• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
i thought it referred to filters

Beyond: Two Souls has a lot of filters. Depth of field comes to mind as well as the "psychic" mode where she goes into environments as another soul (lots of Instagram vignette style filtering there). I definitely think it's a snarky Instgram diss and not a "this is how the game looks" comment.

I admit the screenshot itself may be photoshop free but I don't think they're being that literal there, it seems more like snarky editorializing to me.

Persona86

Banned
Eek. Next time ill put on my glasses before posting. I thought I was Bebel Gilberto.

Now your Babel Giberto? lol. I hope you wear glasses in public hahaha.

sorry hahaha

Edit: I'm not surprised you mistook her thou, google search brought up a similar pose and clothe colour.
Bebel_Gilberto_0602527166902.jpg

Loomba

they should point out "full reveal 11.06.2013 ??CET" or something or people will get confused.

Wouldn't most people that see it just go "cool." and then wait until they stumble upon a new cut out in a few weeks?

I thought it was just to generate some interest at this point.

GolazoDan

Yeah, they advertise Sony all the time on the hoardings (I believe Wembley has electronic ones), pretty sure Sony have been longtime sponsors of the competition.

They also would be able to get a television ad because UEFA have all sorts of weird adverts that you only see during breaks in their football matches. Adverts for, like, respecting referees and stuff. They're really weird, very 1990s.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Champions League is the single most watched event in the world isn't it? Advertising hoardings + the usual on pitch sponsorship bla bla before kickoff is such a huge opportunity for Sony. If they throw in actual TV ads across multiple countries as well. Insane opportunity.

Mario007

They have confirmed the second one numerous times. Yoshida went on record to say that the console can be kept offline for its whole life without any problems.
In fact he said they never even considering having an always online console.

I wonder what the ad will be. It's kinda hard to make an ad for a console without showing the box but Sony has been doing a great job so far with just the controller.

In fact he said they never even considering having an always online console.

I wonder what the ad will be. It's kinda hard to make an ad for a console without showing the box but Sony has been doing a great job so far with just the controller.

Maybe we'll just have the reveal teaser from the 20th. It sure can hype lots of people.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Let's not get carried away here. I mean, it was just a single rumor that there would be a PS4 ad, right?

I distinctly remember watching about 2 hours of American Idol with GAF last year, just to catch some illusive Wii-U commercial that never even aired that day.

That thread was amazing, by the way.

Top Bottom