• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UK/EU - Walk into a store and pick it up?

Congrats dude. Lucky you made it :D

You still have to finish Beyond though :p

I already have a next gen backlog on X1, Vita and Wii U. Will have one on PS4 soon too. I have no idea when I'll get round to clearing my PS360 backlogs, but I do hope to finish Beyond before the end of the year...

Too many games, not enough time. Bloody work and social life getting in the way...

Underestimated demand.

I was drinking Stella earlier. Now I'm just sitting in a pile of my own fucking fury and contemplating heading down to Argos at 5am.

Try a Sainsbury's. Not any midnight launches from what I could tell. So they might have stock available at 8am or whatever time they open.

Fewer chavs will think of it as well so you have a good chance.

kmg90

We don't know how many units Sony allocated for the Europe launch....

However I see the chances of it being available to any walk-in customers at retail store being pretty slim

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Underestimated demand.

I was drinking Stella earlier. Now I'm just sitting in a pile of my own fucking fury and contemplating heading down to Argos at 5am.

Ha ha. Top post mate. Good luck :)

I already have a next gen backlog on X1, Vita and Wii U. Will have one on PS4 soon too. I have no idea when I'll get round to clearing my PS360 backlogs, but I do hope to finish Beyond before the end of the year...

Too many games, not enough time. Bloody work and social life getting in the way...
Oh wow :O Is Dead Rising 3 as amazing as you hoped at least? You were really hyped for that one if I remember correctly.

ButchCat

I've got my fingers crossed. Best of luck. I know how disappointing it can be leaving a store empty handed.

Don't forget to check Argos too.

The 2 year Guarantee is what I found attractive, if things don't work out I'll probably have a look at Argos but thanks.

SmokyDave

Try a Sainsbury's. Not any midnight launches from what I could tell. So they might have stock available at 8am or whatever time they open.

Fewer chavs will think of it as well so you have a good chance.
There's a Sainsbury's down the road that opens at 8am but they wouldn't tell me if they're getting any stock or not (seriously) and if I go there on a hiding to nothing, I'll probably fuck up my Argos chances too.

On the one hand, I'm pleased the console is doing crazy business. On the other hand... Fuck.

Rich!

Just got mine.

Anyone thinking of just walking in and buying one? You've got no chance. at all. holy fuck, I've never seen Tesco so busy upstairs. The amount of people they had to turn away...glorious to see their faces.

Now...I need to make a decision. Sell PS4 for profit or sell Nintendo consoles? Hm. I have two 3DS consoles and the Wii U will be dirt cheap next year, so I guess

That way, I have money extra AND a PS4.hooray

Oh wow :O Is Dead Rising 3 as amazing as you hoped at least? You were really hyped for that one if I remember correctly.

It's fantastic, I just can't find the time to play for more than an hour. Hell, the only reason I'm up now was to secure a PS4 from John Lewis, (so happy I was able to get one) should really be in bed, very early start tomorrow.

The 2 year Guarantee is what I found attractive, if things don't work out I'll probably have a look at Argos but thanks.

Yeah, that's exactly why I went with John Lewis. That extended warranty is too good to pass up.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Good luck to everyone hitting the shops tomorrow.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Did you guys who managed to order on John Lewis have your payment details already saved? I think that was why me and my Dad lost our chance! Was probably a lottery either way though.

There's a Sainsbury's down the road that opens at 8am but they wouldn't tell me if they're getting any stock or not (seriously) and if I go there on a hiding to nothing, I'll probably fuck up my Argos chances too.

On the one hand, I'm pleased the console is doing crazy business. On the other hand... Fuck.

Us Vitabros deserved better!

Not getting any response in the other thread so I'll ask here:

Does anyone have information about GAME orders?

I was phase 3 and was guaranteed my PS4 by Christmas but they've updated the website and now it says that your order will be shipped by the 20th December if you've paid a deposit....

I ordered mine off the website, there was no deposit.

Anyone heard from GAME about this? Is it not to late to cancel my order and go with Shopto or something so I still get it for Xmas?

Rich!

Not getting any response in the other thread so I'll ask here:

Does anyone have information about GAME orders?

I was phase 3 and was guaranteed my PS4 by Christmas but they've updated the website and now it says that your order will be shipped by the 20th December if you've paid a deposit....

I ordered mine off the website, there was no deposit.

Anyone heard from GAME about this? Is it not to late to cancel my order and go with Shopto or something so I still get it for Xmas?

Plenty of people at Tesco tonight in the same situation as you.

Also, going by my experience tonight, you're not going to find one before christmas now unless you're either incredibly lucky or willing to spend extra.

