• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Hardware and Software selling faster than PS2 in Asia

ZhugeEX

Banned
So it's more China/Korea + SouthEast Asia. Or Pasifica Asia sans Japan?

India is a different region. So not included. (Unless Sony changed the definition for this slide)

I didn't realize PS3 sales were that bad in Asia. I always thought it did fine there and only had a rough time in EU and NA.

The PS3 did better than other consoles there. But it was a slow seller due to price + PS2 was very cheap then so selling better.

Atomski

I'm in Thailand right now and the Ps4 is close to 500 dollars in their curancy. I don't see how that could be selling well..

Also higher China sales impressive??? Outside of Hong Kong there pretty much was no console sale numbers due to being banned. Now that the ban is lifted you would think sales numbers would be triple what they use to be.

viHuGi

Banned
Asia, Europe, and the Middle East are hugely covering up the less than ideal US sales and underwhelming Japanese sales.

They're the reason WW PS4 sales are phenomenal despite mediocre sales in the US and Japan.

Yeah ps4 and Xbox one are selling great in the US

viHuGi

Banned
Have you actually compared the U.S and Japanese numbers? There's a world of difference between them.

Also, no console is going to sell at the rate the Wii did. Expecting PS4 to sale around Wii's peak months for the whole cycle is beyond ridiculous. Neverminding the fact the console market may have contracted somewhat, and the explosive amount of sales at the beginning throwing off the usual trajectory.

It won't sell as fast but it will easily outsell Wii because Playstation 4 will sell good for years and years unlike Wii wich sold Great for just 3/4 years.

Top Bottom