• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Team Fort players? List your psn and such.

Ploid 3.0

832atlj.jpg

Chalkboard isn't updated
8fyvz7n.png

Gaf players : PSN
-----------------------
darkressurection : monkyofdoom
DeceitDecide : DodgerBlues
djkimothy : djkimothy
G-Bus : G-bus
johnFkennedy : roundhousekick
jonabbey : jonabbey
nickslicl : DIRE_STR8S
Pai Pai Master : PaiPai
Ploid 3.0 : Ploid
rc213 : rc213
the chris : chris1982

Classes and video "how to"'s
852orgi.jpg

829lvg9.jpg

6pgxavk.jpg

● 1) Scout
Primary Weapon: Scattergun
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Melee Weapon: Aluminum Baseball Bat
Valve says: The fastest and lightest of all the classes, the Scout uses his speed to punch through enemy lines before opposing defenders can react. What he lacks in health and weaponry, he makes up for with his incredible speed and aerial maneuverability. If you'd like to sprint gracefully through enemy fire, look into the Scout.

How to play the spy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qD30EOO-o

● 2) Soldier
Primary Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Secondary Weapon: Shotgun
Melee Weapon: Shovel
Valve says: The core of any offensive push, the Soldier comes armed with a devastating rocket launcher. Faster and slightly more fragile than the Heavy, the Soldier's a true all-arounder. From taking out Engineer sentry guns to using his rockets to launch himself into the air, the Soldier is useful in a wide variety of situations. If you're an old school deathmatcher, or just quick on your feet in the middle of combat, the Soldier's your man.

● 3) Pyro
Primary Weapon: Flamethrower
Melee Weapon: Fire Axe
Valve says: The nastiest class to run into when turning a corner. The flamethrower produces a massive amount of damage over a short range, making the Pyro the most lethal close-quarter class there is. Pyros are often seen playing a defensive role near the front line, ambushing enemies as they enter tight spaces. On offense, they're terrific at harassing the enemy's defense, since it's hard to maintain a solid defensive line when you're on fire.

How to play the pyro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIISxhYRYE

86gksxk.jpg

● 4) Medic
Primary Weapon: Syringe Launcher
Secondary Weapon: Medi-Gun
Melee Weapon: Bonesaw
Valve says: The core support class, the Medic is invaluable on both offense and defense. When attached to an offensive squad, he's critical to keeping it alive inside the enemy base (while also boosting its offensive capability.) On defense, his ability to keep defenders healthy means they won't have to leave their posts. If you want to be loved by your entire team, or to indirectly kill a horde of enemies without firing a shot, then the Medic is just what the doctor ordered.

How to play the Medic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsahdVegIE

● 5) Sniper
Primary Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Submachine Gun
Melee Weapon: Machete
Valve says: Nobody beats the Sniper at long-range combat. With a little time to find a perch and dig in, he can significantly slow an enemy advance. If knocking the helmet off a Soldier at 400 paces sounds fun, then the Sniper is the class for you.

How to play the Sniper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2LHDFAhRc

● 6) Spy
Primary Weapon: Revolver
Secondary Weapon: Disguise Kit
Melee Weapon: Butterfly Knife
Other Weapon: Sapper
Valve says: The Spy excels at the black arts of infiltration and assassination. With the ability to disguise himself to look like an enemy, or even become fully invisible on command, the Spy creates havoc behind enemy lines. He's an enemy's worst nightmare -- a dangerous foe indistinguishable from a friend. If you prefer guile to brute force, the Spy is what you're looking for.

How to play the spy:

6u48tp4.jpg

● 7) Demoman
Primary Weapon: Sticky Bomb Launcher
Secondary Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Melee Weapon: Bottle
Valve says: A versatile combat class packing an absurd amount of high explosives, the Demoman is great at holding a map's choke points. Whether he's shutting down an enemy route by laying sticky bombs along it, shelling an area with long distance grenade fire, or simply blowing up anything that blocks the team's way, the Demoman is the class of choice for anyone interested in making a lot of noise.

● 8) Heavy
Primary Weapon: Minigun
Melee Weapon: Fists
Valve says: The slowest, most powerful class, the Heavy carries a massive minigun capable of clearing roomfuls of enemies. He's vital on defense to deal with Scouts, who can easily avoid Soldiers and Demomen. If you're a player who wants to be in the thick of the action, but your aim is a little rusty, the Heavy is the perfect class for you.

How to play the Heavy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z66iWDH_lgU

● 9) Engineer
Primary Weapon: Shotgun
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Melee Weapon: Wrench
Other Weapon: Construction PDA
Valve says: The defensive backbone of any team, the Engineer builds useful devices such as sentry guns, health & ammo dispensers, and personal teleporters. Tactical placement of these devices and the ability to maintain them under fire are the keys to being a successful Engineer. If you're better at planning and thinking than fighting, you're a natural born Engineer.

