• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita - "Stranger of Sword City" potential importers. Pre-order.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
*Update got a reply from Chikami-san the producer, he said if folks are not in a huge rush to get a physical copy then it should not be an issue. Which must mean that the initial print run will be low, but more will be made is what it seems.

To those here on import DRPG GAF that were looking forward to getting the title Stranger of Sword City on the PS Vita which will be released on the 22nd of this month, highly suggest you rush out now and make pre-orders.

Reason being is that official word is apparently will have a low print number and its suggested to do a pre-order if you want to get a physical copy.

If you miss out digital version of the game is still available but will be a pain for those who do not already have a JPSN account basically.

Only got this info like in the past hour or else I would have warned folks earlier.

For those not familiar with the title have videos in the import OT of the X360 / PC ver. The Vita OT will pretty much look exactly the same.
Stranger of Sword City OT (JP X360 / PC ver)

---

Amiami link
Nippon-Yasan link (normal ver)
Nippon-Yasan Ebten ver (game + soundtrack)

*I dont link to Play-Asia anymore due to issues GAF members have been having with them lately.

pOEFH0d.png

I'm torn. On one hand I'm still hoping for a NA localization, but on the other hand if the only PSV physical copies that game will ever have disappear quickly... :/

ranmafan

Thanks for the tip! Going have to see about getting it now then as well. would've preferred to wait a bit but don't want to take a big chance on missing a physical copy.

Parakeetman

I'm torn. On one hand I'm still hoping for a NA localization, but on the other hand if the only PSV physical copies that game will ever have disappear quickly... :/

Id say you still potentially have a long wait for a Western release anyways. So its your call really. As am certain that NISA if they are the ones who have it that is, will want to get as much sales as possible from OP Abyss first. Otherwise if they do have it and announce it before OP Abyss comes out I can see a bunch of other folks skipping the game for SoSC... Due to the difference in art styles.

At least both games are not "fanservice" filled like Demon Gaze so that still is a big plus for DRPG fans that did not care for that with DG and what would make them be more willing to pick up either title.

Though this is just my opinion on what the road map would be and so far it looks like Ive been right in general if you look at my past history with talking about what the potential road map would have been with releases in regards to Exp Inc.

Thanks for the tip! Going have to see about getting it now then as well. would've preferred to wait a bit but don't want to take a big chance on missing a physical copy.

Just sent a message to Chikami-san to re-confirm it if not by tonight then by tomorrow hopefully he will reply. Do believe hes in Osaka at the moment for an event they had out there.

Parakeetman

*Update got a reply from Chikami-san the producer, he said if folks are not in a huge rush to get a physical copy then it should not be an issue. Which must mean that the initial print run will be low, but more will be made is what it seems. No idea on what kind of wait would be expected if folks miss out on the initial run though.

But good to know that we have confirmation that it will not just be a one shot deal with the initial run.

Parakeetman

Sorry but is this title playable in English? Subs?

Unfortunately not. There are very few Japanese titles in general that have an actual option to switch them to English language. They do exist, but the ones made by Experience Inc is not part of that group.

If you want localized titles by Experience Inc in the West you will have to look towards the localized versions by Nippon Ichi Software America. As they have Demon Gaze currently and the upcoming Operation Abyss sometime this year.

Here is the English OT link if you are unfamiliar with Demon Gaze.
Demon Gaze OT

ranmafan

*Update got a reply from Chikami-san the producer, he said if folks are not in a huge rush to get a physical copy then it should not be an issue. Which must mean that the initial print run will be low, but more will be made is what it seems. No idea on what kind of wait would be expected if folks miss out on the initial run though.

But good to know that we have confirmation that it will not just be a one shot deal with the initial run.

That is good to hear. Ill probably get it on the first print run just in case. Its been on my radar for a while but I forgot it was coming out so soon.

God I love the art style of this game. I'm gonna end up buying Operation Abyss just to encourage NISA to bring this game over.

Parakeetman

God I love the art style of this game. I'm gonna end up buying Operation Abyss just to encourage NISA to bring this game over.

Yep as long as people keep buying DRPGs that most def will show NISA that there is an audience for the genre and will keep bringing them over.

That is good to hear. Ill probably get it on the first print run just in case. Its been on my radar for a while but I forgot it was coming out so soon.

Yeah that most def is a good idea. I went and got a copy from Ebten also the one with the sound track. They also have just the OST for sale too.

http://ebten.jp/p/7015014102401/

Since wanted that 円卓の生徒 soundtrack that is limited in numbers. As its impossible to get the original release anymore. The actual game soundtrack itself I already have 2 other copies with from the X360 and PC versions lol.

Top Bottom