• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Kinan

Since EU PS Store completely ignores emulated PS2 games in its structures it is impossible to know which classic PS2 games are available. Thankfully at least US Store has a separate section for PS2 games, but there already some differences between EU and US Stores and they will most likely mount on with time. Therefore I decided to create a thread where I'll try to keep the list of the PS2 games for US and EU store updated, at least until EU PSN monkeys will manage to create a proper subsection for them. Well, it finally happened, folks. EU stores have finally got their own sections for PS2 games, so now one can go directly to a corresponding section on US , UK and German PSN Store and check what was added.

I'll still update if Sony will not drastically speed up its current "few games per quarter" tempo since the thread is a convenient place to discuss the related issues, but do not hold me to it. :=)

THE LIST (current as of 11.09.2017)

ADK DAMASHII (US, UK, DE)
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (US, UK, DE)
Art of Fighting Anthology (US, UK, DE)
Ape Escape 2 (US, UK, DE)
Bully / Canis Canem Edit (US, UK, DE)
Dark Cloud (US, UK, DE)
Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle (US, UK, DE)
Destroy All Humans! (US, UK, DE)
Destroy All Humans! 2 (US, UK, DE)
Eternal Ring (US, UK, DE)
Fantavision (US, UK, DE)
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2 (US, UK, DE)
Forbidden Siren / Siren (US, UK, DE)
FU'UN SUPER COMBO (US, UK, DE)
GTA III (US, UK, DE)
GTA San Andreas (US, UK, DE)
GTA: Vice City (US, UK, DE)
GTA Trilogy (US, UK, DE)
Harvest Moon®: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (US, UK, DE)
Harvest Moon®: Save the Homeland (US, UK, DE)
Hot Shots Tennis / Everybody's Tennis (US, UK, DE)
Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit (US, UK, DE)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (US, UK, DE)
Kinetica (US, UK, DE)
Manhunt (US, UK, DE)
Max Payne(US, UK, DE)
METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY (US, UK, DE)
OKAGE: Shadow King (US, UK, DE)
PaRappa The Rapper 2 (US, UK, DE)
Primal (US, UK, DE)
Psychonauts (US, UK, DE)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (US, UK, DE)
Red Dead Revolver (US, UK, DE)
Red Faction (US, UK, DE)
Red Faction 2 (US, UK, DE)
Resident Evil™ Code: Veronica X (US, UK, DE)
Rise of the Kasai (US, UK, DE)
Rogue Galaxy (US, UK, DE)
Samurai Shodown VI (US, UK, DE)
Star Ocean® Till The End Of Time™ (US, UK, DE)
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (US, UK, DE)
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (US, UK, DE)
Star Wars Racer Revenge (US, UK, DE)
The King of Fighters 2000 (US, UK, DE)
The Mark of Kri (US, UK, DE)
The Warriors (US, UK, DE)
Twisted Metal Black (US, UK, DE)
War of the Monsters (US, UK, DE)
Wild Arms 3 (US, UK, DE)

Upcoming :

Ape Escape 3
Legend of Legaia 2
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition

PS2 Remasters

Since few high profile PS2 games are also available on PS4 in form of remaster, and not just running on the emulator, we decided to add them in a separate list:

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (US, UK, DE)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (US, UK, DE)
Cel Damage HD (US, UK, DE)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 +2.5 Remix (US, UK, DE)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (US, UK, DE)
Yakuza Kiwami (US, UK, DE)

Upcoming remasters:

.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Shadow of the Colossus
Yakuza Kiwami 2

-----

Want your favourite PS2 game on PS4? Get active, Sony is looking for suggestions.

Please say if I missed anything, I'll try to correct asap! Was considering adding the prices, but there are deals/PS Plus discounts now everywhere, so it would look complicated. There are basically two price tiers (9.99€/$ (7.99£) and 14.99€/$(11.99£)) with bigger games being more expensive, of course.

Many thanks to Jackstin for compiling the remasters list.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I was hoping they'd be building it more regularly than they have been. These have been available for over a month now, and very little has been added in that time.

Ape Escape 2 and 3 are incoming based on what we know. Looking forward to playing those two since I loved the first one on the PS1, but for some reason never bothered with the PS2 entries.

Kapi96

Pretty sure the EU (or UK specifically) store had a section for them last time I checked it.

Kind of disappointed in the list so far though. There's some games I'd love to play through again. Where's TimeSplitters Sony?

Kinan

OK, added bunch of upcoming games that were rated either by ESRB or PEGI, so most likely will be out soon.

Yea, the speed is underwhelming, but testing those games takes time. I've seen few graphic bugs in Dark Cloud already, they even put up a patch for it yesterday, first ever online patch for PS2 game, I suppose. :)

doomquake

totally disappointing. its like sony playstation department doesn't even play games.for the player my arse. everything is so slow and corporate feeling. disgusting.

Stealth50

Good idea but I think this formatting would be simpler:
US & EU PSN:
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dark Cloud
Fantavision
GTA III
GTA San Andreas
GTA: Vice City
PaRappa The Rapper 2
Rogue Galaxy
The Mark of Kri
Twisted Metal Black
War of the Monsters

US PSN only:
GTA Trilogy

EU PSN only:
-

Upcoming:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (15.01.16)
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (15.01.16)
Star Wars Racer Revenge (15.01.16)
Psychonauts (Spring 2016)
Really hope that they make it a priority to pump out titles quickly.

hamchan

Everyone should just wait for a sale for all these games. See the current GTA sale. All three of those games for the price of a little bit more than what one of them launched at.

