• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

jsrv said:
A little off topic, but how much space does the OS and firmware take up in PS3 by themselves?

My PS3 has ~74 GB of space, and right now it has 59 GB left. (15 GB used) MGS4 takes up 4.5GB for the install, so that leaves ~10.5GB. Does the OS/Firmware use up 10.5GB by themselves, or am I overlooking something? (If so, that's not much space left for systems with 20 GB).
0 space, the firmware is stored on internal flashrom chips.

GQman2121 said:
Yeah I popped in Motor Storm thinking, "this should be a pretty nice change rockin' Mariah Cary while racing in mud". That didn't really work for me........

How hard to you guys reckon it is to patch the in-game soundtracks?

Unfortunately I think Motorstorm might suffer the same fate as R1 and Ratchet, i.e. no updates until at the very least Motorstorm 2 or Resistance 2 in the case of the latter is out.

nofi said:
n366v5.jpg

SONY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!11 I'm addicted, after my first two Trophies!
Getting the 15 tokens in a single boost is gonna be a pain in the ass.
Oh yeah, I GOT MORE TROPHIES THAN YOU.
well maybe not cause i dont have you on my friends list and you may have gotten more, lol

Concept17

devilchicken said:
Getting the 15 tokens in a single boost is gonna be a pain in the ass.
Oh yeah, I GOT MORE TROPHIES THAN YOU.
well maybe not cause i dont have you on my friends list and you may have gotten more, lol

Boost through the bonus pile?

makingmusic476 said:
Are you kind've obsessed with LBP? If not, than we are hardly twins. >_>

:p

I'll be your twin.

AmMortal

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Are you kind've obsessed with LBP? If not, than we are hardly twins. >_>

:p

Seriously, LPB is awesome!

I AM your TWIN!

edit: @ post above Let's Make that triplet

PSN ID NOW!

WiCkEd_Co

I can see the excitement over trophy's when I got my Xbox I was playing games I would not play normally just for achievements. I don't even care about my gamer score anymore.

How ever since this is new on PS3 I will again play games I would have most likely pass on, until it wears off again. :D Would have been better with all game custom sound tracks so I could listen too while working on trophy's.

itxaka

Defeatist
Bearillusion said:
Why doesn't custom soundtracks work in PJM when they demonstrated that? I have no desire to use the feature in PJM but I was surprised it didn't work.

Oh Please, somebody mail Dylan so they patch the game. I want to play the hard ones while listening to "Don´t stop me now" non-stop-

angelfly

itxaka said:
Oh Please, somebody mail Dylan so they patch the game. I want to play the hard ones while listening to "Don´t stop me now" non-stop-

Sad thing is it was never patched for custom soundtracks. In the blog Jeff said they were using a modified version of 2.40 for the demonstration.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
a bazillion ppl must be downloading this now because I cant even fucking connect to the server. I'm on my 10th try now :mad:

Argyle

The Faceless Master said:
0 space, the firmware is stored on internal flashrom chips.

This is true for the older PS3s, the newer 40GB store part of the OS on the hard drive. It means an extra step if you upgrade a 40GB now (swap drive, then put in a USB drive with the current FW update on it so it can reformat and reinstall onto the new HDD).

Either way though, the space is preallocated when the drive is formatted, you shouldn't see the free space change when you do a FW update.

I come home from work to be greeted with this fantastic news: Warhawk WILL support trophies, and it will award them retroactively!

Oh God, I can't wait. Uncharted and MGS4 better hurry up!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
lol, I'm reliably informed via the magicks of in-game messaging that TTP is actually at 60% on SSHD...he's too fast for even the servers to keep up!

DCharlie

Banned
Sad thing is it was never patched for custom soundtracks. In the blog Jeff said they were using a modified version of 2.40 for the demonstration.

gooooood god.

so they really were true to their word that this was laying the ground work for whatever they were showing as 2.40 ? :/

evilone mentioned there being something else.

laugh tracks sampled by the GAF lurking Square enix / EA employees?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My other games seem to work fine, but Rock Band freezes up in the menu screens now, so well... I don't know if 2.4 screwed up RB, or it is the Pixies album I just bought, but I thought I'd warn people that you might have to do a hard reset if you try to play Rock Band. I tried it twice with the same shitty result.:(

Otherwise 2.4 is fantastic. I can feel my inner trophy whore gaining strength.

Wollan

TTP already has 100% in Burnout so whenever the patch arrives, instant Platinum (assuming there are no new goals).

AKS

Jack Scofield said:
Oh God, I can't wait. Uncharted and MGS4 better hurry up!

I wonder when they will have some trophies put together for MGS4? I haven't gone after the coveted Big Boss emblem yet. How long will I need to wait I wonder?

Maybe I'll try out those awesome weapons I've been unlocking in the meantime and take a break from the 0 kill, 0 alert runs...in the words of the UT III announcer, KILLING SPREE!!! :lol

VegaShinra

Well I got 6 Trophies in SSHD so far. I want the patches for the real games soon. They better release a list of the games getting trophies as it happens. Some of the trophies in SSHD are going to be bitches to get.

AmMortal

Banned
AKS said:
I wonder when they will have some trophies put together for MGS4? I haven't gone after the coveted Big Boss emblem yet. How long will I need to wait I wonder?

Maybe I'll try out those awesome weapons I've been unlocking in the meantime and take a break from the 0 kill, 0 alert runs...in the words of the UT III announcer, KILLING SPREE!!! :lol

I think they've had enough time to lay them out, all they have to do is make it online for us. :D

JB1981

anyone tried some of the older titles like Resistance .... I have a bad feeling it doesn't support it. Guess I'll have to try it....

1stStrike

Banned
/signed for in-game music for MGS4/MGO

That would really make my day. I'd really like to be able to play some of my own music in-game.

Top Bottom