• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

Sony decided to share the news of the update with everyone and now everyone is pissed because it's taking too long. If Sony would have kept the news under wraps people would be pissed that they are silent.

Would you have them release a broken-ass firmware that doesn't work properly or bricks systems? Relax. It will be out soon. Maybe play some games in the meantime?

They have a single hardware iteration to test for PS4 at the moment. Their testing process should be much simpler than the current PS3 one.

Cudder

The guy that Shuhei retweeted confirmed to someone else that you can use your own music in ShareFactory by uploading from USB.

https://twitter.com/newbreedofnerd/status/458799499406626818

So,there will obviously be a way of putting music *somewhere* on your console for SF to use. Though, I wonder if you'll only be able to access it through SF.

Or it could just mean it goes straight from the USB stick to the video in SF, with no stopgap inbetween.

whitehawk

Banned
Latest patch notes for Trials Fusion. It must be coming out soon.

shkthMf.jpg

Then you're going to be very pissed off when this update eventually releases.
Do you know for sure it's not coming, or is it just a suspicion caused by the lack of info on the matter? If it's the latter, knowing it's a wanted feature, maybe Sony wants to give us a surprise.

Vashetti

Banned
Do you know for sure it's not coming, or is it just a suspicion caused by the lack of info on the matter? If it's the latter, knowing it's a wanted feature, maybe Sony wants to give us a surprise.

Sony would have announced native media/MP3 support by now if it was coming.

It's not high on their priorities, they want you to buy Music Unlimited.

Jrmint

They said April when this was first announced right? So that means it will have to come out before the end of next week.

Who knows though. Sony is taking some lessons from Blizzard when it comes to 'soon', that's for sure.

TimFL

They obviously have no support for local media playback in 1.70
The MP3 for SF doesn't mean that they added local media playback support. It's something that should be wayyyyy down on their priority list because no one stops me from putting on my headphones and listening to music on my phone.

icespide

Banned
They obviously have no support for local media playback in 1.70
The MP3 for SF doesn't mean that they added local media playback support. It's something that should be wayyyyy down on their priority list because no one stops me from putting on my headphones and listening to music on my phone.

I completely agree. I hope MP3 support is literally the last thing on their priority list

VanWinkle

Latest patch notes for Trials Fusion. It must be coming out soon.

shkthMf.jpg

Wait, am I missing something? How do the patch notes for Trials indicate that the new PS4 firmware must be coming soon?

Edit: Oh I see, lol. Can't believe I missed that. Still doesn't really tell us when it's coming. We know it's sometime soon.

jonabbey

It seems like DLNA would be something they could implement as an app, if people are just wanting to be able to use the PS4 to listen to / view media.

If people are wanting to have DLNA music streams able to play during games and such, that might be a bigger deal, and need to be in a firmware update.

Pillville

If people are wanting to have DLNA music streams able to play during games and such, that might be a bigger deal, and need to be in a firmware update.

Music Unlimited can already play custom music during games, so the technology/UI is there.
It just needs to be able to play local music instead of streamed music.

Check the page where you change your profile pic on the PS4. It now has the option of using the PlayStation App to send over profile pics. Which requires App 1.70 :)

When they designed the system in the West, they should have moved the firmware team here too.

Oh, I thought that changed?
Well then it makes sense why they wait until fucking niconico is ready, because only that's important to them. I hope they find a way to change things up, on PS3 it always felt like Japan related system stuff was getting priority while SCEE/SCEA basically had to beg SCEJ for years to get western high-profile features in.

When they designed the system in the West, they should have moved the firmware team here too.

Yes, a thousand times yes. SCEE should handle this. Look at how much they improved on Home and the blog. Yeah you (not you specifically) can hate Home as much but they improved it so much in a good time limit.

They said April when this was first announced right? So that means it will have to come out before the end of next week.

Who knows though. Sony is taking some lessons from Blizzard when it comes to 'soon', that's for sure.

they said April so i expect the update to arrive at 11:59pm on the 30th

Top Bottom