I remember reading it takes something like 5-6 months to do in choosing the trophies, implementing them etc and it varies from game to game with Dark Cloud being the hardest so far.

Still I bought Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud and Arc the Lad so far. Will be getting Dark Chonicle, be interested in Okage too as I never played that one.

Kinan

Good idea but I think this formatting would be simpler:

Really hope that they make it a priority to pump out titles quickly.

Considering it, initial idea was to put PS Store links behind the names, thats why there are separate lists for US and EU. I can, however, use your formatting and put links after the names, will look compact and clear.

Ape Escape 2 and 3 are incoming based on what we know. Looking forward to playing those two since I loved the first one on the PS1, but for some reason never bothered with the PS2 entries.
Ape Escape 2 is an excercise in blandness compared to the first. Thankfully 3 brought back some much needed vitality and energy to the franchise, especially thanks to the return of the original composer. By all means get both, but just know 1>3>>>>>2.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There were games with 50/60hz versions. I guess it's OK to buy those?

I remember some games (like DMC3 SE) had a 60hz option in the PAL release. As long as that's included, you're good. I have no idea which games from the current set have that option though. iirc Rogue Galaxy has it.

edit: using this list as a source, only Rogue Galaxy should have a 60hz option from those released so far. For the upcoming releases Wild Arms 3 and Primal also should have 60hz.

Calabi

I was hoping they'd be building it more regularly than they have been. These have been available for over a month now, and very little has been added in that time.

Yeah at the rate they are going it's going to be years before any of the games I'm hoping for come out. Looks like there just going to cherry pick the best and then forget about the rest, and have a tiny selection of the PS2 games.

I haven't bought any of these yet, but I might dip my toes in when Dark Chronicle gets released. I'll also consider Primal. Wish they had a timed trial; even if it was say 30 minutes each.

Do we know for sure that Psychonauts is the PS2 classic, rather than an actual port or update like Grim Fandango?

IvanJ

Banned
Bought GTA Trilogy last night, $18 for the package is a fair price.
Don't know when I'll get around to them, but they take up hardly any disc space, so it's OK.

Looking forward to Siren, and hoping Bully will come as well.

Drippy

Regarding those Star Wars games, I only enjoyed Racer Revenge. It's a really fun racer and I've finished it with a pleasure. Be warned that emulation of this title isn't perfect - there are noticeable slowdowns sometimes, especially on one of the tracks.

Bounty Hunter is a decent game, but VERY frustrating one. You can only die 5 times per mission and game is not an easy one comparing to modern shooters. Jedi Starfighter was mediocre even at the day of release, and now i can't think about any reason to play this. I deleted it from HDD after 30 minutes of playing.

Also, there were some rumors about Max Payne coming to PS4, I think OP can add it to the list of upcoming titles.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah at the rate they are going it's going to be years before any of the games I'm hoping for come out. Looks like there just going to cherry pick the best and then forget about the rest, and have a tiny selection of the PS2 games.

Right?

I'm never going to get to play HD Shadow of Rome, am I? :(

Spizz

Banned
I was waiting for a sale on Vice City so I picked that up last night. Maybe if GTA III and SA are cheap enough one day I'll pick those up as well. Other then that I can't really think of anything else I'd be willing to double dip on.

Bishop89

hey you like ape escape or something?

YEEEEEESSSSSS

gimme gimme gimme

D6C056B5D0B7EDE84565E458ACF40DE11226820C

7nASCc.gif

tumblr_ma9yyoHl2p1qa8kz9o1_500.gif

Dragon Quest and Onimushas is what i want the most.

Burnouts and SSX tricky would be nice..

Oh and fucking Timesplitters with shareplay would be absolute fucking sex, but when shareplaying splitscreen make it so we can not see the other players screen.
Baulders gate 1 an 2.
Viewtifull joe.
Soul reavers and blood omens.
Broken swords (yes sleeping dragon.. shut up lol)
Crash games.
Escape from monkey island.
Evil dead: Fistful of boomstick
Giants
Psi-Ops.
Rouge trooper.
Second Sight.
Silent Hill 2 (come on the HD version was dog shit)
Syphon Filters.
The Thing ( I liked it..)
Ghost Recon (some how get us MP on this.. some how :()
Yakuza 2.

Piccoro

There were games with 50/60hz versions. I guess it's OK to buy those?

I remember some games (like DMC3 SE) had a 60hz option in the PAL release. As long as that's included, you're good. I have no idea which games from the current set have that option though. iirc Rogue Galaxy has it.

edit: using this list as a source, only Rogue Galaxy should have a 60hz option from those released so far. For the upcoming releases Wild Arms 3 and Primal also should have 60hz.

NOPE!
Sony removed the 50/60Hz option from the PS2 games that had them originally. All PS2 ports in Europe run at 50, then they are sped up to 60Hz which is a mess.

Also, The King of Fighters 2000 is missing from that upcoming list.

ranmafan

I'm not sure if its been talked about yet, I haven't seen any news about it, but I wonder when the Japanese PSN will start doing offering ps2 games and such for ps4? Hopefully they are doing something regarding that in the future.

Top Bottom