• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Motion Controller Named “Gem”?

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
Wand, Sphere, Gem. I like Gem best, and apparently, so does Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello, who may very well have leaked the top-secret name for Sony’s 2010 motion control device this morning at a conference in New York.

“In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers. Motion sensor controls, Natal and Gem, these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace,” he said when talking about console pricing and innovation at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference.

Sony has since gone on the record to say that “no official name for the PlayStation motion controller has been announced,” with EA refusing to verify Riccitiello’s comment. I love leaks like this, they get the whole internet talking…

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/10/ps3-motion-controller-named-gem/

heh maybe calling it "Gem" would be truly outrageous??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYU4CeuZQ0

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If you have more than one then people can assist you in waggling your family jewels.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Maybe the journalist misheard and it's actually called Jam.
It would be delicious.

Well that was a misfit :p

VKgVPgMVN2GMN7n.jpg

OnPoint

Skiptastic said:
Way to ruin any worthwhile hilarious comeback I had planned. :/

TheDiabolical
I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
(Today, 07:07 AM)
Reply | Quote

Get your shit together sony that is terrible. That's right, the guy on the internet is telling you how to run your multi billion dollar international company better.

[Nintex]

And John's parade of fail continues.

I'm starting to feel sorry for him. On the other hand Gem is well... not really that good of a name I think. It doesn't really stick like Wii or Playstation.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Gem seems like a weird little name.

What would you call it though?

'Sphere' seems a bit obvious. I dunno.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna take a ride on your disco gem.

Eh, not ideal.

glaurung

1. Take the new PS3 slim logo.
  2. Copy the number 3.
  3. Flip the number 3 to create the letter E.
  4. Rotate the number 3 ninety degrees counterclockwise to create the letter M.
  5. Add a huge ass G at the beginning.
  6. G E M

DieH@rd

Banned
glaurung said:
  2. Copy the number 3.
    [*]Add a huge ass G at the beginning.
  5. G E M

:D

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I love the fact that everyone (myself included) saw the title and rushed to post the obvious nerd connection to the 80's toon.

We just need that same youtube in the original post, upgraded with Miss Erica holding the "Gem" instead of a mic.

gkryhewy

Glowing balls, goofy name, rumored high price tag -- it's like Sony secretly hates this product.

Although if the software is compelling, the name doesn't matter (see Wii).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
That's right, the guy on the internet is telling you how to run your multi billion dollar international company better.
He's just not telling them what would be the right name...

Not that I know either.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
squicken said:
I can't believe how many people remember Jem. It's even in the IGN story ffs. Glad I'm not alone in my oldeness.

I don't think that many truly remember Jem. It's just one of those show intros that pops up on youtube whenever people want their nostalgia fixes. Mask? Jayce and the Wheeled warriors? ...Jem(is truly outrageous)?

Doubledex

Banned
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Get your shit together sony that is terrible. That's right, the guy on the internet is telling you how to run your multi billion dollar international company better.
Exactly what I was thinking :lol :lol

Chao

glaurung said:
  2. Copy the number 3.
  5. Add a huge ass G at the beginning.
  6. G E M

Yeah they thought that from the beggining, it's pretty clear.

Top Bottom