• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS which game to buy help.

Playing on PS4 Pro and was wondering what you guys thought was the best game to buy out of these 3, none of which I've played before.
Death Stranding
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus
All on sale around same price but only have time to play one, so which one?

Last edited:
If you like Kojima games then I recommend Death Stranding but it might not be what you expect.
Yeah I was actually going to buy this but then I read some negative reviews so I thought I'd look through the sale and I found the other two. Couldn't make my mind up so I thought I'd ask and it's pretty unanimous for SOTC.

Last edited:

Fbh

They are all quite different:

Death Stranding is very unique and very Kojima but also it will depend if doing deliveries for 40 hours is something you could see yourself enjoying. I'll say that while I didn't love the game and found it pretty boring at times, it's still such a unique experience that I think back to it a lot more than other games I technically enjoyed more.

Shadow of the Colossus is awesome but it's also a fairly 1:1 remake and the game has never had particularly strong replay value IMO (since discovering each new colossus and figuring out how to beat it is a big part of the game) so while it was fun to re-experience it, I just didn't find the remake very memorable. If you've never played it before though it's a must play.

The Last Guardian is also really unique and fun. The creature was designed to feel realistic though, so it doesn't follow your commands like a robot and many people find that frustrating. Also at least back when I first played it it ran like absolute shit on Ps4 (usually closer to 25fps than 30)

Last edited:

Aenima

SOTC is a masterpiece but you can finish it in 10 hours or so. Same as The Last Guardian. Death Stranding is a big ass game. Its hard to recomend just 1 when i loved them all. If you want something short go for SOTC or TLG. If you want something that lasts you alot of hours, then Death STranding.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Playing on PS4 Pro and was wondering what you guys thought was the best game to buy out of these 3, none of which I've played before.
Death Stranding
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus
All on sale around same price but only have time to play one, so which one?

Gravity rush 2

Shadow of the Colossus.

Just wanted to thank everyone who recommended SOTC as I've now played one of the best games ever made. Rarely in my house does one game attract so much attention not only from my wife but also my 4 year old daughter who cheered me on through every Colossi (which she calls monsters) 😄

Robbinhood

Banned
Just wanted to thank everyone who recommended SOTC as I've now played one of the best games ever made. Rarely in my house does one game attract so much attention not only from my wife but also my 4 year old daughter who cheered me on through every Colossi (which she calls monsters) 😄
One day you'll have to tell her who the real monster was :D

Top Bottom