How to play the Engineer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcokQJRYWis

54lmq6o.gif

4t7gl1l.jpg
4kjeh5u.jpg

● Dustbowl - Control Point (Video)
● Granary - Control Point (Video)
● 2Fort - Capture The Flag (Video)
● Well - Control Point (Video)
● Hydro - Territorial Control (Video) (New Dynamic map system) Dynamic maps explained by Robin Walker (Video)http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163472&site=pcg
● Gravel Pit - Control Point (Video)

6bjqcsw.gif

5yn195c.jpg
61ldr4j.jpg
4pu1l6t.jpg
4ta3cz4.jpg
6f6kcwk.jpg
54luvi9.jpg
4pc9j4p.jpg
6ag9auh.jpg

As Engineer, upgrade your sentry by hitting it with your wrench. Keep your eye out for spies, as they can destroy your sentry with a electro-sapper!
3y2e14h.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Just got this today and it runs great so far even when I'm hosting (unless it's run off of ea servers dedicated *doubt). So who has this and care to get any gaf games together? I'm not much use as a cordinator but I'll try if another thread isn't made with a competent first poster.

Seems like the servers are down or something. Maybe only active during Europe prime time(?) since the servers are in europe and everyone was so active at 2-5am cst for me. I can view stats and leaders though, but I can't make a room, or search for one without being stuck in searching mode. Will try again later. Hope it's just a odd situation and not a regular thing :\.

Edit

Ploid 3.0

Yea, I'll add you later. I have a lot of fun with demo man. It's fun blowing em up, and watching them walk into my traps. I still don't fully understand all the abilities of the classes yet though. Ordering another headset today, my other one won't work, although not many people talk, I want to at least warn people and have them kinda know what I see.

About the server problem I had. Sometimes it just won't stop searching, might be something with my end. It don't happen all that often but when it do, it usually don't work for a while even if I exit and re enter the game.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Yea, I'll add you later. I have a lot of fun with demo man. It's fun blowing em up, and watching them walk into my traps. I still don't fully understand all the abilities of the classes yet though. Ordering another headset today, my other one won't work, although not many people talk, I want to at least warn people and have them kinda know what I see.

About the server problem I had. Sometimes it just won't stop searching, might be something with my end. It don't happen all that often but when it do, it usually don't work for a while even if I exit and re enter the game.
I have heard there a a few problems with the EA servers, but my play time today has been silky smooth. Also, I think TF2 PS3 has dedicated server through EA so that is on advantage over TF2 360.

Ploid 3.0

I know there are more gaffers with the ps3 version. Get in here and let me know. We should hit this stuff up. Darn fun game, will be even better with gaf. I like how the servers are. It's smooth for these past few days so far. Wish people wouldn't always vote 2fort. I want to see and study the other maps and modes.

Ploid 3.0

Cool cool, more players. We should see when we all can play or something. Would be nice to do a bit of playing and show how teamwork can own in this game.

Ploid 3.0

About the classes and some videos explaining their strengths and weaknesses.

How to play the spy:

How to play the pyro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIISxhYRYE

The Demoman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNM4eFsX68Y

Jumps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokkZfyp3gQ&NR=1

How to play the Engineer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcokQJRYWis

How to play the Sniper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2LHDFAhRc

How to play the Medic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsahdVegIE

How to play the Heavy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z66iWDH_lgU

The Soldier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKtZaKZwdaA

-----
Will steal from PC teamfort thread and update first post. These vids aren't found in pc tf2 thread I believe.

Ploid 3.0

lol Jonabby, right when I thought our flag wouldn't get any action you required my assistance. I changed to spy to soften the offence of the opponents up since we didn't seem to get any flag attempts either. My current headset require me to shout loud to pich up anything. New one is shipping. I wish they would put this on PSN. So more gaffers would have it (that don't have pc or 360 option.).

jonabbey

Ploid 3.0 said:
lol Jonabby, right when I thought our flag wouldn't get any action you required my assistance. I changed to spy to soften the offence of the opponents up since we didn't seem to get any flag attempts either. My current headset require me to shout loud to pich up anything. New one is shipping. I wish they would put this on PSN. So more gaffers would have it (that don't have pc or 360 option.).

Heh. It was a lot of fun, but we need a lot more players to make a real contest of it. It was nice that we were able to defend the intel, but it would have been nice if someone would have actually grabbed theirs. ;-)

Ploid 3.0

Hey guys, what times to you usually play without holiday and unexpected free time? I'm thinking about making a graph or something that show the time majority of us are free to play as I add names and as people confess that they didn't boycot this game lol. This should make it easier to set a gaf night if we get enough people, and just a good way to try to find stray members online and play a game.

There is no party system but it's easy to join games your PSN flist buddies are in. You can then check which team they are on and change sides if possible.

You might find me on weekdays -wednesday from anywhere between 4pm est - 11pm est. I try to enter resistance matches at 10pm est at times but I usually fail since I just got a couple of new games.

