• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Aversion

Banned
Firmware is still dog. My SEN account was hacked and they bought stupid shit that I haven't even dl'd at all. Called my bank. They ended up have to REreverse the charges as Sony suspends your account no matter what for a negative balance. My shit still be banned lol. Gotta call them soon. But really I ain't missing much Killzone has went from awesome! so much potential! to fuck you GG you guys are the most incompetent developers I have ever had to deal with in Sony's first party lineup. 4 months and not a single map or even remotely a nod that their game runs like crap in 24 player.

I WILL NEVER TRUST A WORD HULST SAYS EVER AGAIN.

We still don't even have a 9v9 list ffs and the damn imbalances from friends joining just pees me off. AND I can't even use my mic PLUS nor can I set my high-end receiver to stereo because there are no HDMI options as there are on PS3. And yes this does matter as telling my Denon 7.1 while I'm on stereo produces a godawful loud soundfloor that is immediately fixed when I can switch off all multi channel options on the PS3.

BLEH. Lucky I don't mind supporting this system as launch. Infamous and MLB will make me a happy camper though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yes, HDMI 2.0 audio LPCM options are really needed. My switch makes the PS4 think it can handle 7.1 LPCM and outputs at that, even though it can't. It chops off a bunch of audio channels, especially in KZSF. I have to use the controller audio option.

Aversion

Banned
Yes, HDMI 2.0 audio LPCM options are really needed. My switch makes the PS4 think it can handle 7.1 LPCM and outputs at that, even though it can't. It chops off a bunch of audio channels, especially in KZSF. I have to use the controller audio option.

Gezuz thank you. I have been posting in forums for this for months and still nothing. I really REALLY hope they don't think this is going to be acceptable passed a couple more months. I mean something like that seems to me very simple to code from a resource perspective. How can they not realize their audio options are terrible? My PS3 will remain my bluray player for the time being.

And giving a receiver 7.1, at least for me, makes my noise floor go up like 30dB. It isn't even remotely okay.

Sorry to bring this up but what is Sony doing? MS has released 1 major update for the xbox, another 1 is coming and the twitch intergration is coming.

We have had 4 ps4 update. 1st 1 was to disable something, second was fixes, 3rd only headset support and 4th fixes. What is taking them so long to give us massive updates?

My guess is these are hot fixes. I'm not claiming to be familiar with their versioning system, but I'd expect in 1.62, the 1 is the major version number, the 6 is the minor version number, and the 2 is the "hotfix" number.

Major versions are typically reserved for complete or near-complete system overhauls.

Minor versions will take longer and require more testing, often including significant regression and/or integration testing on top of functional testing, than what is required with hotfixes.

Hotfixes are often small fixes that can easily be rolled out in smaller chunks, getting them to the customer faster to fix the most critical of items (performance, crash/lockup related, stability, etc.).

Melchiah

You mean the original wireless headset? It was never supported by the app on the PS3, I even tried it once.
I have an OG PS3 and I downloaded the app today.

Edit: Oh, you meant the old headset on PS4. I completely misunderstood your post.

Yep, the original PS3 wireless headset on the PS4 app. I guess I could have worded it better. The app only shows the Pulse and the Gold models are supported. Way to abandon the buyers of the previous model. =/

icespide

Banned
Yep, the original PS3 wireless headset on the PS4 app. I guess I could have worded it better. The app only shows the Pulse and the Gold models are supported. Way to abandon the buyers of the previous model. =/

the original PS3 headset doesn't have the capability to support the different sound profiles so there's literally no point for it to show up in the app

Top Bottom