RaikuHebi

Banned

Also, going by my experience tonight, you're not going to find one before christmas now unless you're either incredibly lucky or willing to spend extra.

I reckon shops will get more stock before Christmas, based on Sony's Vita + PS4 bundle.

Considering the amount of consoles that Sony have shipped in for the European launch, it's amazing that they are still capable of selling everything. I was at the game store at the Manchester Arndale centre earlier today and they had about 80 PS4s all stacked up behind the counter. All of them pre-ordered. Absolutely nothing left. The HMV over the road was the same, everything already preordered.

I don't know why no one has made a thread about this yet, GAME have gone back on there Xmas guarantee for preorders and at the same time they have ridiculous new bundles which you can get on launch. Sons of bitches.

Some big lines around these parts.

I will still take my chances and see if I can get one before xmas. If I could get a Wii the first holiday it was out this shouldnt be as hard.

With the launch and Black Friday out of the way I hope shops start getting shipments at a regular basis.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Did you guys not have your payment details ready to go either? I bet those that managed to order had theirs saved on the website.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I was on that Tesco link. With a £10 e-voucher applied and my Dad's clubcard vouchers it came down to £310. But I couldn't press buy. Nope, just in case my Dad wanted to keep the vouchers or something lool. Why couldn't this have happened when he was awake!

Vibri

Banned
Does DPD show estimated delivery times? Mine just shows it's at the nearest depot and due for delivery tomorrow. Trying to figure out which half of the day off!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just ordered, but not thanks to you :p. Ive actually been refreshing the page since being heartbroken at 12 loool. Was worth the sleeping pattern sacrifice.

ButchCat

Just ordered, but not thanks to you :p. Ive actually been refreshing the page since being heartbroken at 12 loool. Was worth the sleeping pattern sacrifice.

That about sums it up, I've been monitoring StockInformer and pressing that refresh button like a motherfucker!

eLGee

In 30 minutes I'm going to stand in the freezing cold for 3 hours and 30 minutes in the hope of getting a console. I live in a shitty Swedish small town, so my chances are decent I'm getting a console. Cheers!

Orbis

Argos seem to have at least some bundles for home delivery. I just ordered the Killzone + Camera + Controller bundle with Saturday delivery. I have a feeling that may not happen; it just seems unlikely given that the nearest 10 stores to me had zero stock of any of them according to the website, and all of those must have been sold or reserved since Midnight.

I'll update with any progress if the order is processed/cancelled.

EDIT: I should actually clarify; it said 'In Stock' and let me specifically choose a delivery date.

One of my local tescos (riverside in Dundee)had 5 cards on the display for a console (as at 7pm)Asked if that meant they had them in stock I was told "yes we have 5 left".
Damn my pay isn't in till later today.

But to answer OP, yes i think there is enough stock to walk in and buy one but i think supermarkets are your answer as many people wont have preordered from them. Also you get clubcard points, and your shopping for the weekend so you don't need to leave the house!

Rich!

How many clubcard points did I actually get from buying it? I just got the base unit, no games or extras.

I want to know just how many nights at Pizza Express this will get me!

I've already got near enough a hundred quid worth of vouchers. I'll be living on pizza.

Rich!

You make it sound like people wanting to have sex with even the hooker that's got no limbs.

You didn't hear the sheer amount of groaning each person gave when they were told it was Knack or nothing.

It was absolutely hilarious.

Bishop89

There will be no walk into store and pick up in Aus............................................
unless you are looking for xbone.

Argos are doing reserve and collect! Waiting in a coffee shop nearby waiting for it to open.

Might be worth looking online, they seemed to open reservations from 6am this morning.

SmokyDave

Argos seem to have at least some bundles for home delivery. I just ordered the Killzone + Camera + Controller bundle with Saturday delivery. I have a feeling that may not happen; it just seems unlikely given that the nearest 10 stores to me had zero stock of any of them according to the website, and all of those must have been sold or reserved since Midnight.

I'll update with any progress if the order is processed/cancelled.

EDIT: I should actually clarify; it said 'In Stock' and let me specifically choose a delivery date.
I've done the same but with the FIFA bundle (it was the only one showing in stock). Saturday delivery too. I'm doubtful but we'll see.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
There will be no walk into store and pick up in Aus............................................
unless you are looking for xbone.

Might go for a look tomorrow morning just for shits n gigs while I get a coffee. Checked Dick Smith, JB Hifi, Harvey Norman, Target and Big W online and they have it sold out till late Dec and January.

Top Bottom