I will add you nickslicl when I get to a pc. The character limit in ps3 browser is passed to edit and keep everything.

Glued I'll fix that missing "l" in your PSN name on the chalk board when I get to a pc also. Sorry about that heh.

djkimothy

I'll probably pick this up later in the week. So you can add my name to the user list (djkimothy) though won't be active till later.

Ploid 3.0

Man I'm pretty darn good with spy. Love that class, medic not so much. Still haven't tried soldier. Pyro is a killing machine. And seriously, the only thing people play is 2fort hah. I hardly ever seen the other maps. But it's all good fun still. I know 2fort like the back of my knife now.

jonabbey

Ploid 3.0 said:
Man I'm pretty darn good with spy. Love that class, medic not so much. Still haven't tried soldier. Pyro is a killing machine. And seriously, the only thing people play is 2fort hah. I hardly ever seen the other maps. But it's all good fun still. I know 2fort like the back of my knife now.

Yeah. I really, really wish they'd come out with some new maps, though. A game with only one capture the flag map? Wow.

djkimothy

So I finally have the game! Are the load times always this long? Sometimes the load just hangs... :(

I must admit that I'm a total noob right now and I'm trying to get a feel of each of the classes.

Ploid 3.0

Yes I really hate the load times. You load to start the front game selection page, then you load to start that game's menu, and load to select a save, and load that save, then load that save point in game. For TF2, you load tf2, then connect to ea servers, then load something short followed by loading the map. When you finish a map battle you load the next map even if it's the same map (26ish seconds for that load). It's the only thing I hate about the disk so far. I don't even see much of the slow down that's in it (I only saw one slow motion event in HL, breaking glass seem to be a problem. One slow motion in portal), but I haven't made it to episode 1 or 2 yet.

Ploid 3.0

Wow, I just had a team full of mic users and we totally disamantled their defenses. We had dedicated spys, and attackers to wait and attack as a team. The spys would rush in and sap the sentries and the attackers would then focus on the engineers and whatever else was defending the zone. It was so beautiful how everything fell into place. Like a heist, actually it was a heist hah. Would have been better if we had a scout to wait and grab the intel as we secured the document room of sentries and opposition.

Edit:
20070921.jpg

Today I'm going to try a small marathon as medic. People don't seem to pick this class much at all. I shall try to learn how to play it well. Oh and small marathon as in a few hours and breaks are acceptable like for food and such. I'll try to go long as I can though.

Does the demoman's grenade launcher hold 4 or 6 rounds?? I know on the 360 he has 4 but i heard he has 6 on PS3 TF2 could someone confirm plz??

Ploid 3.0

I heard demoman was nerfed somehow (PC version)? Is this that nerf and xbox's was updated?

Edit: I looked into the demoman nerf and it's about bombs being able to explode on contact after the first bounce. Now they can't do that and that's why it's hard to kill people with the grenades unless you throw a flurry of them out and get lucky or the person just don't notice your bouncing grenade. I don't like the bounce bounce roll then blow up thing. People know to get out of the way, the sticky bombs are pretty much the best way to go when you need to blow someone up on the run. You have to be quick with exploding it though. Hope they fix that (un nerf).

I guess the nerf for demoman was needed after all.

I'm a little glad that the demoman was given this slight nerf. The demoman is a very popular class on the servers I've been on. He can blow stuff up around corners, stickie jump, spam grenades, seperate medics from heavys, and booby trap important things. He's the MacGyver of TFC.

I wasn't impressed when I read the Sept. 28th update when I saw the Pyro's flamethrower hitbox or hit detection was being fixed and damage at point blank was being increased.

Then, I tried it out and was shocked when I set a scout on fire out of the normal range The slight increase in range has made the Pyro a useful class able to cause a lot more damage. It's not as frustrating when a person jumps in water or gets a medpack right after being ignited because it's easy to light people on fire (and destroy engineer devices). I've been breaking my old records with him. It no longer feels like the Pyro's main weapon is the shotgun. The Pyro finally plays the way I had imagined him being.

I think its good that the demo was dumbed down a bit so to speak. It should make for better demomen in the long run, vs. people who just spam **** from around the corner.

Pyro is MUCH better now. Played for awhile as one last night since the update and its much better. He is actually a useful class now.

My only other gripe at the moment is that the scout is way too powerful. I mean cmon, a few shots and you can take down a soldier. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. For those of you who have played TFC, I know you understand where I am coming from.

(Note both of these guys are sporting a pyro avatar and sig lol. So maybe not the best source of truth on a nerfed and buffed class).

Pyro rocks and the demoman is a little weaker now

I dunno, Had 360 version since launch and the first i knew of any weapon differences was when i saw PS3 TF2 in work the other day and saw demoman had extra 'nades. I haven't seen pc version either.

Maybe they shoulda made the grenades remote like the stickies, although i could see that being a bit overpowering.

Edit:Thanks for the info Ploid, Sterling work.

Top Bottom