, there are better services like Netflix, Infinity etc if I really want to watch a movie. This is a gaming console after all.

There's no point on having discounts for hardware, since you can already get better offers on other stores and usually the suggested price if you buy directly from Sony is set to the max (aka full price).

Just_one

screw movies and all other stuff (that would probably be locked to certain regions)

This would be perfect :

- discount on games(even bigger ones)
- discount on DLC
- discount on Spotify (or even make it a part of PS+)
- Cut back to 1 PS3 game per month , 2 Vita Games and 2 PS4 but make PS Now be apart of PS+ (this is the perfect way to "battle" Xbox One retrocompatibility with GwG)

speaking of PS Now : i was wondering is there that many subscribers to make it sucessfull?

Paganmoon

screw movies and all other stuff (that would probably be locked to certain regions)

This would be perfect :

- discount on games(even bigger ones)
- discount on DLC
- discount on Spotify (or even make it a part of PS+)
- Cut back to 1 PS3 game per month , 2 Vita Games and 2 PS4 but make PS Now be apart of PS+ (this is the perfect way to "battle" Xbox One retrocompatibility with GwG)

speaking of PS Now : i was wondering is there that many subscribers to make it sucessfull?

Making Spotify part of PS+ will never happen, Spotify alone comes in at over twice what PS+ costs per year.

Some of these will come though (apparently some already have in parts of Europe, could be them seeing what the draw in Sweden is), and I recall a few years back taking one of these surveys about new features/benefits, and one of the options being cheaper game prices if you pre-order, and that's becoming more and more common now on PSN.

Via Paganmoon in the 3.50 firmware thread:

- Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)
- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.
- Free movies every month.
- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

Discounts on hardware sounds highly interesting to me!

These make the most sense to me.

Alx

Everything seems fine, except for the "knowledge base / private forums". There's no reason to lock discussions behind a paywall when everybody is doing it for free on the internet.

If you could order PlayStation accessories through the PS store on PS4 that would be awesome. Especially if they go ahead with the discounts and maybe offer free standard shipping.

Exclusive (and good) designed DS4 and headsets would be cool too. They could even let you order the same stuff on the PlayStation Gear site.

I'd rather have good games on the service again.

Also half of them probably wouldn't even work outside of few main EU coutries and USA

yyr

They won't do that, because most people will go for the online gaming only sub.

One way to combat that would be

PS+ for $50: Online gaming, movies, discounts, and all kinds of extra crap
PS+ for $40-45: Online gaming only

If the difference in price is so small that the extra stuff more than pays for it, more folks will go for the higher tier.

How about free access to titles on PSNow? I can't image that service is racking in a lot as it stands, demoing it off to subs could get potential buyers for games.

BahamutPT

We've had non-gaming rewards tied to PS Plus (at no extra cost) for a while here in Portugal.

We get to pick one out of two "big" offers and pick two out of four "smaller" offers.

Offers change every month and range from discounts on movie tickets to 50% discount on a pizza order, car rentals, other ticket discounts, etc.

We also have tournaments/leagues where you can win XP Points which in turn can be exchanged for PSN wallet credit or some other discounts.

Paganmoon

We've had non-gaming rewards tied to PS Plus (at no extra cost) for a while here in Portugal.

We get to pick one out of two "big" offers and pick two out of four "smaller" offers.

Offers change every month and range from discounts on movie tickets to 50% discount on a pizza order, car rentals, other ticket discounts, etc.

We also have tournaments/leagues where you can win XP Points which in turn can be exchanged for PSN wallet credit or some other discounts.

Seems like it's not so much new feature, but more trying to see if they can bring what you (and apparently Italy) already get to other markets. By the looks of this thread, this was a Swedish only survey (or maybe other Nordics also got it?).

Melchiah

Seems like it's not so much new feature, but more trying to see if they can bring what you (and apparently Italy) already get to other markets. By the looks of this thread, this was a Swedish only survey (or maybe other Nordics also got it?).

Finland was included in the survey as well.

Nothing in the list seems all that interesting (hardware's the most useful, but it's not like I buy a controller every month or something), but but but

Imagine if Sony brought 1 vs 100 back...

DEAR SONY: PLEASE USE ALL MY PS+ MONEYS TO RELAUNCH 1 VS 100 I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER THANK YOU.

Melchiah

Nothing in the list seems all that interesting (hardware's the most useful, but it's not like I buy a controller every month or something), but but but

DEAR SONY: PLEASE USE ALL MY PS+ MONEYS TO RELAUNCH 1 VS 100 I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER THANK YOU.

From the European perspective, the inclusion of free movies sound interesting, as that might imply we're finally getting movie rentals in the PSN store as well.

Movies to replace PSVita/PS3 games would be great!

Speak for yourself.

OT, maybe its just me but I dont like this at all. I dont mind PS+ discount on games, but the idea that I need to pay for subscription for price drops on hardware (which never goes lower than previous sale prices) is something that doesnt sit well with me.

I see what amazon is doing with Prime discounts and I fear a Sony version of that. No thanks.

Fuck that list. Here is my list

1. change PSN id, 3 times free then $10 after

2. discounted version without PS+ games. $15-20/yr, if you are only going to include crappy games I will never play let me get it cheaper

3. if you own a PS3 digital license for a game thats compatible with PS Now, let me play it for free on my PS4

4. make backing up games and saves faster and easier, like just check a bunch of games and hit backup instead of having to drill down to bottom of each level and backing up

bobawesome

None of this sounds terribly appealing. If they were to give discounts for hardware I can't imagine it being anything significant.

Inorganic

I don't care much for discounts, contests, free movies etc. I only need 2 things...

- Paid PSN name change for PS+ members
- Cheaper PS+ tier for people who only want access to play online, nothing more. $20/year would be fair.

I wonder if those options will apply for non US countries because most of the offers sounds worthless for me.

I would love to have a discounts on PSN plus membership instead

Top Bottom