• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4: The Dark Sorcerer - Quantic Dream's full tech demo released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA

1080p. Confirmed to be realtime:

gdeszuxk.jpg

Screens from GamerSyde:

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0002.jpg

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0004.jpg

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0005.jpg

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0007.jpg

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0012.jpg

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0013.jpg

Elios83

That looks pretty much amazing, people doubted that next gen consoles could do Agnis Philopshy in real time, there it is on PS4.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I loved it. Incredible graphics. Not many other demos left me impressed. And one of the rare moments where it's actually confirmed to be rendered in real-time.

GHG

Ok, now I see what people mean about coding to the metal beating PC's. This looks insane. Albeit its not gameplay, but still, this is insane.

Ferrio

Banned
The goblins face looks just stupid for me. Like they just mocapped someone's damn face onto it.... proportions look stupid as hell.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Gameplay animations will never be this good, but I'd settle just for the graphics. Highly impressed, and I love that they used the soulful old man head.

so is it safe to believe the old man will be a character in the next Quantic Dream game?

If you recall, the 'actress' in that Casting PS3 tech demo ended up in Heavy Rain years later. :)

The sorcerers characterization on camera was tremendous. He is literally the best next gen character to date. The amount of personality contained within the character is just epic. The facial expressions, the voice, the look....... pure genius.

The goblins face looks just stupid for me. Like they just mocapped someone's damn face onto it.... proportions look stupid as hell.

I think that's part of the joke. It's suppose to look like special effects for a movie or such, given the twist in the demo's plot.

By far the best looking thing at E3 so far. QD actually have a very good record of matching their tech demos. If they can match this...holy cowdung

Magnus

Totally mind-blowing.

People were shitting bricks on GTTV when Quantum Break's vid was confirmed to be real-time, but this is just on another level to my eyes...

scsa

Those screens look CG.
Hopefully the tech demo translates into some real time game-play scenario, and can hold the same graphical fidelity as well.

Danielsan

When I saw this yesterday I almost could not believe it. When they stop the scene and show the set, the lighting almost makes it look real. Amazing.

Carl

"I don't believe it" just made me think of Victor Meldrew.

Good though. Look forward to seeing what QD can do with PS4

Now THIS is next gen.

Still, it's only a tech demo. I don't expect in-game graphics to look like this until the end of this generation, if then.

DieH@rd

Banned
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

Almost LA NOIRE motion capture fidelity, fantastic particles, lightning, skin shaders... True nextgen.

Danielsan

Now THIS is next gen.

Still, it's only a tech demo. I don't expect in-game graphics to look like this until the end of this generation, if then.
Consider Quantic Dreams´s previous tech demos. Then see the games they make. I fully expect a game from them looking this good in late 2014/ early 2015.

Damaniel

Banned
Ho. Lee. Shit.

Yes, I know this is a tech demo, but if mid-gen PS4 games end up looking AND playing this good, then count me in.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Love how they keep cutting back and forth from the stage to the green screen, just to show off how they are capable of streaming high quality assets without problems.

Also, it doesn't look to bad compared to Agni's Philosophy, which is totally mocking (the sorceres is even wearing a feathered mantle). :lol

It looks great, but it is a scripted sequence. Lets see how things look with actual gameplay.

Heavy Rain's heavily scripted but the player is doing stuff during the cutscenes. Same as Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

Anyway, this tech does look blooming lovely.

DBT85

Enjoyed the entire video. Also enjoyed the small bit in the E3 conference, wasn't expecting what we got lol.

sappyday

So this isn't an actual game right? I've been seeing a lot of reports that this is a game and even some people listing it as a one of the Sony exclusives. Amazon also has (had? I haven't checked since yesterday) it for pre-order.

I'm getting this Terry Pratchett vibe from this. It's also good to see a comedy game :)

And damn, this was the first game that I saw that made me realize what next gen graphical potential is.

Top Bottom